***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Yeah the dwarves appear to be an anomaly. Probably to fit the script for Thor. If he'd left half of them alive creating storm breaker wouldn't have been half as dramatic

Dwarves were the only race capable of creating weapons capable of killing Thanos, thus he killed all but one of them. Pretty clear motivation there. 

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Something I noticed upon rewatch is that Mark Ruffalo was easily the worst part of this movie and sucked in 90% of his scenes.

Second viewing in - I actually liked him more. I think he was a bit frantic because he knew that Hulk was scared

That's got to be part of the next movie, Hulk and Banner reconciling and overcoming each others' fear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Second viewing in - I actually liked him more. I think he was a bit frantic because he knew that Hulk was scared

That's got to be part of the next movie, Hulk and Banner reconciling and overcoming each others' fear.

That would've made sense if he wasn't joking around more than ever. He's the single worst part of a nearly perfect movie by a landslide for me. His opening scene and his reunion with Cap/Widow/etc at the Avengers base are the only two positive scenes he's in. I understand the story they are going for with the Hulk and find that interesting but I thought Ruffalo himself did a horrible job in this movie.

Edited by Bullet Club

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Is Thor now the most powerful avenger? 

Apart from Captain Marvel, whom it sounds like could defeat Thanos alone.

I'd say so...which, kinda how it should be considering he's a "god". 

25 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I read somewhere in the comics he destroyed it, although I guess that isn't the same Thanos we're getting in the Avengers.

Comic Thanos is also far more sadistic than what we're getting in MCU Thanos.

Thanos was also an outcast on Titan in the comics, being half Deviant half Eternal he was always viewed as a monster (mostly due to his size/color) even since he was a child. Thanos's decisions in the comics tend to deal with far more rage & ultimate power rather than being the universes savior like we're seeing now.