Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I still like PFTs theory, that Green Bay doesn’t actually have to give in to Rodgers. They could play out his contract and then franchise him twice. It would save them quite a bit of money. 

It's true.

But what if is ... What if Rodgers hold out.... Who blinks

19 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

It's true.

But what if is ... What if Rodgers hold out.... Who blinks

Packers.

We saw that team without Rodgers and they're probably the 4th best in the division without him. Fans will go nuts, bad PR, etc.

Rodgers is set for life and doesn't need to play another down if he doesn't want to.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

8 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Packers.

We saw that team without Rodgers and they're probably the 4th best in the division without him. Fans will go nuts, bad PR, etc.

Rodgers is set for life and doesn't need to play another down if he doesn't want to.

Well, actually they were 3rd best without AR from what you "saw".

1 hour ago, ArthurPensky said:

Well, actually they were 3rd best without AR from what you "saw".

Well that was 2017, though.

Bears and Trubisky should be a team on the rise this year which pushes a Rodgers-less Green Bay down unless MN or DET collapse mightily. 

Without Rodgers, the division probably looks like: MN, DET, CHI, GB.

With Rodgers: MN, GB, DET, CHI with MN and GB neck & neck.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Chicago overtakes Detroit this year.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Well that was 2017, though.

Bears and Trubisky should be a team on the rise this year which pushes a Rodgers-less Green Bay down unless MN or DET collapse mightily. 

Without Rodgers, the division probably looks like: MN, DET, CHI, GB.

With Rodgers: MN, GB, DET, CHI with MN and GB neck & neck.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Chicago overtakes Detroit this year.

Indeed and GB was without a lot more than just Rodgers in 2017 and of course you never know how much new draft picks, developing players, and Free agents will impact. Hard to say right now as so much can happen. I don't think anyone can look at GB's roster objectively and say its not somewhat improved overall since 2017.

8 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Indeed and GB was without a lot more than just Rodgers in 2017 and of course you never know how much new draft picks, developing players, and Free agents will impact. Hard to say right now as so much can happen. I don't think anyone can look at GB's roster objectively and say its not somewhat improved overall since 2017.

Of course.

It's not hard to see all of the NFC North improved this year. But so much can happen between now and September. Injuries....players not panning out....etc.

Jaire Alexander:  “Never in my life did I think I’d be here in Wisconsin, so it’s an experience. It’s definitely different. Even the plane ride coming in, I’m like, ‘Man, there’s so many fields and stuff.’ I don’t know what to expect. But it’s been pretty cool.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/05/packers-break-their-terrell-buckley-rule-for-jaire-alexander/

real world traveler, this one. wait until he finds out they have an Applebee's... :D

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 12:46 PM, ArthurPensky said:

You can say it changed due to talent loss/gain and coaching changes, but nobody knows for sure if your team or anyone else's improved or regressed. 

All of our analysis is what it looks like on paper. 

This offseason on paper i think the Bears improve the most.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:40 PM, vike daddy said:

Jaire Alexander:  “Never in my life did I think I’d be here in Wisconsin, so it’s an experience. It’s definitely different. Even the plane ride coming in, I’m like, ‘Man, there’s so many fields and stuff.’ I don’t know what to expect. But it’s been pretty cool.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/05/packers-break-their-terrell-buckley-rule-for-jaire-alexander/

real world traveler, this one. wait until he finds out they have an Applebee's... :D

Oh, my....

Image result for Worse, Wisconsin

The three wide receivers Gutekunst selected aren’t going to have an impact because rookie wide receivers hardly ever do, especially those taken in the fourth round and beyond, which is exactly where J’Mon Moore (fourth), Marquez Valdes-Scantling (fifth) and Equanimeous St. Brown (sixth) were selected.

Last year, for example, the Los Angeles Rams’ Cooper Kupp led all rookie receivers with 62 receptions, which ranked tied for 37th in the NFL. The next highest was Pittsburgh’s JuJu Smith-Schuster, who ranked tied for 47th with 58 catches. Cooper was taken in the second round and Smith-Schuster in the third.

Gutekunst could have a big problem if his rookies don’t prove ready. His only sure things at wide receiver are Davante Adams, Randall Cobb and $30 million free agent Jimmy Graham, who for all intents and purposes is a receiver. An injury could leave McCarthy desperately thin at that position. Gutekunst can’t assume Geronimo Allison, Trevor Davis, Michael Clark or Yancey are going to fill important roles and so Gutekunst should be on the lookout for a veteran.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/silverstein/2018/05/12/packers-brian-gutekunst-upgrading-roster/602621002/

On 5/3/2018 at 8:01 PM, SemperFeist said:

I still like PFTs theory, that Green Bay doesn’t actually have to give in to Rodgers. They could play out his contract and then franchise him twice. It would save them quite a bit of money. 

And he could just retire and live of Danica and the money he made the rest of his life. 

Would be terribly shocking to see a player retire after suffering a couple injury’s entering a season where he turns 36 instead of signing the franchise tags.