Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

we also have threads about the Bears and Lions, our other NFC North opponents, we've had them for years. 

not sure what is unreal about it in your view, the Packer forum tracks other teams too.

Correct, you track teams but to have a thread dedicated to it is another.  Don't have a problem with it, just find it interesting. 

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

and many Packer fans regularly post in it. which i see the other guy didn't notice, mention, or feel was "unreal." lol

man you guys are insulted easily.  1st time I've ever been on this site .. didn't see the need to notice, mention or feel it.  it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

man you guys are insulted easily.  1st time I've ever been on this site .. didn't see the need to notice, mention or feel it.  it is what it is.

no insult taken, my friend. we're an easy bunch to get along with.

just a bit interesting how you find something so odd that's been in place and heavily visited by interested Packer fans for more than a decade.

but as you say, you are what you are. and we'd love to read your views about football, instead of how we choose to organize our threads.

Edited by vike daddy

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

no insult taken, my friend. we're an easy bunch to get along with.

just a bit interesting how you find something so odd that's been in place and heavily visited by interested Packer fans for more than a decade.

but as you say, you are what you are.

fair enough, carry on

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers isn’t going to like this. The Packers quarterback, who has a reputation for being so sensitive that he’s sensitive about being regarded as sensitive, has drawn on-the-record criticism from multiple former teammates, in the aftermath of the team’s decision to replace coach Mike McCarthy with Matt LaFleur.

Jermichael Finley: “He’s coachable to a point. Once you try to overcoach him, that’s when he’s going to do his own thing. With McCarthy, McCarthy used to call a play and Aaron would look at him and then it’s a whole different play. And we just ran the play that No. 12 called. Sorry. And I think it’s going to be a lot worse with a young guy and with where Aaron’s at in his career. He’s an icon of the NFL. You just gave this guy $200 million, it’s going to be very hard to coach a guy same age, his pay scale is up here and it’s going to be hard to tell Aaron what to do.”

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila: “When Aaron became ‘The Man,’ he was ‘The Man’, especially in his own eyes. Let’s just put it that way. Things just changed. I don’t know what to say. I don’t want to lie to you. It’s hard for me to say this without causing drama. But I will say that between Brett and Aaron — and I’m just being honest here so do what you want with this — with everything that Brett accomplished, you would think he’d be a little more arrogant, but he was actually more humble. And I felt that Aaron was a little bit more on the arrogant side. I would say from the time Rodgers arrived to the time he became a starter, I felt that he changed, and it wasn’t for the better.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/06/former-packers-question-the-coachability-of-aaron-rodgers/

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, swede700 said:

Doesn't surprise me.  If he's that way with his own family, should we be surprised that he's like that with his teammates?

Dude, it's Jermichael Finley. He was talented as heck, but the guy is grade A idiot.

KGB is a different cat too and he also really didn't spend much time with Rodgers ( 1 season when Rodgers was a starter). He wasn't even on the team when Rodgers became a superstar.

Do you see other teammates of his saying he's a bad teammate? Any current? Cobb had him as a groomsman in his wedding, must get along with him pretty well. Heck even Rodgers and Favre chill to get her now a days.

As for the family narrative, I've always found it odd people need to weigh on in a situation they're ignorant of. I have read the reports, and like basically everyone else, I have no idea why they don't talk or whatever.  For all I know, a family member tried to take advantage of his success and wealth or something, or maybe Rodgers really is a jerk to them. Who knows? It's not my business or concern.

When rival fans bring it up it seems like a desperation move to try and rip on  someone they dislike because of how good they've been on the field.

Edited by Arthur Penske