***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Obviously. But....people were pre-emptively upset about the possibility of Hank Pym being chosen as the MCU Ant-Man regardless, just because that page existed.

which is absurd. Hes not real. He is a freaking drawing on a page. Now the writer of the book, sure you can be outraged by him. How do you hold it against a character like that, as if it was a real person trying to put it past him. Its laughable IMO

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Obviously. But....people were pre-emptively upset about the possibility of Hank Pym being chosen as the MCU Ant-Man regardless, just because that page existed.

We really have been over run by pansies of they have to take a stand against one page out of a comic book. 

On 24/05/2018 at 12:05 AM, Manny/Patrick said:

So it seems the reason Dr Strange didn’t just cut off Thanos arm during the battle on Titan is because with Thanos having the space stone it prevents him from being  involuntary teleported.

Makes sense. Does make you wonder why then anyone can ever hold or stop him if he can control space and reality.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:08 PM, Deadpulse said:

which is absurd. Hes not real. He is a freaking drawing on a page. Now the writer of the book, sure you can be outraged by him. How do you hold it against a character like that, as if it was a real person trying to put it past him. Its laughable IMO

Yea but I wouldnt get the point of that too. I mean I didnt see where he tried to justify the action as in "that's how it should be" or something similar. It was an action that one character on one page. 

I agree that this book burning mentality that people think anything offensive should be censored and never talked about or seen is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 4:05 PM, Calvert28 said:

There's no reason they couldnt have used Pym and still left that out. 

Honestly it’s one of those things where if they used him they’d never hear the end of fans asking about that being adapted. 

For year people were screaming about the Mandarin showing up to the point where they felt a need to do a bait and switch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw it. A fantastic, amazing film all around. The tone was set as soon as Thanos' descendants hit Earth starting with the Iron Man/Strange segment. It didn't let go after that. The scene with Rogers/Falcon/Black Widow getting introduced to the film was perfectly done. Directing was just fantastic. They had so many things they had to balance out in the film with the enormous amount of characters and they couldn't have done it better in my opinion. Haven't felt a sense of fear/emotion in a comic book film since The Dark Knight trilogy. Almost all of the characters were done just right. A few seemed weak but it was understandable in correlation to the plot. Was never a fan of Thor conceptually but man, he was everything this movie needed in the end. I'm still a little confused at the ending and trying to put things together. I think it was a little hard to follow for those general viewers (like me) who don't follow the whole Marvel thing too much. Was gonna try seeping through the thread for some good discussion and theories but looks like that's not happening. Lol. Loved it. This movie really restored my interest in the Marvel film project. I was beginning to think it was a beaten dead horse before this....

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

This movie really restored my interest in the Marvel film project. I was beginning to think it was a beaten dead horse before this....

This one could do it for you and I really don't think you need a Blu-ray box set of all of the movies to understand what's going on here. I mean, it's needed to engage in some of the asinine debates and theories we're running wild on, but you could watch the movie as is and still get a full feel of what's going on. (Maybe Black Panther is a pre-req, just because of Wakanda. Thor Ragnarok, too).

I'll say this - it probably behooves you to catch Ant Man/Wasp next month, and Captain Marvel in 2019 before you catch Avengers 4...

7 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

(Maybe Black Panther is a pre-req, just because of Wakanda. Thor Ragnarok, too).

I didn't see Black Panther before seeing IW and didn't feel like i missed anything.  Seeing it afterward just reinforced that theory.  That movie didn't really explain anything IW needed.

Thor Ragnarok on the other hand, explained quite a bit.  

But yeah, IW can be mostly a stand alone movie.  You'll definitely get more out of it seeing all the others, but it's not necessary.

6 hours ago, theJ said:

I didn't see Black Panther before seeing IW and didn't feel like i missed anything.  Seeing it afterward just reinforced that theory.  That movie didn't really explain anything IW needed.

Thor Ragnarok on the other hand, explained quite a bit.  

But yeah, IW can be mostly a stand alone movie.  You'll definitely get more out of it seeing all the others, but it's not necessary.

yeah, i had no idea who the guy with the stone in his head was, but it didnt matter

Just now, MathMan said:

hmmm...no, that doesnt seem right

It's Vision - who is a combination of JARVIS (Tony's old AI) the Vibranium body created by Ultron and the Mind Stone.

I first read "hand" instead of "head" and figured you were making a Thanos joke...

53 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

JARVIS.

51 minutes ago, MathMan said:

hmmm...no, that doesnt seem right

49 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It's Vision - who is a combination of JARVIS (Tony's old AI) the Vibranium body created by Ultron and the Mind Stone.

I first read "hand" instead of "head" and figured you were making a Thanos joke...

Listen to the Iron Man movie clips with Jarvis speaking - it's Bettany.   Nice continuity move to have him in from the start, he's visually a great representation of the comic version of Vision.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Listen to the Iron Man movie clips with Jarvis speaking - it's Bettany.   Nice continuity move to have him in from the start, he's visually a great representation of the comic version of Vision.

Alright, now that is giving them WAY too much credit. In no way when they cast Bettany in the first Iron Man were they expecting to make him Vision.

And honestly, almost anyone could look like a good representation of Vision in the comics when you strip away nearly all of their features (Hair, ears, eyebrows) and add in mechanical features all over the place.

I like Vision in the MCU, and Bettany has been very good, but this is the kind of stuff that is a bridge too far when heaping praise on Marvel.

17 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Alright, now that is giving them WAY too much credit. In no way when they cast Bettany in the first Iron Man were they expecting to make him Vision.

And honestly, almost anyone could look like a good representation of Vision in the comics when you strip away nearly all of their features (Hair, ears, eyebrows) and add in mechanical features all over the place.

I like Vision in the MCU, and Bettany has been very good, but this is the kind of stuff that is a bridge too far when heaping praise on Marvel.

Wrong choice of words - it was Whedon who chose to keep Bettany as Vision.  So yeah it was serendipitous that he took on Jarvis - but it’s hard to envision a different actor playing Vision now.   He really does fit the Comic version to a T IMO.