***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yes, I agree it needed to, but if you SHOW Strange coming to terms with those things (which everyone is calling out 'why did they do that?', or its that persons fault) then it makes more sense when the Time Stone is just handed over almost nonchalantly.

And then the line about the 'Only Way' has even more impact than it already does. Especially if Dr. Strange says "its the only way, this has been the only way" Like I said, when something is this good, it makes me mad when something this lazy is stuck in the middle of it.

Thinking about it more, why not when Strange is looking through the timelines, why not have it as something like this;

• Strange: "Ive looked through 14,000,605 timelines" (or whatever the line was...)
  • Stark: "and how many of those is Thanos stopped?"
  • Parker: "Yea how many do we win?"
  • Strange: to Stark "in a handful of outcomes, Thanos' universal genocide is stopped" to Parker "We only win in one"

Im not a script doctor, but you get what Im saying

Strange’s line to Stark “it was the ONLY way” before he dies says it all.   The movie doesn’t need us to have everything spelled out in excruciating detail.   It also makes that scene so much more powerful. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yes, I agree it needed to, but if you SHOW Strange coming to terms with those things (which everyone is calling out 'why did they do that?', or its that persons fault) then it makes more sense when the Time Stone is just handed over almost nonchalantly.

And then the line about the 'Only Way' has even more impact than it already does. Especially if Dr. Strange says "its the only way, this has been the only way" Like I said, when something is this good, it makes me mad when something this lazy is stuck in the middle of it.

Thinking about it more, why not when Strange is looking through the timelines, why not have it as something like this;

• Strange: "Ive looked through 14,000,605 timelines" (or whatever the line was...)
  • Stark: "and how many of those is Thanos stopped?"
  • Parker: "Yea how many do we win?"
  • Strange: to Stark "in a handful of outcomes, Thanos' universal genocide is stopped" to Parker "We only win in one"

Im not a script doctor, but you get what Im saying

Disagree, I don't want everything spelled out for me. Show, don't tell.

• Like 1

Just now, jjab360 said:

Disagree, I don't want everything spelled out for me. Show, don't tell.

That's like... That's literally the number one rule for writing of any type.  Seems like a tiny complaint.  If fans went in KNOWING that Strange had some master plan and that everything happened because it was the only way to defeat Thanos, the deaths and disappearances would mean less. 

Edit: I'm agreeing with the person I quoted.  I don't know if if that was obvious or not, so I clarified. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's like... That's literally the number one rule for writing of any type.  Seems like a tiny complaint.  If fans went in KNOWING that Strange had some master plan and that everything happened because it was the only way to defeat Thanos, the deaths and disappearances would mean less. 

Edit: I'm agreeing with the person I quoted.  I don't know if if that was obvious or not, so I clarified. 

Whyd he wait that long to look into potential outcomes?? To me that should of been the first thing done when Banner said Thanos is coming. 

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Strange’s line to Stark “it was the ONLY way” before he dies says it all.   The movie doesn’t need us to have everything spelled out in excruciating detail.   It also makes that scene so much more powerful. 

They have explained everything they've needed to up until this point. It is not needed to explain Strange meaning right now. Everything that was needed to be said has already been. It will all be tied up in the last movie.

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

Whyd he wait that long to look into potential outcomes?? To me that should of been the first thing done when Banner said Thanos is coming. 

Maybe he thought it would be strange to look into it too early. 

4 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

So now I'm even more excited to see Ant-Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel. 

I'm assuming she figures into A4 in a large way. 

I would imagine Ant-Man 2 is going to be about the Infinity War and left on a cliff hanger as well. Captain Marvel will need a throw away villain but I think it will be ending with her getting Fury's signal.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:45 PM, texans_uk said:

Did anyone else cringe at the line "she isn't alone". I fully expected a #metoo to appear on screen at that point. Or maybe Black Widow to reveal a t-shirt with the slogan.

I cringe at 90% of black widow's one liners.

Here comes an army or any bad guy? Insert sarcastic "well this should be fun".

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

They have explained everything they've needed to up until this point. It is not needed to explain Strange meaning right now. Everything that was needed to be said has already been. It will all be tied up in the last movie.

Correct.  But even if they leave details out it’s more than enough on Strange’s part.  

7 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

When Banner told him Thanos is coming. Strange just asked "Who?"

He had to get the full scope of what Thanos is and then go to retrieve Stark. Then the attack came. He didn't have time.

• Like 2

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Strange has probably already seen the entire outcome. It's the small glimmer of hope that it will work itself out.

For sure.  That line says it all IMO.  Strange knew how it needed to go.   Doing it this way makes the scene so much more powerful.   Giving glimmers of hope and hints rewards the audience later.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I would imagine Ant-Man 2 is going to be about the Infinity War and left on a cliff hanger as well. Captain Marvel will need a throw away villain but I think it will be ending with her getting Fury's signal.

We've heard Fury elude to the fact that Tony wasn't the first superhero...and now with the end credits scene...going to be interesting to see how he becomes familiar with her and I have to imagine Hank & Janet factor in somehow as well.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Ant-Man & the Wasp takes place before Infinity War.