Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

2 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Well, with a healthy Rodgers the Packers don't really need a top 3, 5 or maybe even 10 defense. While it would be nice for them, fielding a top 15 defense with a healthy Rodgers would probably have a pretty significant impact.

Have to have the ability on the defense to do that tho.

Coaching isn't going to make them a top 15 defense right now with the scheme Pettine runs without finding some sort of talent in FA and the Draft.

I believe they were 25th in DVoA this year.

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Have to have the ability on the defense to do that tho.

Coaching isn't going to make them a top 15 defense right now with the scheme Pettine runs without finding some sort of talent in FA and the Draft.

I believe they were 25th in DVoA this year.

Didn't imply otherwise. I was just making a statement that pairing a solid defense with Rodgers would have a big impact and that the Packers don't need an elite defense.

Edited by ArthurPensky

8 hours ago, Morleericks said:

Any news on GB possibly having to release Rodgers? That would be a beautiful sight.

Basically fake news. If the NFL approved it, why would they turn around and say otherwise. Plus if it came down to having to release Rodgers, don't you think GB would just have kept him on the active roster instead?

• 3 weeks later...

During his interview with ESPN Radio this morning, Aaron Rodgers made it fairly obvious he wasn’t consulted — or happy — about the decision to let quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt go this offseason as part of a staff overhaul there.

Rodgers:  “My quarterback coach didn’t get retained. I thought that was an interesting change — really without consulting me. There’s a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach. And that was an interesting decision.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/01/aaron-rodgers-is-not-happy-about-losing-his-coach/

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers thinks he has many good years left in him, but he’s not sure if all those years will be in Green Bay. Rodgers told the Associated Press that he wants to play as long as Tom Brady, but that he’s not sure if it will all be for one team. Rodgers remembers replacing Brett Favre, who was traded to the Jets before finishing his career with the Vikings.

Rodgers:  “I think you have to be humble enough to realize if it could happen to Brett, it can happen to you."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/03/aaron-rodgers-on-leaving-green-bay-if-it-can-happen-to-favre-it-can-happen-to-me/

and there it is. He has spoken and given it Life.