Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

On 1/8/2019 at 10:51 AM, gopherwrestler said:

Another year of these young DB’s and they will start improving. What’s really killing them is their pass rushing LB’s. 

That's not saying much when they were 29th this year, which is worse than they were even in 2017.  

Ian Rapoport✔@RapSheet

Former #Jaguars OC Nathaniel Hackett is headed to Green Bay, as the #Packers are hiring him as their new offensive coordinator, source said. He’ll absolutely challenge and engage Aaron Rodgers.

NFL Forum reactions:

"An uninspiring hire to say the least. Will probably be a successful offense anyway simply because of Rodgers... but if they were looking for a crisp offensive mind to take the offense to the next level, well, this isn't him. Most Jaguars games I watched with him at the offensive helm looked like the most generic offense I've ever seen in pro football for quite some time."

"This is an awful hire."

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Ian Rapoport✔@RapSheet

Former #Jaguars OC Nathaniel Hackett is headed to Green Bay, as the #Packers are hiring him as their new offensive coordinator, source said. He’ll absolutely challenge and engage Aaron Rodgers.

NFL Forum reactions:

"An uninspiring hire to say the least. Will probably be a successful offense anyway simply because of Rodgers... but if they were looking for a crisp offensive mind to take the offense to the next level, well, this isn't him. Most Jaguars games I watched with him at the offensive helm looked like the most generic offense I've ever seen in pro football for quite some time."

"This is an awful hire."

Well, when Blake Bortles is running the offense, it's bound to look generic. 

On 1/8/2019 at 10:51 AM, gopherwrestler said:

Another year of these young DB’s and they will start improving. What’s really killing them is their pass rushing LB’s. 

I'd be surprised if they didn't make the improvement of their pass rush a big priority in this year's draft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There’s been talk recently about whether the Packers will move on without tight end Jimmy Graham in 2019, but a report on Tuesday indicates Graham will be back for a second season in Green Bay. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the team is expected to pay Graham’s $5 million roster bonus by the March 15 deadline to do so. Graham is also set to make a salary of $3.45 million in the second year of the three-year deal he signed with the team last March.

Moving on from Graham would save the team over $5.3 million in cap space while leaving over $7.3 million in dead money.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/29/report-packers-expected-to-pay-jimmy-grahams-roster-bonus/

5 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Being a packer fan, I get a kick out of this. A viking site talking about packers stuff! Unreal.

we also have threads about the Bears and Lions, our other NFC North opponents, we've had them for years. 

not sure what is unreal about it in your view, the Packer forum tracks other teams too.