Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

“Right now, I’m playing each and every game like it’s my last. I don’t think I’m going to be here next year,” Clinton-Dix said. “That’s how I look at it. I just [have to] be honest with myself. You’ve got to play it game-by-game. Whether we’re losing by 60 points, you’ve got to go out there and perform. This is my biggest interview of my career. So I’ve got to perform, regardless of what the record says.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/10/ha-ha-clinton-dix-thinks-hes-a-short-timer-in-green-bay/

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, SemperFeist said:

Reggie White retiring was a big loss, I’m sure. And they got rid of Holmgren after the 1998 season. 

And the Dennis Green era was at it's peak in Minnesota.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, Klomp said:

Considering I was only 5 in his last season in Philadelphia, I didn't remember much from that time.

On behalf of Vike Daddy and the other "Ancients".....you're a Whippersnapper!!!

3 hours ago, Klomp said:

I don't know man, 31 feels pretty old.....

You better enjoy the youth while it lasts. In just a few years you'll be regretting the things that you didn't do when you were 31 while you still could do those things. At 31 your vertical isn't far off its peak. By 40 you'll barely be able to elevate from the ground. My days of touching the rim are long gone. Now I can't touch the net without probably hurting myself while trying.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

You better enjoy the youth while it lasts. In just a few years you'll be regretting the things that you didn't do when you were 31 while you still could do those things. At 31 your vertical isn't far off its peak. By 40 you'll barely be able to elevate from the ground. My days of touching the rim are long gone. Now I can't touch the net without probably hurting myself while trying.

For some reason I always assumed you and I were around the same age (mid 20s)

Take it as a compliment!

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

For some reason I always assumed you and I were around the same age (mid 20s)

Take it as a compliment!

lol. Nope. I am quite a bit older than that. I am to the point of my life where I am cutting my work hours back. Slowly waning into the twilight rather than retiring cold turkey. It is nice working less than a full-time. You might not understand this yet as you are still excited about the prospect of passing your tests so you can start the daily grind. Fact is...

Pass that and then you only need to learn how to keep from going through your comfortable, prosperous, respectable adult life dead, unconscious, a slave to your head and to your natural default setting of being uniquely, completely, imperially alone day in and day out. That may sound like hyperbole, or abstract nonsense. Let’s get concrete. The plain fact is that you do not yet have any clue what “day in day out” really means. There happen to be whole, large parts of adult American life that nobody talks about. One such part involves boredom, routine and petty frustration. The parents and older folks here will know all too well what I’m talking about.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Lol it’s funny you bring up the vertical analogy. I often use it as well. I could dunk until 33, then just ‘lost’ it. Now, I seriously do not think I can touch the net. It sucks, but old age happens (except for VD, of course ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Lol it’s funny you bring up the vertical analogy. I often use it as well. I could dunk until 33, then just ‘lost’ it. Now, I seriously do not think I can touch the net. It sucks, but old age happens (except for VD, of course ;)

At 58 years old, I can still dunk!!  Oh...you're not talking about donuts being dunked into a cup of coffee???

Rodgers has dealt with a strained medial collateral ligament and a deep bone bruise since the season opener. He has played through it the past four weeks. Last week marked the first time Rodgers played with a smaller, lighter knee brace. Now, he might have to go back to the larger brace he wore for the three games immediately after the injury. He needed extra time for rest and rehab after taking a hit from Lions linebacker Christian Jones on the opening drive Sunday.

Rodgers: “Yeah, kind of a setback last week. Got to be in the rehab group again today, got a lot of good work in and just hoping I get back out there tomorrow and have a feel-good Friday and a practice [Sunday] and be good to go — hopefully back to where I was in Detroit. The goal would be to wear the same brace I wore last week, but I have a lot of faith in our training staff, and we’re going to use the brace we feel is most safe and allowing me to do exactly what I’m able to do on Monday.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/11/aaron-rodgers-may-need-bigger-knee-brace-after-setback/

@Krauser

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Rodgers has dealt with a strained medial collateral ligament and a deep bone bruise since the season opener. He has played through it the past four weeks. Last week marked the first time Rodgers played with a smaller, lighter knee brace. Now, he might have to go back to the larger brace he wore for the three games immediately after the injury. He needed extra time for rest and rehab after taking a hit from Lions linebacker Christian Jones on the opening drive Sunday.

Rodgers: “Yeah, kind of a setback last week. Got to be in the rehab group again today, got a lot of good work in and just hoping I get back out there tomorrow and have a feel-good Friday and a practice [Sunday] and be good to go — hopefully back to where I was in Detroit. The goal would be to wear the same brace I wore last week, but I have a lot of faith in our training staff, and we’re going to use the brace we feel is most safe and allowing me to do exactly what I’m able to do on Monday.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/11/aaron-rodgers-may-need-bigger-knee-brace-after-setback/

Hmm, not a good sign. 

Rodgers wasn’t moving well in the Lions game, and several of his throws were all arm. He hit some downfield targets but he also had a few uncharacteristically bad misses.

Packers OL has been pretty good as usual but the IOL is relatively their weakness, and their next 2 games are the Niners (Buckner) and Rams (Suh, Donald). 

Rob Demovsky✔@RobDemovsky

No sign of right tackle Bryan Bulaga with the offensive linemen at the start of practice. He wasn't on the injury report but has dealt with a back issue this season. He was the only player not at practice.

Matt Hietpas@MattyHip

#Packers OL Jason Spriggs was carted off the practice field after being attended to by the medical staff.