Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

16 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I keep hearing people bringing up an offensive minded coach to pair with Aaron Rodgers, but Vic Fangio would be an excellent hire for the Packers. 

I'd love Fangio for this very reason below here...

39 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And no better way to bring the Bears back to earth.  

I brought up that the Bears defense was really good last year, too, and that I think Fangio has more to do overall with that defense being so good than Mack.  Bears fans are very sensitive over Mack, but I think that trade for Mack was by far the worst move in the division this year. 

I don't necessarily want Fangio as the Packers head coach because I'm still a little nervous about hiring a defensive guy who is old, but I think if you take Fangio away from the Bears, the Bears fall right back down to 5-8 wins.  The Raiders had Mack last year and still sucked; they were one of the worst defenses in the league with Mack.  Mack is certainly a beast, but that Bears defense showed a lot of dominance even last year without him. 

Fangio's age, I agree, is the only thing that would hold them back from hiring him.  But, Bruce Arians proved that old guys, hired for the first time, can have success.  It would just be a question of whether the Packers would want to hire a guy who probably would only be around until A-Rodg's retirement.  

Edited by swede700

Just now, VikeManDan said:

How do you mean "worst move..." do you mean worst move from a Packers/Vikings/Lions perspective?

I mean out of all the moves made by either the Vikings, Packers, Lions or Bears.  Trading for Mack was a worse move than signing Cousins, than signing Jimmy Graham, than hiring Patricia, etc. 

I think Cousins was a mistake, but signing Cousins was only a massive contract to a QB.  The Bears gave up their future draft capital AND their cap space to get Mack. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I mean out of all the moves made by either the Vikings, Packers, Lions or Bears.  Trading for Mack was a worse move than signing Cousins, than signing Jimmy Graham, than hiring Patricia, etc. 

I think Cousins was a mistake, but signing Cousins was only a massive contract to a QB.  The Bears gave up their future draft capital AND their cap space to get Mack. 

You are out of your mind....

• Like 2

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I disagree entirely. The way I see it is they spent their 2019 1st round pick on Mack and gave up a future 1st (2020), 3rd (2020), 6th (2019) they also somehow got back a 2nd (2020) and conditional 5th (2020). 

Just now, dafreak said:

You are out of your mind....

Hey, that's the same thing I got here in the Vikings forum when I said trading for Allen was a mistake that wouldn't lead to Super Bowls.  Building a Super Bowl team is a marathon, not a sprint, and the Bears just sprinted halfway to the end and have a full half marathon to go with zero energy remaining.  We'll see.  Tell me the state of my mind in 2020. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Hey, that's the same thing I got here in the Vikings forum when I said trading for Allen was a mistake that wouldn't lead to Super Bowls.  Building a Super Bowl team is a marathon, not a sprint, and the Bears just sprinted halfway to the end and have a full half marathon to go with zero energy remaining.  We'll see.  Tell me the state of my mind in 2020. 

Ill still say you are out of your mind...

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You could literally say that any move that the Vikings have made was bad because it didn't lead to a super bowl

• Like 1