***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

5 hours ago, Gmen4ev said:

I'm only 23 so I legitimately could not know. But I have to assume this is the level of greatness that the Empire Strikes Back held? If so I can understand now why people are so infatuated with that movie even though its not my cup of tea.

I was about 5 when ESB dropped so can't tell you what it was like. The only movies  I remember that I can compare it to in terms of exceeding the hype would be The Dark Knight - but this one had 10x the hype, and mashed it right out of the park. 

I'm still trying to collect myself. I can't stop thinking about this movie and what comes next.

Don't think I'm as high on this film as some are. The first 2/3's felt a bit too rushed/too much going on. I thought the humour was excessive at times. The ending and Thanos were great. Thanos' motivations could have been fleshed out a bit more IMO; they're a little iffy as is. Knowing that people will be coming back really dulls the weight of the conclusion for me. Thor has become my favourite avenger by far. 

4 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Don't think I'm as high on this film as some are

Same.

I mean I really enjoyed it and it's a solid 7.8 on the IMDb scale.

I thought they handled a very difficult film well (connecting multiple character arcs and storylines) but it felt rushed. Like I said earlier, this was perfect for a trilogy.

6 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Don't think I'm as high on this film as some are. The first 2/3's felt a bit too rushed/too much going on. I thought the humour was excessive at times. The ending and Thanos were great. Thanos' motivations could have been fleshed out a bit more IMO; they're a little iffy as is. Knowing that people will be coming back really dulls the weight of the conclusion for me. Thor has become my favourite avenger by far. 

Thought his motivations were clear as day. 

He saw Titan overpopulate and eventually collapse as a whole because the world's government refused to acknowledge his genocidal plan (for obvious reasons). After Titans collapse he sought out other world's that were in danger of collapsing much like his own world and inflicting his plan by force because he sees it as the only humane way to save humanity.

Along the way he learns of the infinity stones and the power that they wield. Thanos being as smart as he is knows that even untill his dying breath he could not travel to every corner of the universe and save humanity as he sees it. But with all the infinity stones he could snap his fingers and "retire" knowing he's saved the universe from eventual destruction.

Not sure how they're "iffy", to me it seemed fairly clear as day abiet absolutely insane.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Thought his motivations were clear as day. 

He saw Titan overpopulate and eventually collapse as a whole because the world's government refused to acknowledge his genocidal plan (for obvious reasons). After Titans collapse he sought out other world's that were in danger of collapsing much like his own world and inflicting his plan by force because he sees it as the only humane way to save humanity.

Along the way he learns of the infinity stones and the power that they wield. Thanos being as smart as he is knows that even untill his dying breath he could not travel to every corner of the universe and save humanity as he sees it. But with all the infinity stones he could snap his fingers and "retire" knowing he's saved the universe from eventual destruction.

Not sure how they're "iffy", to me it seemed fairly clear as day abiet absolutely insane.

I got all that. It's not really a solution though. Planets repopulate. Indiscriminately wiping out half the universe also kills civilizations that aren't even close to collapse (unless I missed something there). His ideology seems too obviously flawed for someone as smart as he is. 

8 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

I got all that. It's not really a solution though. Planets repopulate. Indiscriminately wiping out half the universe also kills civilizations that aren't even close to collapse (unless I missed something there). His ideology seems too obviously flawed for someone as smart as he is. 

He's pretty deluded

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

He's pretty deluded

That's a given. He's still a much better villain than anyone else the Avengers have faced. I really liked that he had some moments where he showed mercy and wasn't just a "kill everyone" villain. 

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

That's a given. He's still a much better villain than anyone else the Avengers have faced. I really liked that he had some moments where he showed mercy and wasn't just a "kill everyone" villain. 

Eh. He killed everyone on Gamora's planet except her. And also every one of those Dwarves except one. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Eh. He killed everyone on Gamora's planet except her. And also every one of those Dwarves except one. 

Didn't he only kill half on Gamora's? I could have sworn they divided them into two groups during the execution scene. The dwarves make sense given their ability. 

Something that was brought to my attention I didn't think of regarding Captain Marvel is that she's probably dead in the current time. That's probably going to be the reason why she's never around in the previous films, despite being Fury's big gun. I'm thinking that device that fell to the floor is (I guess this would be convenient) is a way to contact her back through time. Send a message maybe. Perhaps the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel gets cancer like the original Captain Mar-Vell. Could easily see that being adapted to her character.  

6 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Didn't he only kill half on Gamora's? I could have sworn they divided them into two groups during the execution scene. The dwarves make sense given their ability. 

Pretty sure they were all killed on both sides of the firing squad. Could be wrong. I'd have to see it again. 

Edited by PapaShogun

2 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

Yup, only half on them were killed.

Yeah the dwarves appear to be an anomaly. Probably to fit the script for Thor. If he'd left half of them alive creating storm breaker wouldn't have been half as dramatic