Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Matt LaFleur: “Right now, most importantly, Aaron’s our quarterback and I see him here for a really long time. However long that is, I don’t think anybody knows.

Only way that makes sense is if a year or two is a “really long time”.

Rodgers himself clearly sees the writing on the wall, and knows the Packers are moving on:

It’s a good interview — Rodgers is relaxed enough to be blunt, and he’s more than a little passive aggressive (listing the WRs he wanted GB to draft, including Jefferson, pouring himself a stiff drink after the QB pick was made instead). 

8 hours ago, Krauser said:

It’s a good interview — Rodgers is relaxed enough to be blunt, and he’s more than a little passive aggressive (listing the WRs he wanted GB to draft, including Jefferson, pouring himself a stiff drink after the QB pick was made instead). 

yeah, i read that too. glad he had his eye on Jefferson.

I just watched PFT Draft consider the 6 teams that might sign Antonio Brown. Don't worry the Vikings were not one of those teams.  BUT, the Packers WERE!  Chris Simms picked Green Bay to sign Antonio Brown.  I'm not sure that there is enough territory in the state of Wisconsin to contain the egos of Brown and Rodgers.  I would even start to feel sorry for LeFleur if that happened.

On 8/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, Krauser said:

I think if you dig into the Rodgers "stiff drink", it was either 4 shots of tequila, or 4 fingers of tequila.

Aaron does nothing without thinking about it.  He was clearly giving homage to Brett Favre.  

It'll be interesting to see how he does in a Viking uniform in 3 years.  :)

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think if you dig into the Rodgers "stiff drink", it was either 4 shots of tequila, or 4 fingers of tequila.

Aaron does nothing without thinking about it.  He was clearly giving homage to Brett Favre.  

It'll be interesting to see how he does in a Viking uniform in 3 years.  :)

Rodgers might like to do that in homage to his mentor, but I just don't see the Vikings needing or wanting him.  In three years, my guess is that we will probably be dealing with a new head coach and could be starting a big rebuild.  It just wouldn't make sense to bring in an old veteran at that point.  Not only that, but there isn't much of a difference between Rodgers and Cousins at this point, so we might as well keep him around.  Then again, the new coach may very well want to do like LaFleur did this year and bring in his own guy.  I could be way off, of course.  It's tough to predict what will happen on any team three years in the future.

16 minutes ago, Krauser said:

3 years from now, Rodgers will still be better than Jordan Love will ever be :)

I think we all can agree on that.  I think he'll be okay in the long run, but it's not like LaFleur exactly has a stellar record with young guys...his last 2 were Mariota and Goff and Cousins got better after he left.  

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Seems like I've heard that before regarding Favre and Rodgers.  We shall see.  It'll be interesting.

That WAS true even four years after Rodgers was drafted.  2009 Favre was undoubtedly better than 2009 Rodgers.  It wasn't until Rodgers' fifth year in the league and when Favre really had nothing left that Rodgers finally passed him up.