Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

14 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I mean Caldwell has had the best winning winning percentage in Lions modern history that wasn’t a interm coach

Can you imagine the uproar though If they hired an ex Lions coach? Incognito would rip his eye balls out.

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 3

The Packers have started interviewing candidates for their head coaching job and that process will surely heat up once the season comes to an end on Sunday, but one prominent member of the team is throwing his support behind interim head coach Joe Philbin.

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers said last Sunday that the players wanted to give Philbin the “best opportunity possible” and wide receiver Davante Adams went a little bit further when discussing Philbin on Wednesday. Adams called Philbin “one of the realest people” he’s ever met and called himself a “big Joe advocate.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/27/davante-adams-would-love-if-the-search-stopped-with-joe-philbin/

22 hours ago, perrynoid said:

I am still wrapping my head around the fact that GB will finish with losing records two years in a row.  When is the last time that happened?

(Let's hope this is the start of a trend!!!)

They're still trying to match their number of wins from last year.  They will end up either 1/2 game better or worse than the Brett Hundley abomination season.  I guess getting GOAT back didn't make much difference.

• Like 3

On 12/26/2018 at 7:27 PM, gopherwrestler said:

What about this one lol

The Pagano one makes at least some sense, even though they probably won't hire him.  I don't recall who tweeted it, but the initial interview process was essentially 3 parts.  The first part was interviewing potential college coaches, and the only name that we've heard linked to the Packers was Pat Fitzgerald out of Northwestern given his ties to Mark Murphy.  The second part is interviewing former HC, which makes sense why we're not hearing about Jim Caldwell and Chuck Pagano.  And the third part would be interviewing guys who are currently employed by NFL teams, and thus ineligible to be interviewed until their season ends.

And some speculated that Chuck Pagano could ultimately be the guy, especially if the Packers want to retain Joe Philbin and Mike Pettine.  Like Tom mentioned, Pagano hired Joe Philbin when he was fired with the Dolphins and he has history with Pettine.  Of all the "retread" coaches, he makes the most sense.

• Like 1