***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

That's irrelevant. The last time they had a chance to win was before Thanos got the space stone from loki, that's the last time they had a chance to win.

Lol what? It's relevant because when something is on screen it's asking you to be invested in it.

Errmm no, the Asgardians never had a chance to win that fight. 

The heroes on Titan got a lot closer against Thanos and his four Infinity stones.

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Ok so all of Peter's friends in high school will be graduating college by the time he comes back. MJ is engaged to someone else and is on her way to law school.

Every single Netflix show now has to devote their entire next season to dealing with the snap as half the characters moved on and half are coming back from death.

The Netflix shows will probably take place before Thanos snaps his fingers. Which is fine. Those shows almost operate outside the movies anyway. Marvel TV and Marvel movies have been on a disconnect for a while now.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Lol what? It's relevant because when something is on screen it's asking you to be invested in it.

Errmm no, the Asgardians never had a chance to win that fight. 

The heroes on Titan got a lot closer against Thanos and his four Infinity stones.

How do you know they never had a chance? We were never shown it. Thanos and his forces were at their weakest there. By the next time Thanos is attacked by anybody he has the space and reality stones, conceivably making him unbeatable by anything the avengers could throw at him.

Thanos almost losing his gauntlet was stretching it thin as was, he could have easily won that fight with just the reality stone alone, them almost winning was just bad writing tbh, it was completely out of character for Thanos to not just instantly win that fight or at least make it unloseable. Even if he was taken off guard by mantis, why wouldn't he have used the reality stone on the other guys first?

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

The Netflix shows will probably take place before Thanos snaps his fingers. Which is fine. Those shows almost operate outside the movies anyway. Marvel TV and Marvel movies have been on a disconnect for a while now.

Yeah I agree, 2018s seasons will take place before IW and 2019s seasons will take place after IW2 and it will have been made completely irrelevant. A shame given that those shows are all getting worse and this could be the spark they need to freshen up. Kill off iron fist and cancel the series lol.

36 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I’m happy they killed off (or made go away for a little bit) all the characters that they did. That means there won’t be as much jumping around and they can focus on fewer storylines and the characters we won’t see in the future anymore. I’m glad we’re getting 1 final film with Cap and Tony. I’m looking forward to how their relationship rekindles after CW and now IW with the fate of their friends and half the universe on the line. Most thought that IW would be the passing of the torch from the original heroes to the newer ones. Nice twist that the next Avengers will be when that takes place instead.

They will be stronger and more formidable in the next film given that they won’t be spread as thin. They will instead have Iron Man and Hulk along with Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel and the remaining heroes in Wakanda (Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, War Machine, Rocket, Okoye, and Nebula) all together.

This is the spoiler-free moment that had everyone rocked.   We've all been hearing that Stark's done, and it's believable.   Don't know about Steve Rogers, but we can see that.  I mean everyone saw deaths for these guys coming.   I know I didn't see BP or Spidey coming  - that rocked my world.   

And Spidey being Stark's protége, and then being terrified at dying, and dying in Stark's arms, as the last hero & friend left (Nebula do not count in Stark's eyes, lol)?   OMG that was amazing storytelling and payoff of continuity.     As was Rocket's "oh no" to see Groot die...again.   

I get it, we know they are coming back.    It didn't take away the impact at all - because none of us saw it coming.   It's also why it's a freaking MUST that ppl watch this spoiler-free.   Watching it the 2nd time, I wasn't gut-punched at the shock value - what gut-punched me was how well those moments were done, with Holland's performance, and the tragedy in Cap losing Bucky & Raccoon losing Groot...again. 

I still am floored at this movie, even seeing the flaws there (Banner's angle didn't bug me, just didn't need to bang me over the head with it - they didn't with other angles, no need to do it here.  I loved that Nat/Banner reunion scene, though - I am fully expecting we see that fleshed out more in A4).   I can't imagine how A4 can be better - except with the knowledge that we know many of the heroes gone now are coming back, and in return, the balance principle that runs all throughout the movie likely continues, with others heroes exiting in a karmic exchange.   We also know some of those deaths won't be reversed - I'd put hard $ Loki & Heimdall are toast.    Gamora is a good shot to come back as the Soul Stone is recovered.   We know Spidey and BP and likely Bucky will be back.   I'm not so sure that the others will (all get resurrected, but some may then die again, I'd count on it not being 100 percent all back), and I'm definitely sure the price will be the cost of some of the survivor's lives.   

One thing I do know - they did such a great job of faking us out in A3, I don't doubt they have an ending we won't quite see coming for A4 (keeping in mind some stuff is likely to be kept from the comic universe).   The notion though that A4 will outshine A3, man, that is just something that doesn't compute in my eyes right now.

Edited by Broncofan

51 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Aging people 5 years is nothing...

There's definitely going to be a time gap between the 2 movies.  It's all but confirmed.

They aren’t going through the trouble of getting and casting Spider-Man in high school and then immediately changing all of that in two films. 

Anyways it’s not happening. In the comic it’s based on it all happened in like a day. I doubt they have it go on for an extended period of time film wise. 

I agree @Broncofan - the fact that Cap and Tony survived when everyone else thought at LEAST one would die, and having Spidey (btw Tom Holland is easily the best Parker we've had so far), Scarlet, and Black Panther vanish was truly shocking. Avoiding spoilers made that sooooo much better.

Is there any REAL reason, like real life, not what the movie said, why Hawkeye wasn't in this? Ant Man I get.

22 minutes ago, lancerman said:

They aren’t going through the trouble of getting and casting Spider-Man in high school and then immediately changing all of that in two films. 

Anyways it’s not happening. In the comic it’s based on it all happened in like a day. I doubt they have it go on for an extended period of time film wise. 

The beginning of the movie and the end of the movie are 2 different things.  The beginning of the movie will have a time jump, but that doesn't mean the end of the movie will still be in the future.

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree @Broncofan - the fact that Cap and Tony survived when everyone else thought at LEAST one would die, and having Spidey (btw Tom Holland is easily the best Parker we've had so far), Scarlet, and Black Panther vanish was truly shocking. Avoiding spoilers made that sooooo much better.

Is there any REAL reason, like real life, not what the movie said, why Hawkeye wasn't in this? Ant Man I get.

Both on house arrest, and I suspect we'll find it's a fakeout for something else in A4.   Russo bros. said as much in the lead-up interviews, can't get the link, but if I do, I'll post.

BTW, two side comments:

1.  "All that for one speck of blood" - with Stark surviving, you wonder if that one speck of blood they drew from Thanos in the battle becomes crucial to how they defeat him in A4 (remember, it would still be on Stark's suit too).  That could also be why sparing Stark was so crucial.   That's all speculation, but on re-watch the 2nd time, knowing how much they made every line pay off later, I am suspicious this was more than just "showing how badass Thanos really is".  We'll see.

2.  Footloose -  Parker being on the Nay side and Quill on the Yay side - funny, but seemed like a throwaway.   It seemed weird that Parker would even know about at his age.  But, then I remember there an AWFUL remake.  Would be funny if that came back up again sometime in the future.

Edited by Broncofan

You could combine Footloose with Aliens joke (movies 2 years apart) so I was cool with it. The Aliens quip really made me lol.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Both on house arrest, and I suspect we'll find it's a fakeout for something else in A4.   Russo bros. said as much in the lead-up interviews, can't get the link, but if I do, I'll post.

Sorry, to clarify, I know what they said in the movie, but like was there something with Jeremy Renner or Russos hate Hawkeye or? 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

You could combine Footloose with Aliens joke (movies 2 years apart) so I was cool with it. The Aliens quip really made me lol.

Sorry, to clarify, I know what they said in the movie, but like was there something with Jeremy Renner or Russos hate Hawkeye or? 

Aliens is an all-time classic for its genre, esp. science nerds (I loved sports, played them, but yes, I was a science nerd in school).    I don't know that Footloose belongs in that cat of must-see movies for a teenage boy 20 years later lol.

Re: Hawkeye, got the story, read here:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/12/17229844/avengers-infinity-war-hawkeye-russo-brothers-jeremy-renner

Basically, he's coming in A4. Specific reasons, apparently.  Just have to wait & find out next year.

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

Maybe we should temper the “overwhelming majority talk”. 

It currently has a lower RT score than Iron Man, Avengers, Winter Soldier,  Black Panther, Thor Ragnorak, Spider-Man Homecoming, Civil War, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s not some end all be all. 

I generally liked it but you could tell it was really bloated in parts and shoved way too much in there without all of it having a satisfying payoff for all of it. And I’ve seen plenty of people say the deaths at the end all felt fake (because it generally is, anyone whose seen a reality bending story knows that). 

From critics. It has the highest audience score on RT and IMDB score currently of anything MCU. Granted, it's early, but a 93% and 9.0 make it safe to say the overwhelming majority liked it.

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

From critics. It has the highest audience score on RT and IMDB score currently of anything MCU. Granted, it's early, but a 93% and 9.0 make it safe to say the overwhelming majority liked it.

Given how the critics score and the public’s are diverging on more and more films, their reliability is taking a huge hit.  From an already shaky baseline.  

Edited by Broncofan

54 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Given how the critics score and the public’s are diverging on more and more films, their reliability is taking a huge hit.  From an already shaky baseline.  

That's what happens when you push a dishonest agenda. You lose trust.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yep, wondering if Disney spent so much on bribery for the TLJ that they didn't have enough left over to help beef up Infinity Wars.

Movie journalists. The Hollywood version of D.C. Lobbyists.