swede700

Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because this is clearly an apples-to-apples comparison.  Danielle Hunter signed his extension a year prior to FA, and he signed it coming off of a 7 sack season.  Za'Darius is coming off an 8.5 sack season, and was a FA.

I don’t think that is so much what he is saying. I think he’s just saying we are all happy they did that and what a deal it is to have Hunter for the price we do. 

We hit ‘er in the head with Thielen and Hunter right before their big break outs.

One of my favorite draft prospects of all time. I was so sad when he was drafted by the Packers. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

One of my favorite draft prospects of all time. I was so sad when he was drafted by the Packers. 

Agreed.  But, he's one of the few Packers that I always had respect for, and hoped he did well, except of course when playing the Vikings.

Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy said at the league meetings in Phoenix, Ariz. on Tuesday that they are in discussions with the Oakland Raiders about playing a preseason game in Canada this fall.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/26/mark-murphy-packers-discussing-canadian-preseason-game-with-raiders/

What are them dere Triangle, Holey yellow tings that they're wearing?  Are dose their Mountie Hats, eh?

15 hours ago, perrynoid said:

This article certainly didn't help me change my mind on Aaron Rodgers, despite what some have told me about how great a teammate he was...even though I'd probably have been p-o-ed at McCarthy a lot too, because he ain't a winner in this story either.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

43 minutes ago, swede700 said:

This article certainly didn't help me change my mind on Aaron Rodgers, despite what some have told me about how great a teammate he was...even though I'd probably have been p-o-ed at McCarthy a lot too, because he ain't a winner in this story either.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Wow. That was quite the read, highly recommend.

Surprised Rodgers hasn't been punched in the face.

Wow. That was a great read. It's hard to understand why some guys can't help but sabotage themselves. 

Wow, very interesting read!  One wonders if the Packer's solution should have included a team shrink, and I don't mean that in a negative way.  Enough drama there to fuel several seasons of a sitcom...

It's amazing how few rings Green Bay has gotten out of their last two QBs. I'll be forever thankful to Ted and the Mikes (McCarthy, Sherman, Holmgren) for squandering so many opportunities. After that read, it seems that I should also appreciate Rogers contributions to that as well. It just didn't work out for that grouping.

Before I appreciate Rodgers' perpetuation of that situation, I am more than a little concerned about the drive he'll have this year to show how much better off he is without McCarthy.

Now, we have the only Mike in the division...surrounded by a bunch of Matts.

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

Now, we have the only Mike in the division...surrounded by a bunch of Matts.

As long as they are used as door Matts...that's ok!!  :D