Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

10 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I said the same thing when Favre was on his way out of GB. Hopefully they don't find another good QB for a long time, give them a taste of what MN has dealt with.

I thought the same exact thing reading TENINCH's post.  The football gods need to return GB to the Lynn Dickey/Majik Man days.  The only thing that I would truly relish about the fact is that, if it holds as it is, that for having 2 consecutive HOF QBs, they only have 2 SB rings to show for it.  That's the true definition of underachievement.  

a GB fan with some medical knowledge chimes in on his prognosis for Rodgers' recovery time:

"Full time lurker here and RN who's broken my collar bone. Don't get your hopes up for this season. The bone can be healed up fairly quickly but your strength and range of motion are shot for 8 weeks or more. At the 8 week mark you can potentially start opening doors and drinking a beer with that arm, the first 4 weeks it hurts when you sneeze. Doing anything that requires strength or coordination is closer to 10 to 12 weeks, that's just doing something poorly not excelling. Immobility is horrible on muscles and joints, it's why medical laboratories will pay people 10's of thousands of dollars to lay in bed for months on end for studies, it wrecks you."

On my way to this forum, I see the NFC North board, and the GB listing almost always has 'Rodgers broken collarbone' as the most recent topic.

I think too many people are discounting too soon how well Hundley will do, as the GB offense is still talented and potentially potent, with the exception of injuries on their OL.

There was discussion somewhere on how other teams sought to acquire Hundley in the off-season.  That is overlooked by GB and other NFL fans who only see Rodgers as capable of winning a title.  The main reason is Rodger's consistent success over time.  Another overlooked reason is the media hype around Rodgers.  Knowledgeable fans still have blinders due to the media bias and hype.

But, when you think about it, some folks' behavior isn't perplexing after all.

The injury to Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgershas dramatically affected how much Green Bay fans are willing to spend to see this week’s game. Ticket King in Green Bay told WBAY that ticket prices for Sunday’s home game against the Saints have declined by at least 50%.

“A lot of people they’re just saying they can’t make it to the game now, I am sure there’s some people that don’t want to go to the game because of what happened,” said Travis Loftus, Manager at Ticket King in Green Bay.

The Packers would be favored if Rodgers were playing, but they’re five-point underdogs with Brett Hundley starting. Some Packers fans figure their team is going to lose, and they don’t want to pay to see it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/19/resale-prices-for-packers-tickets-decline-50-percent-after-aaron-rodgers-injury/

2 hours ago, Purplexing said:

I think too many people are discounting too soon how well Hundley will do, as the GB offense is still talented and potentially potent, with the exception of injuries on their OL.

I may be discounting it, but I don't believe their offense is all that talented without Rodgers.  Jordy is Jordy no matter who the QB is, but none of the other WRs scare me...Cobb included.  And I still believe the free agent losses (Tretter and Lang) that they suffered this past offseason affect their offense more than anything, because the replacements just aren't as good and the injuries just make it worse.  Their RB situation is just a mess, despite the success that Aaron Jones has had...and Martellus Bennett, while certainly talented, is still Martellus Bennett...a maddeningly inconsistent, underachieving TE.  Without Aaron Rodgers to keep defenses honest in the passing game, I'd be surprised to see them win more than 3 games the rest of the year.   

4 hours ago, Purplexing said:

On my way to this forum, I see the NFC North board, and the GB listing almost always has 'Rodgers broken collarbone' as the most recent topic.

That's my viewpoint as well. The Packers play us tough nine times out of ten no matter what kind of shape they're in, and by the time we see them again Hundley will have had weeks to get acclimated to his role, his receivers, and the system. He appeared rather frazzled and not psychologically ready, and we pressured him into several big mistakes, but he did make some good throws in that game. Once he gets used to being a starter it might be a different story. I'm not taking any game for granted, especially at Lambeau.

Honestly, with our luck, it wouldn't surprise me if Hundley turned out to be another Favre or Rodgers.

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

Honestly, with our luck, it wouldn't surprise me if Hundley turned out to be another Favre or Rodgers.

Based on what I saw on Sunday, it's far more likely that he's another Matt Flynn or Scott Tolzien than another Favre or Rodgers.  While he may certainly prove me wrong, he just doesn't appear to have the mental strength to be a Favre/Rodgers.  

24 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Based on what I saw on Sunday, it's far more likely that he's another Matt Flynn or Scott Tolzien than another Favre or Rodgers.  While he may certainly prove me wrong, he just doesn't appear to have the mental strength to be a Favre/Rodgers.  

Agreed. And while you maybe shouldn’t  overlook Huntley, he’s not the only backup that Green Bay is playing. The amount of injuries that the Packers are dealing with right now is astounding. They have a first time starting QB who’s going to be standing behind basically a 3rd string offensive line, with a rookie running back behind him. Plus that defense is equally as banged up, and they weren’t all that good when they were healthy. 

Edited by SemperFeist

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers sent out a message from his hospital bed on Thursday night. Rodgers had surgery Thursday to repair a fractured right clavicle sustained last Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings. In a post on his instagram page, Rodgers said the surgery went well.

“Surgery went well. Thanks for all the love, support, thoughts and prayers. #comebackstartsnow #riseagain

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/20/aaron-rodgers-says-surgery-went-well-in-instagram-post/

21 hours ago, disaacs said:

2nd year player, with little to no experience, coming off the bench to play a top 5 defense.  I think it's way to early to imagine what kind of QB Hundley will be...BTW, how does someone judge/measure "mental strength?"

Edited by Guest

He's actually in his 3rd year now...but for me, judging his "mental strength" is just sort of a visual thing...watching how he handles himself, handles the huddle, reads the coverages pre-snap, and how he reacts after he gets hit.  To me, he didn't look overwhelmed by the moment, but he didn't look all that engaged either.  He didn't look he was able to adjust after getting hit a few times and he didn't really look any better at the end of the game as he did when he first came in.  I normally would expect to see some sort of progress after he settled in...I didn't see any.