***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Thanos loved her. Remember the scene after he snapped his fingers?

Baby Gamora "What did it cost?"

Thanos "Everything". 

Dude wasn't talking about killing half the universe to achieve his vision. 

Yeah I thought that's where I knew he loved her, but was confused because I figured Gamora was right when she said he didn't love her.

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Well, he did ruthlessly murder those dwarves lol. 

Didn't seem necessary especially since it didn't align with his ultimate goal. Actually worked against it if he was supposed to spare half of every race in the universe. Which I'm guessing he even did for the Asgardians. 

I'm assuming the dwarf genocide was to keep them from making any kind of weapon that could stop him. Or making a similar tool for someone else that could potentially undo what he did if someone else obtained the stones later. Which would align with the fact that he spared Eitri for helping him, but still crippled him to kill his craftmanship.

Thanos's goal is to wipe out half the universe, but I don't think his perspective on it is some Noah's ark style thinking of saving exactly half of each race. If he feels he must wipe out 100% of a race or planet to ensure the success of his overall objective, I don't think he has any problem doing it. Because it still, in his view, leads to a greater good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Well, he did ruthlessly murder those dwarves lol. 

Didn't seem necessary especially since it didn't align with his ultimate goal. Actually worked against it if he was supposed to spare half of every race in the universe. Which I'm guessing he even did for the Asgardians. 

Ok dwarves aside. Lol.

You're right though actually didn't fit in with his character. Although fits in with the script i.e. having no dwarves to restart the star.

9 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Yeah I thought that's where I knew he loved her, but was confused because I figured Gamora was right when she said he didn't love her.

I thought it was quite obvious?

When he had captured her and she said 

"I hated it here. I hated that chair"

And Thanos said "I know, you told me every day" he sounded like a father desperate for his daughter to love him.

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I thought it was quite obvious?

When he had captured her and she said 

"I hated it here. I hated that chair"

And Thanos said "I know, you told me every day" he sounded like a father desperate for his daughter to love him.

It was just his character and the way I remember Thanos treating gamora in the previous movies. I thought he was putting on a facade

10 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

It was just his character and the way I remember Thanos treating gamora in the previous movies. I thought he was putting on a facade

Nah there were a few moments where Josh Brolin played it perfectly. That scene in particular I really felt his desire for Gamoras love.

They did a great job with Thanos and making you not necessarily sympathize (well, at least not completely) but understand his intentions and why he did what he did. He wasn't your typical "bad" guy. He was a nicely layered character and Brolin did a great job playing him. 

Won't lie though - looking forward to watching him get his rear handed to him in Avengers 4.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, upon rewatch I noticed that didn't really make sense or align with his goals.

The dwarves were the only people he felt were a threat to his dream. While it may not align with his views specifically. Then again it may have been viewed as a necessary evil. 

29 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

They did a great job with Thanos and making you not necessarily sympathize (well, at least not completely) but understand his intentions and why he did what he did. He wasn't your typical "bad" guy. He was a nicely layered character and Brolin did a great job playing him. 

Won't lie though - looking forward to watching him get his rear handed to him in Avengers 4.

I hope they make him so likeable that you wanna cry if they see fit to let him die in Gamoras arms or something. Just in case Fiege is full of crap. 

33 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I've gotta say. I am so, so glad Thanos rewrote time and killed Vision for a second time. Absolutely one of my favorite parts from the film.

That whole scene calls bs on Dr Strange though.

If he hadn't handed over the time stone they would have removed it from vision and destroyed it with time to spare.

30 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

That whole scene calls bs on Dr Strange though.

If he hadn't handed over the time stone they would have removed it from vision and destroyed it with time to spare.

I mean. Thanos could have still gotten the time stone eventually. Would have taken him longer than if strange handed it to him. But after getting it time would be a non variable for him.