***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Folks are just too accustomed to the three act structure where everything wraps into a nice bow in the final act. I don't think the casual attendee knew this was a two part movie. Or about the future films planned. So some people left angry.

I knew this was a two part, part of the reason I'm disappointed. Thought it was rushed. The second part must be equally crammed. Hope it's not a talker like Matrix Reloaded.

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Oh as soon as soon as that happened I thought “please say anything but one”. Make it cooler and go yolo and say zero. 

The problem when you do that is you need all of a sudden every possibility becomes a plot contrivance. 

Exactly. I was hoping for something like two and thinking it would be badass if they said none, but I would have bet $20 against walking 50 miles back home that the writers were so bad that of course they would say one. 

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:

Yeah but why would Thanos bring all them back to life?

Who knows. Could come down to Tony convincing Thanos his philosophy isn't the right one. This isn't the same Thanos with the same motivations as his comic counterpart. 

Just now, lancerman said:

Anybody with the Infinity Gauntlet can.... could be Thanos, doesn’t have to be.

I dunno man. Seems like it would be too big for anyone else

• Like 1

Just now, TXsteeler said:

I don't care about the explanation because we all know they aren't staying dead.

You keep saying dead when you don't even know what happened to them.  If you don't care about the explanation, you can't care about the lack of an explanation.  That's literally how the word "care" works.  Feige has said that anyone who dies in this movie stays dead.  Somebody not throwing a temper tantrum would look at that and say, "Okay, that probably means they didn't die.  It was something else, something I do not know yet because I am not privy to all the information that will be available once this two part movie has played out in (not one) two movies." 

Where is the disconnect? 

Ash = Not dead, something else.

Lacking explanation = The explaining isn't over.

This all boils down to a lack of one key requisite component in a two part movie released one year apart:

Patience. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I knew this was a two part, part of the reason I'm disappointed. Thought it was rushed. The second part must be equally crammed. Hope it's not a talker like Matrix Reloaded.

What was rushed. We have 18 movies leading up to this.

• Like 2

Just now, Gmen4ev said:

I dunno man. Seems like it would be too big for anyone else

I've actually be trolling. But this is a serious issue that I never thought of lol.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Exactly. I was hoping for something like two and thinking it would be badass if they said none, but I would have bet $20 against walking 50 miles back home that the writers were so bad that of course they would say one. 

None would have been great.

I watches LOTR:TT last night and Elrond said that Frodo dies because he has seen it. Then Frodo goes YOLO and lives.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

So 200 glorified bloggers is a better judge than 100,000+ GA? Good to know

Yeah. IMDB is NOTORIOUS for having fanboys mindlessly vote movies 10 and then having other fanboys mindlessly vote that film 1 so it doesn’t overtake their favorite movies. It’s bs. 

For many years The Godfather was the top rated film there. Then TDK came out and overtook it because of the hype. Then a bunch of fans of Godfather and older movies spammed 1 scores to TDK. In retaliation TDK fanboys spammed 1 scores at The Godfather. In the end Shawshank Redemption became their top movie. That’s the mentality you are dealing with. It’s notorious for being a cesspool.

At least RT is real critics putting thoughts behind their opinions and giving a real rating as opposed to the **** measuring contest that IMDB is. It’s just an aggregator so you can see a real consensus of opinions. Far better indicator on the general opinion of a film.