Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

On 12/26/2018 at 7:27 PM, perrynoid said:

I am still wrapping my head around the fact that GB will finish with losing records two years in a row.  When is the last time that happened?

(Let's hope this is the start of a trend!!!)

I just broke out my old Sheena Easton records in honor of Green Bay's "return to the 80's"!   :D

I give it a B+ :( Tennessee's offense was pretty balenced last year which I think will help Aaron at this point in his career with lesser WRs outside DeVante Adams. Keeping Pettine makes it a B+ for me. Keeping the defensive staff in tact for a defense that should keep improving.

31 minutes ago, KOTN-93 said:

I give it a B+ :( Tennessee's offense was pretty balenced last year which I think will help Aaron at this point in his career with lesser WRs outside DeVante Adams. Keeping Pettine makes it a B+ for me. Keeping the defensive staff in tact for a defense that should keep improving.

I think talent is required to be successful, and Pettine didn't really have a ton. I don't expect them to go from 20th to 5th anytime soon. Unless they add elite defense players. Has this guy done anything in the league as an OC or is he just a great communicator?

15 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I think talent is required to be successful, and Pettine didn't really have a ton. I don't expect them to go from 20th to 5th anytime soon. Unless they add elite defense players. Has this guy done anything in the league as an OC or is he just a great communicator?

Was rookie RGIII's QB Coach as well as QB Coach for Matt Ryan his MVP year. Seems to be really good at getting the best out of QBs. Having last year to get used to calling plays should help too.

Edited by KOTN-93

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Tell me how I should feel about this Matt LeFleur hiring....

I don't much about him but the idea of pairing one of the league's hot and up and coming offensive minds with Rodgers doesn't excite me(from a Viking's fan perspective).  

49 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't much about him but the idea of pairing one of the league's hot and up and coming offensive minds with Rodgers doesn't excite me(from a Viking's fan perspective).  

How is he up and coming? I don't think they just grow McVays in the leagu every year. I also think it only works with a QB who is young and needs teaching not a HOF QB on the last leg. I think Arians would have been a much better hire. 

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

How is he up and coming? I don't think they just grow McVays in the leagu every year. I also think it only works with a QB who is young and needs teaching not a HOF QB on the last leg. I think Arians would have been a much better hire. 

I don’t think Arians would even want to coach in Green Bay. 

34 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I like this hire. A lot. For the rest of the NFCN. Sharon isn’t going to like listening to a guy that’s only 4 years older than him. 

I mean he hates his family so maybe he needs more of a friend coaching him than a father figure like McCarthy