Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

Lighten up a little Art...

I don't personally know Rodgers, nor do I claim to, but an objective observer can see that he has something about him that may just be a little off-putting to some people.  From the articles I've read about his early relationship with Favre to the way he talks on radio shows to some of the comments he makes in the media...I personally couldn't be friends with him, because he has a lot of jackass-ian tendencies to him and I don't like people like that.  It doesn't make him a bad guy, but it's understandable when his relationships with people aren't all that close.  

And yes, I've seen comments from both ex-teammates and current teammates that suggest that he's not a great teammate to some.  I don't think those comments coming from players that there is some lack of accountability in that locker-room aren't, at the very least, somewhat related to how he is, how he's been treated, and how he treats others.  It doesn't mean it's all about him (mostly it was about how McCarthy treated him), but it has to be at least partially.  

Edited by swede700

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Dude, it's Jermichael Finley. He was talented as heck, but the guy is grade A idiot.

KGB is a different cat too and he also really didn't spend much time with Rodgers ( 1 season when Rodgers was a starter). He wasn't even on the team when Rodgers became a superstar.

Do you see other teammates of his saying he's a bad teammate? Any current? Cobb had him as a groomsman in his wedding, must get along with him pretty well. Heck even Rodgers and Favre chill to get her now a days.

As for the family narrative, I've always found it odd people need to weigh on in a situation they're ignorant of. I have read the reports, and like basically everyone else, I have no idea why they don't talk or whatever.  For all I know, a family member tried to take advantage of his success and wealth or something, or maybe Rodgers really is a jerk to them. Who knows? It's not my business or concern.

When rival fans bring it up it seems like a desperation move to try and rip on  someone they dislike because of how good they've been on the field.

Let Us Hate the Guy Please!!

We'll sing his praises when he retires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Do you see other teammates of his saying he's a bad teammate? Any current? Cobb had him as a groomsman in his wedding, must get along with him pretty well. Heck even Rodgers and Favre chill to get her now a days.

I know this is a typo...but, man, it could be taken in a completely different direction!

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Lighten up a little Art...

I don't personally know Rodgers, nor do I claim to, but an objective observer can see that he has something about him that may just be a little off-putting to some people.  From the articles I've read about his early relationship with Favre to the way he talks on radio shows to some of the comments he makes in the media...I personally couldn't be friends with him, because he has a lot of jackass-ian tendencies to him and I don't like people like that.  It doesn't make him a bad guy, but it's understandable when his relationships with people aren't all that close.  

And yes, I've seen comments from both ex-teammates and current teammates that suggest that he's not a great teammate to some.  I don't think those comments coming from players that there is some lack of accountability in that locker-room aren't, at the very least, somewhat related to how he is, how he's been treated, and how he treats others.  It doesn't mean it's all about him (mostly it was about how McCarthy treated him), but it has to be at least partially.  

Who?

The Packers drafted guard Cole Madison in the fifth round of last year’s draft, but he stepped away from the team before training camp to deal with what was described as a personal matter and did not return before the year was over. It’s unclear if Madison will return in 2019. Michael Cohen of The Athletic reports that the suicide of his Washington State teammate Tyler Hilinski and subsequent revelation that Hilinski had CTE were the impetus for his decision to remove himself from the game.

General Manager Brian Gutekunst didn’t confirm that was the reason for Madison’s departure, but did confirm that there’s no return date in sight.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/11/2018-fifth-round-pick-cole-madison-may-not-return-to-packers/

On 2/9/2019 at 12:42 PM, Arthur Penske said:

As I said, people are going to have differences of opinion.  Some people can handle the smugness and are okay with it, others may not.  Some said TO was a great teammate too, but it was clear that he wasn't that way to many people.     

• 2 weeks later...

Jordy Nelson, who spent a decade with Rodgers in Green Bay, took issue with former teammates Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley criticizing Rodgers, as well as with ex-Packer Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila saying that Rodgers changed as a person when he became famous.

Nelson: “I think if you look, there’s two guys — now three — saying it, compared to the hundreds that are saying the opposite. It doesn’t make sense.  I think it’s comical when I read those comments. Everyone knows negativity sells. People don’t want to hear the good. People feel better about themselves when they hear bad things about other people. And that’s why that gets more pub. I mean, no one wants to hear that Aaron’s not only obviously a great quarterback but a great leader and does everything right. All right, there’s your story. What fun is that? So whenever they can, they go back to the well and get the same people to say the same stuff.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/22/jordy-nelson-takes-issue-with-criticism-of-aaron-rodgers/

• 2 weeks later...

The Patriots called the Packers about the availability of receiver Randall Cobb last season, Jay Glazer of TheAthletic.com reports. It is unclear if the Packers considered an offer for Cobb.

Cobb is a free agent this season after catching 38 passes for 383 yards and two touchdowns in nine games last season as he dealt with a hamstring issue. Cobb, 28, had his best season in 2014 when he earned his only Pro Bowl honor with 91 catches for 1,287 yards and 12 touchdowns.

The Patriots are in the market for receivers, with Julian Edelman the only player at the position under contract for 2019 among the team’s receivers who finished last season on the active roster. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/07/report-patriots-inquired-about-randall-cobb-last-year/