***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

Put this in Ant Man/Wasp:

As far as post credit, I'm thinking we'll see Valkarye running for Nova with the surviving Asguardians (they don't know that Thanos already destroyed it) and finding Rhomann Dey (John C. Reiley) near death and clutching onto an ancient Kree artifact - the Quantum Bands used by Mar-vell. He keeps repeating "...we have to find him...we have to find him..."

Also - I think we'll see The Soverign in total chaos, as people are dusting up. Aiyesha runs to the pod and immediately opens it up, despite the pod not being ready. As she turns to dust, the pod opens and a body falls out, slowly turning to dust. As all looks lost, the body starts to emit energy, and BAM - the body pulls itself together, along with Aiyesha. Through sheer will, it reverses its own dusting. Aiyesha falls to the floor, saying "My God..."

The body looks at her and says: "No...my name is Adam."

27 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Put this in Ant Man/Wasp:

As far as post credit, I'm thinking we'll see Valkarye running for Nova with the surviving Asguardians (they don't know that Thanos already destroyed it) and finding Rhomann Dey (John C. Reiley) near death and clutching onto an ancient Kree artifact - the Quantum Bands used by Mar-vell. He keeps repeating "...we have to find him...we have to find him..."

Also - I think we'll see The Soverign in total chaos, as people are dusting up. Aiyesha runs to the pod and immediately opens it up, despite the pod not being ready. As she turns to dust, the pod opens and a body falls out, slowly turning to dust. As all looks lost, the body starts to emit energy, and BAM - the body pulls itself together, along with Aiyesha. Through sheer will, it reverses its own dusting. Aiyesha falls to the floor, saying "My God..."

The body looks at her and says: "No...my name is Adam."

Yeah, hard to talk there, good call, the more detail we get in there, the harder it is to not spoil.

Anyways, re: Ant-Man & The Wasp, we'll find out soon enough, but I don't see any way how they can't end the movie at pretty much the same time as the Thanos finger snap occurs.   If they don't, they are pretty much saying the story with Ant-Man/Wasp isn't really that important to the MCU - and we know he's been keenly aware of everything that's happened up until Infinity Wars.  For the same reasons Fury & Hill would know what's going on, at the very least, Ant-Man will know that another invasion has started.  Being under house arrest, he may not be in touch with the Rogue Avengers, though, so we could get a scene at the end where all we see is Scott losing his friends/family. 

Re: post-credits trailer, at some point, we know the writers will want to provide more continuity to Valkyrie and probably give a nod to Nova Prime.  The fact that the writers already confirmed Valkyrie survived means they've already written and likely shot scenes to cement this, otherwise they wouldn't commit with an answer like that.   They didn't show their deaths in the movie, and we know by default Thanos goes with sparing half the population, and only changes that default if the population is a threat to completing the plan (e.g. Dwarves, maybe he viewed Earth that way, given how many Avengers are Earth-based).  So it's very plausible that Valkyrie & half the Asgardians are still alive.   Still, it's nice to tie-in, so an Ant-Man 2 post-credits scene would be ideal timing.  Let's face it, it would be a shocker to get no reference between now and A4, so that leaves Ant-Man 2 or Captain Marvel.

Re: Adam Warlock, I know he's central to the Infinity Wars comic canon, you wonder if he will enter here in A4, or if he will instead be one of the beings who ends up back with the Soul Stone if they are dispersed (destroying all of them would seem wisest, but may not be possible and certainly not the Time and/or Soul Stones if they want to bring back heroes who were faded).   So many possibilities.  

Edited by Broncofan

16 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Yep. This had to happen in this way, otherwise there was no chance of winning long-term.

This is what I thought while seeing the movie, however if this occurs it would also be incredibly lazy and create a plot hole... (which since IW was littered with similar inconsistencies it wouldn’t surprise me).

For Doctor Strange to be able to deviate a potential future outcome where the heroes win against Thanos WITHOUT the time stone, he would need to give up the time stone to do it. If he gives up the time stone, his ability over time is no longer in his control. Thus he can no longer make it back to our version of the past to influence the most optimal outcome.

The only logical scenario he could conclude from his many future attempts at fighting Thanos would be that we have never beat Thanos WITH the time stone or, like he says, we have only beat him once. Yet in that recorded scenario it would not be of logical sense for him to have given up the stone, else his link to our timeline should be removed.

The only way for the link to be reestablished would be for the good guys to prevail in this alternate future after Strange himself “dies” by the big finger snap. Thanos is defeated by the other heroes (while having all 6 stones no less) and Strange is revived and resupplied with the Timestone. 

Which then begs the question, why would he go ALL the way back in time to his simulations when victory has been reached and Thanos stopped? There would be no point and would simply make all the events a certain kind of plot misdirection at best and filler at worse. And in both scenarios makes Strange look omniscient, when really he is simply traveling back in time for kicks and giving a few subtle hints of his omniscience so that he sounds cooler to his friends. Strange is now back to being a lonely egocentric masochist, like in the beginning of his origin story.

After Infinity War where do you think that they go? What storyline might they build to?

Two that I'd love to see them do:

House of M - Vision doesn't come back for some reason, that breaks Scarlet Witch (or Vision does come back and something else happens). She says no more heroes and we have the same thing happen was in House of M. Would be a powerful/interesting storyline to do, but I don't know that it would be a ton of build to it. Feels like a story that they could do with an X-Men reboot somehow.

Secret Invasion - This is the one that I really hope that they do. Get a few of the main characters to disappear for a little bit, come back in Skrull form. Hint at something being off, and it's also a way to retire a few characters at the end of it as well. So kind of like the Infinity War, you could actually kill off characters in a solid comic book way and have them stay dead.

37 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

This is what I thought while seeing the movie, however if this occurs it would also be incredibly lazy and create a plot hole... (which since IW was littered with similar inconsistencies it wouldn’t surprise me).

For Doctor Strange to be able to deviate a potential future outcome where the heroes win against Thanos WITHOUT the time stone, he would need to give up the time stone to do it. If he gives up the time stone, his ability over time is no longer in his control. Thus he can no longer make it back to our version of the past to influence the most optimal outcome.

The only logical scenario he could conclude from his many future attempts at fighting Thanos would be that we have never beat Thanos WITH the time stone or, like he says, we have only beat him once. Yet in that recorded scenario it would not be of logical sense for him to have given up the stone, else his link to our timeline should be removed.

You're confusing the Time Stone's ability to show him the future and what happens with different outcomes with Strange having to be actually present in that verse.   You're assuming he is actively acting all those 14 million scenarios out in each timeline in that timeline's body.  I took the CGI blurring to show him actively observing each path, but still remaining within our dimension.   That would allow him to see the Time Stone given up, and the outcome.   It's like seeing his own death in other timelines, being able to see the final outcome after his death, yet still being able to return.   

In those 14 million outcomes, Strange's analysis doesn't end with his death in each timeline - it ends with whether the Avengers defeat Thanos.    Showing them losing each time certainly would have had Strange dying before the outcome was known in a fair # of them.   The same would apply with Strange giving up the Time Stone.  The ability to observe from the outside (but not interact with) each timeline is also what likely preserves that timeline's purity (no butterfly effect, again not just for that single one, but all the others).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I mean, he's a bit evil.

How? He is someone lost in his own madness about the order of things in the universe. Evil is the most unique form of selfishness and it's most extreme form.  Because it deals with total self entitlement regardless of the cost. Where pleasing yourself is the main goal. And being insane would negate the label as being evil. He is more a zealot then anything. And such people believe they are called to a purpose which is Basically servitude. 

I would throw Thanos into the Lawful Neutral category. Most specifically because he sacrificed Gammora. Which takes him out of the evil category. I can debate this more when I'm not on my phone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Evil?  Yes.  His acts certainly are as ET80 mentioned.   But he’s someone where we see his pain and anguish are real to him.   And his choices borne out of absolute conviction.   Yet with the recognition there is a terrible personal price to pay.  Evil and still sympathetic (at least partly sympathetic)?     Absolutely.  

Thanos just comes off as so layered and nuanced.  As opposed to the one-note shallow portrayals we often get in comic & action / SF movies even when given great source material TJ work with (Apocalypse anyone?  So disappointing).  It doesn’t make him the best Black Hat of all time (Ledger’s Joker going to be hard to beat) nor even in the MCU (Loki although he got multiple movies to develop & Killmonger get my call).  But he certainly belongs in that tier of all time Black Hat greats.  

Evil cannot be sympathetic. Because it is self absorbed. All sympathy is more so because of the sense of entitlement. 

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Evil cannot be sympathetic. Because it is self absorbed. All sympathy is more so because of the sense of entitlement. 

The line between absolute conviction and self-absorption/entitlement is a blurry one.   We definitely see that Thanos' conviction is absolute.   Because it justifies a truly evil act, the most evil act in the universe, it's hard to absolve him completely as just conviction - you have to throw in some entitlement or self-absorption ("I'm the ONLY one that sees it" type-statements).   Thus the "little bit evil" comment made hits home for me. 

I hear what you are saying - but that statement is dealing in absolutes.  When it comes to characters, nuance and layering leads to shades of gray.   I see that with Thanos.   He's someone who people actually can understand motivation-wise.   Even if they oppose him 100 percent.    

It's the same argument with how basically evil acts can be committed by otherwise good people given the right situation.   I don't think Thanos is a good person....nor do I think he's completely evil, either.   It's a big part of what makes him great in this movie. 

Good and evil are constructs that really belong on a continuum; it's rare to be pure good or pure evil....Jimmy Haslem notwithstanding.  You got me there.  That's pure, unadulterated evil. 

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

After Infinity War where do you think that they go? What storyline might they build to?

If there's an element of time travel in IW2, I see that as a natural bridge to a Kang the Conquer arc. The minds behind the MCU like to take characters who aren't that popular and put em at the forefront, and Kang hits that. 

I'd also like to think they're already working on integrating the XMen and Fantastic Four into the universe - so we could see a Dr. Doom story arc, an AvX story arc, a true "Civil War" with the Mutant Registration Act as an addendum to the Sokovia Accords...maybe even another extinction level bad guy such as Galactus with his ward/future franchise pillar, the Silver Surfer.

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

so we could see a Dr. Doom story arc, an AvX story arc, a true "Civil War" with the Mutant Registration Act as an addendum to the Sokovia Accords

Yeah, if I would be very interested in seeing them bring in Doctor Doom. I'm not sure that we need another mutant registration, though it would make sense for them to do. I feel like it's too close to what they've done before, though, I wouldn't mind seeing a real Civil War arc.

Just read some new interviews with the Russos. They said the closest guess to the A4 title is: Avengers - Forever

They also said A4 won't be tied to any comic storyline but they did say it would be interesting to go back and look at the past films in a different lens..Sounds like time travel?

• Like 1

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Just read some new interviews with the Russos. They said the closest guess to the A4 title is: Avengers - Forever

They also said A4 won't be tied to any comic storyline but they did say it would be interesting to go back and look at the past films in a different lens..Sounds like time travel?

That would be pretty epic to see all the major MCU movies get small details changed. 

8 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If there's an element of time travel in IW2, I see that as a natural bridge to a Kang the Conquer arc. The minds behind the MCU like to take characters who aren't that popular and put em at the forefront, and Kang hits that. 

I'd also like to think they're already working on integrating the XMen and Fantastic Four into the universe - so we could see a Dr. Doom story arc, an AvX story arc, a true "Civil War" with the Mutant Registration Act as an addendum to the Sokovia Accords...maybe even another extinction level bad guy such as Galactus with his ward/future franchise pillar, the Silver Surfer.

4 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, if I would be very interested in seeing them bring in Doctor Doom. I'm not sure that we need another mutant registration, though it would make sense for them to do. I feel like it's too close to what they've done before, though, I wouldn't mind seeing a real Civil War arc.

Whatever Marvel has planned for post-Avengers, I have a feeling that they're going to save Doom for the next opus ensemble piece.   If you are going to play the Thanos card in A3/A4, I think they'd save Doom for something huge in the next phase. 

The FF series on reel has been a real travesty.  Not just the 4 but Silver Surfer & Doom. I get Doom was also an origin story there, so he wasn't going to be omnipotent or even close from the start, but from everything I've just read catching up as an adult really has undersold just how powerful a Black Hat he is in the Comic 'verse (as my teenage daughter wanted to read everything Civil Wars / Infinity Wars, I only caught up then).   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Whatever Marvel has planned for post-Avengers, I have a feeling that they're going to save Doom for the next opus ensemble piece.   If you are going to play the Thanos card in A3/A4, I think they'd save Doom for something huge in the next phase. 

The FF series on reel has been a real travesty.  Not just the 4 but Silver Surfer & Doom. I get Doom was also an origin story there, so he wasn't going to be omnipotent or even close from the start, but from everything I've just read catching up as an adult really has undersold just how powerful a Black Hat he is in the Comic 'verse (as my teenage daughter wanted to read everything Civil Wars / Infinity Wars, I only caught up then).   

Yeah it really does sucks how bad the F4 and the characters surrounding their arch has been butchered over, and over, and over again. My old man's favorite hero is The Thing, I wish they would finally get it right just for him lol.

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That's why I'd put money on Kang as the next multiple arc bad guy. I also don't think it will be a slow build to the next guy (definitely not 10 years). I'd expect a 3-5 year window for the next bad guy.

• Like 1