Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

Wins by 8 or more points, 2017-18:

• 12: Vikings, Saints
  • 11: Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens
  • 10: Jags, Eagles, Rams

Packers have 3 wins by 8+ points in that span.

Since 2017, the Packers are 3-9 in games decided by 8 points or more, 7-2-1 in games decided by 7 points or less. With Rodgers starting, their record is 3-4 in games decided by 8 points or more, 4-1-1 in games decided by 7 points or less.

The last 3 Packers wins by 8 points or more:

• 22-0 vs BUF (Allen), 30 Sept 2018
  • 35-14 vs CHI (Glennon), 28 Sept 2017
  • 17-9 vs SEA (Wilson), 10 Sept 2017

Packers haven’t won a road game by more than a TD since November 2016, when they beat the Eagles 27-13. That was their only road win by 8+ points in 2016; the last one prior to that was the wild card playoff win in Washington in the 2015 playoffs. 

Packers are 0-2 on the road this year, both losses by 8+ points at Detroit and Washington.

They have 6 road games left on their schedule:

• Rams
  • Patriots
  • Seahawks
  • Vikings
  • Bears
  • Jets

44 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Wins by 8 or more points, 2017-18:

• 12: Vikings, Saints
  • 11: Chiefs, Patriots, Ravens
  • 10: Jags, Eagles, Rams

Packers have 3 wins by 8+ points in that span.

Since 2017, the Packers are 3-9 in games decided by 8 points or more, 7-2-1 in games decided by 7 points or less. With Rodgers starting, their record is 3-4 in games decided by 8 points or more, 4-1-1 in games decided by 7 points or less.

The last 3 Packers wins by 8 points or more:

• 22-0 vs BUF (Allen), 30 Sept 2018
  • 35-14 vs CHI (Glennon), 28 Sept 2017
  • 17-9 vs SEA (Wilson), 10 Sept 2017

Packers haven’t won a road game by more than a TD since November 2016, when they beat the Eagles 27-13. That was their only road win by 8+ points in 2016; the last one prior to that was the wild card playoff win in Washington in the 2015 playoffs. 

Packers are 0-2 on the road this year, both losses by 8+ points at Detroit and Washington.

They have 6 road games left on their schedule:

• Rams
  • Patriots
  • Seahawks
  • Vikings
  • Bears
  • Jets

I see a possibility of 1-2 wins for the Packers on the road. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I see a possibility of 1-2 wins for the Packers on the road. 

There’s a possibility they win 1 or 2; there’s also a possibility they win them all. 

If they win 3, they have to run the table at home (Dolphins, Cards, Falcons, Lions) to finish 10-5-1. All 10 of their remaining games look more challenging at least on paper than the Niners with Beathard starting. 

They’re due for some regression in close games.

The only 2 losses in their 10 close games in 2017-18 were 31-28 at the Steelers (with Hundley starting) and 31-24 at the Panthers (Rodgers played hurt) — both road games facing playoff teams. Those were the only 2 close games they played on the road vs playoff teams during that stretch, and they lost them both.

Their last win on the road vs a winning (not just playoff) team was week 17 in 2016, when they beat the Lions 31-24 in Detroit to clinch the division. 

4 of their 6 remaining road games are at teams who currently have a winning record, and the other two are currently 3-3. The combined record of their 6 remaining road opponents is 22-12-1. 

Edited by Krauser

Like we've said for years now...

Aaron Rodgers is the only reason the Green Bay Packers are even competitive. 

The Packers roster isn't built to win on a consistent basis, the coaching isn't helping to make up for talent deficiencies, and injuries exploited the lack of overall depth. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2801077-packers-put-aaron-rodgers-in-impossible-situation-and-he-keeps-delivering?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Packers regular season points differential since 2015 is actually +29, since they've won 3 overtime games scoring 15 points (all in 2017 -- 2 TDs with Hundley starting plus the FG that beat the Bengals with Rodgers starting). 

That's the 14th best points differential in the NFL over that span, between the Cowboys (+58) and Chargers (+23). The top 5: 

1. Pats +531
  2. Chiefs +315
  3. Steelers +291
  4. Seahawks +268
  5. Vikings +205

Packers tight end Lance Kendricks is about to be charged for possession of marijuana, after a 2017 traffic stop. According to Samantha Hernandez of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, the Outagamie County District Attorney’s office is preparing criminal drug charges Kendricks. Kendricks was initially given a citation for possession of marijuana, which carries a fine of up to $1,000. That citation was dismissed last week, however.

The charges stem from a traffic stop last September, when Kendricks was stopped for doing 81 mph in a 70 mph zone. While TMZ reported he’d be charged for the marijuana possession, he denied it at the time. He was eventually given the citation last December, but now faces increased penalties.

The charges would also subject him to possible league punishment. Packers teammates Geronimo Allison and Aaron Jones have each been suspended for arrests for marijuana-related charges.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/18/lance-kendricks-to-be-charged-with-marijuana-possession/

hey, once Applebee's closes what else is there to do in Green Bay...?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Packers tight end Lance Kendricks is about to be charged for possession of marijuana, after a 2017 traffic stop. According to Samantha Hernandez of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, the Outagamie County District Attorney’s office is preparing criminal drug charges Kendricks. Kendricks was initially given a citation for possession of marijuana, which carries a fine of up to $1,000. That citation was dismissed last week, however.

The charges stem from a traffic stop last September, when Kendricks was stopped for doing 81 mph in a 70 mph zone. While TMZ reported he’d be charged for the marijuana possession, he denied it at the time. He was eventually given the citation last December, but now faces increased penalties.

The charges would also subject him to possible league punishment. Packers teammates Geronimo Allison and Aaron Jones have each been suspended for arrests for marijuana-related charges.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/18/lance-kendricks-to-be-charged-with-marijuana-possession/

hey, once Applebee's closes what else is there to do in Green Bay...?

Nothing

On 10/16/2018 at 1:11 PM, swede700 said:

Rodgers delivers against weak teams, but as we have seen year after year, he's not good enough on his own to deliver in the playoffs against elite defenses.  With their remaining road schedule, I don't think the Packers are going to be in the playoffs anyway.

Geronimo Allison and Randall Cobb were practicing in the days leading up to the team’s Week Six game against the 49ers, but wound up being scratched because of hamstring injuries. The bye week gave them more time to heal, they’ve continued to practice this week and head coach Mike McCarthy said Thursday that they’ll take the next step against the Rams.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/25/packers-expect-geronimo-allison-randall-cobb-to-play-this-weekend/

After Sunday’s loss to the Rams, Packers coach Mike McCarthy provided an inconsistent explanation for the kick return that resulted in the game-deciding fumble. In short, Ty Montgomery was supposed to stay in the end zone, but it’s OK that he didn’t.

McCarthy: “The plan there is to stay in the end zone. But that’s what those games come down to. There’s decisions and Ty’s in that decision situation, and I’m sure Ty was trying to make a play. So I don’t know exactly how deep he was, if it was close. But I think we all realize with the management of the clock and where we wanted to be there, we wanted to be north of two minutes with the one timeout. We wanted to put the ball in Aaron’s hands. But you also trust your players — tough decisions, close decisions — and like I said, I think Ty was just trying to make a play.”

That’s fine, but he was told to not try to make a play. Which means he defied the coaching staff. Which is something McCarthy doesn’t want to tell the world, because his players aren’t supposed to defy his order.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/29/ty-montgomerys-move-is-a-poor-reflection-on-mike-mccarthy/

now THAT'S a schism...

• Like 2

According to more than a half-dozen Packers players and coaches who witnessed it, Montgomery had thrown a tantrum of his own on Green Bay's previous offensive series, becoming noticeably enraged on the sideline after being removed from the game. At least one player believed there was carryover from that incident to Montgomery's decision to disregard his coaches' instruction and return the kickoff.

"They took him out (the previous drive) for a play and he slammed his helmet and threw a fit," one Packers player said. "Then (before the kickoff) they told him to take a knee, and he ran it out anyway. You know what that was? That was him saying, 'I'm gonna do me.' It's a f------ joke.

"I mean, what the f--- are you doing? We've got Aaron Rodgers, the best I've ever seen, and you're gonna take that risk? I mean, it's '12'! All you gotta do is give him the ball, and you know what's gonna happen."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000980254/article/aaron-rodgers-hollywood-ending-hijacked-by-rogue-decision

Montgomery does not sound as if he will soon get over the “backlash” from teammates.

Montgomery: “We talk about being brothers. We talk about being family and keeping things in house, in house and this, that and the other, and that’s not what happened. I don’t know. Maybe that’s what they do in their family, but that’s not what I do in mine. No one ever said anything to me. No one ever came to me. So I’m thoroughly disappointed in the speculation and just the backlash that I have to deal with now, because now we’re talking about my character. We’re not even talking about the fumble any more. We’re talking about my character.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/29/ty-montgomery-i-dont-intentionally-disobey-orders/

Packers regular season W-L record: 

• 3-3-1 in their 7 games this year
  • 12-12-1 in their last 25 games (since the Christmas Eve home win over the Vikings, late 2016)
  • 24-24-1 in their last 49 games (since the SNF loss in Denver where they were held to under 100 passing yards, November 1st 2015)

Rodgers has started 40 of those 49 games. 

From 2009 through early 2015 (which they started with a 6 game win streak), the Packers were 73-28-1, with Rodgers starting 93 of those 102 games.