***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Ye but why wouldnt they be called when the original disaster happen when Loki invaded the Earth?

I have so many theories of how they are going to handle the last movie. Especially the twists. Like for example what if Fury had paged her but as it turns out she was one of the people to be erased? That's where time traveling comes in cause they are screwed without her? And wouldnt that be anti-climatic and funny to begin the next movie with her hearing the signal then getting erased, and her popping up right next to Fury in the Soul Stone and him going. "Well sh!t."

Fury always had faith that The Avengers were all that the earth needed to protect it. It’s why he disobeyed direct orders to put them into place. And if Fury knows about SWORD, he knows they are protecting from extraterrestrial threats, and you can’t just pull them out for every threat. He assembled The Avengers JUST for Loki, by the time the Chutari came The Avengers had already assembled. Actually they had made the decision before the sky beam even opened the wormhole. 

As far as the snap goes, we have no idea who that affected. But the idea that Fury was calling SWORD as a whole makes more sense because he would be contacting the entire organization, so someone would respond, instead of the coin flip that Marvel was still around. And it was clearly something VERY specific about this instance (people disappearing) that caused Fury to make that call. Like you said, why didn’t he call them at any other point? This specific event triggered something

15 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Fury always had faith that The Avengers were all that the earth needed to protect it. It’s why he disobeyed direct orders to put them into place. And if Fury knows about SWORD, he knows they are protecting from extraterrestrial threats, and you can’t just pull them out for every threat. He assembled The Avengers JUST for Loki, by the time the Chutari came The Avengers had already assembled. Actually they had made the decision before the sky beam even opened the wormhole. 

As far as the snap goes, we have no idea who that affected. But the idea that Fury was calling SWORD as a whole makes more sense because he would be contacting the entire organization, so someone would respond, instead of the coin flip that Marvel was still around. And it was clearly something VERY specific about this instance (people disappearing) that caused Fury to make that call. Like you said, why didn’t he call them at any other point? This specific event triggered something

If half the universe is missing. Why would Sword need Fury to tell them that or signal for their help. They protect other worlds as well not just Earth as far I know (and TBH) that's not much in regards to them. But considering they are roaming around themselves. They are bound to notice it if they are not already turned to ash themselves. And Marvel if she has noticed such a drastic change would immediately return to Earth without notice to see if it's ok. I'm hoping that scene has more to it then just cinematic effect. 

29 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If half the universe is missing. Why would Sword need Fury to tell them that or signal for their help. They protect other worlds as well not just Earth as far I know (and TBH) that's not much in regards to them. But considering they are roaming around themselves. They are bound to notice it if they are not already turned to ash themselves. And Marvel if she has noticed such a drastic change would immediately return to Earth without notice to see if it's ok. I'm hoping that scene has more to it then just cinematic effect. 

To be fair if half the universe disappeared it may not be obvious where the nexus of the problem came from.  Everywhere will be in chaos.  Hard to solve a problem if you don’t know the origin.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair if half the universe disappeared it may not be obvious where the nexus of the problem came from.  Everywhere will be in chaos.  Hard to solve a problem if you don’t know the origin.  

Then I'm curious how Fury would know the problem then because other then a few people in the movie. Thanos didnt campaign his master plan to everyone. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Maybe Fury was merely calling them because he was freaked out by what was going on, and wanted to make sure they had a heads-up before he died/thought he was dying? 

47 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Then I'm curious how Fury would know the problem then because other then a few people in the movie. Thanos didnt campaign his master plan to everyone. 

Remember that Banner's contacting Rogers activated the Rogue Avengers - hence why they tracked Maximoff/Vision in that battle.   It's not hard to think that Fury wouldn't have been kept in the loop on the Thanos threat - and remember, Banner & Strange already got Stark in the loop in this scene - so there's no reason to believe that this info would have been kept quiet - it would have been distributed to both Avengers, world leaders, and the Rogue Avengers (with Rogers subsequently contacted).   

Fury wouldn't have know to anything more than seeing people disappear to realize that Thanos had the 6 stones with people disappearing.   And the arrival of Thanos' ships in Wakanda would be known across Earth.   So not hard for a guy like Fury to realize Thanos had all 6 stones.  And was battling on Earth - which would be time to call in his last card. 

Remember Banner & Strange & Stark dialogue (this info would be known by all heroes afterwards, more than enough time to brief all the key players from this scene to the Wakanda battle and then the Thanos finger-snap):

Banner:   Thanos already has two stones, which makes him the most powerful being in the Universe.  If he gets all six stones....

Strange: He could destroy life on a scale hitherto, unknown.

Edited by Broncofan

Starlord was written inthis movie exactly as the MCU has developed him. He’s self-centered and rash. Sure he’s a hero, but he was kidnapped as a small child and raised by oulaws and brigands. It’s not like he’s ever been really emotionally developed. He has grown over the course of two movies, but he’s still very much impetuous and ego-driven (*snicker*). So I thought everything he did in movie was pretty fitting, to be honest.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Probably already been discussed but when Dr Strange says that 'this was the only way' did he imply that the one outcome where they win was with Thanos getting all the stones?

Yep. This had to happen in this way, otherwise there was no chance of winning long-term.

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Fury wouldn't have know anything more than seeing people disappear to realize that Thanos had the 6 stones with people disappearing.   And the arrival of Thanos' ships in Wakanda would be known across Earth.   So not hard for a guy like Fury to realize Thanos had all 6 stones.  And was battling on Earth - which would be time to call in his last card. 

The first part of that scene was Hill and Fury talking about the ships entering the atmosphere (larger scale than New York I think she said). So it’s clear they were at least somewhat in the loop, so to speak.

8 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

The first part of that scene was Hill and Fury talking about the ships entering the atmosphere (larger scale than New York I think she said). So it’s clear they were at least somewhat in the loop, so to speak.

Yeah, good call there.  And they'd have known about the Thanos risk in general beforehand.  So not hard to put 2 and 2 together even that quickly, for a guy like Fury.

On 5/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Broncofan said:

Hela’s throwaway line addressing the time gap between the Ultron post credits teaser (let’s face it that was its main function) is another prime example

I'm trying to remember the line you're talking about, but I can't remember it. Can you paraphrase it?

• Like 1