***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

Still pisses me off that the heroes had ample chances to stop Thanos but failed. Scarlet Witch could of just destroyed Visions stone. Dr Strange could have easily hid his stone. Quill asking wheres Gamora during their mission to take the gauntlet off Thanos hand. Couldnt it had waited another minute when the mission was done. Thor could of done a Superman an gone for Thanos head. 

I'm a mixed bag of emotions after seeing this. Movie was great...but damn. Don't know how to feel with certain characters fading off at the end. I imagine they'll be brought back, but still. Seeing Peter go....ugh. 

43 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Still pisses me off that the heroes had ample chances to stop Thanos but failed. Scarlet Witch could of just destroyed Visions stone. Dr Strange could have easily hid his stone. Quill asking wheres Gamora during their mission to take the gauntlet off Thanos hand. Couldnt it had waited another minute when the mission was done. Thor could of done a Superman an gone for Thanos head. 

Yeah really annoyed me too. But ... emotion bro.

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Honestly not the one that got me, im not that invested in this Groot (plus weve seen him 'Die' already). It was the first one, when Bucky calls out to Steve

Groot, Rocket, and Cap are my favorites, and I love the interactions that Groot and Rocket have had through three movies now. It really got me seeing that scene. Groots expression and just the sadness in Rockets voice.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im not saying I wanted him to lay out the entire scenario (or even part of it). And granted I've only seen it once so far, so maybe the subtle hints are actually there, but I would have liked to see the anguish on Strange grow as he sees these things building up to him having to give up the Time Stone.

Like letting Quill punch Thanos, his realization to let Stark/Quill go with their foolhardy plan (I think I caught some of that) and possibly even letting Thanos stab Tony.

Again some of that might be there, but just a simple "trust me, Ive seen the timelines" is pretty lazy and unfulfilling to me

All of that probably needed to happen in order for the one good scenario to play out correctly. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

All of that probably needed to happen in order for the one good scenario to play out correctly. 

Yes, I agree it needed to, but if you SHOW Strange coming to terms with those things (which everyone is calling out 'why did they do that?', or its that persons fault) then it makes more sense when the Time Stone is just handed over almost nonchalantly.

And then the line about the 'Only Way' has even more impact than it already does. Especially if Dr. Strange says "its the only way, this has been the only way" Like I said, when something is this good, it makes me mad when something this lazy is stuck in the middle of it.

Thinking about it more, why not when Strange is looking through the timelines, why not have it as something like this;

• Strange: "Ive looked through 14,000,605 timelines" (or whatever the line was...)
  • Stark: "and how many of those is Thanos stopped?"
  • Parker: "Yea how many do we win?"
  • Strange: to Stark "in a handful of outcomes, Thanos' universal genocide is stopped" to Parker "We only win in one"

Im not a script doctor, but you get what Im saying

Edited by StLunatic88

13 minutes ago, Tyty said:

So who all died then. I don't care about spoilers cause none of them will stick obviously. This is marvel. 

Who actually died during the film?

• Heimdall
  • Loki
  • Gamora
  • Vision

Then after Thanos Snaps his fingers eliminating half of the Universe, everyone disappears except

• Ironman
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Banner
  • Black Widow
  • Rocket
  • Nebulea
  • War Machine
  • Okoye
  • Shuri
  • M'Baku
  • Wong

We did not see anything about Hawkeye or Antman & The Wasp, which would lead us to believe they are still alive, because the post credits also show us lose Maria Hill and Nick Fury

Edited by StLunatic88

I am now more convinced than ever that Nebula is the Key to defeating Thanos. Although she will have to sacrifice herself (along with Cap and probably Stark together) to do so. She could have just been used in the torture scene and then Killed off, there is a reason that she escapes, doesnt do much else, but is left alive.

Also, many are saying "anyone who died prior to the Snap, will stay dead" and I see what they are saying, but I dont completely agree.

I think Heimdall and Loki are gone. They have run their course. But the other two I am not so sure of;

• I believe we did see Shuri complete the reconfiguration of Vision prior to the attack in her lab. But she just didnt remove the Mind Stone from him as his power source. So when it is ripped from him (both times) it shuts him down, as he is still mostly operating as an Android. I think they can recreate him (a much less powered version) so he can help  in A4.
  • I also think Gamora will be brought back to life. But not by the Avengers, by Thanos himself. There is a reason he sees her child-self once he decimates the Universe, and the line "at what cost" is important. I think something like that, making him a complete character not just the Mad Titan, will end up being his downfall. Maybe he uses the Time Stone, maybe it is the Soul Stone itself, but he has the power to bring her back. (and the team up of the sisters, and ones sacrifice for the other, will be a huge part of defeating him)
  • Like 3