Jump to content

Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I've been a big Jeopardy! fan all my life and watched Aaron last night. he was awful! droll, boring, monotone, devoid of showing any fun or fostering excitement....

Not surprising...I only caught the tail-end of it and noticed how far he stood away from the contestants after the game was over, which provides support to the notion that he's not much of a people person.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

LOL

At least Aaron's a good sport about it though

I didn't watch the Packers games in the playoffs. What is he referring to?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

I've been a big Jeopardy! fan all my life and watched Aaron last night. he was awful! droll, boring, monotone, devoid of showing any fun or fostering excitement....

Still better than Oz though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I didn't watch the Packers games in the playoffs. What is he referring to?

~2 minutes left in the game, down 8 against the Bucs in NFCCG. On like 4th and goal from the 10, they kicked the field goal rather than going for it and never got the ball back.

I don't think it makes a huge difference, either way your chances are slim. But from a fan perspective, you'd rather see your team go for the TD in that situation every time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

But from a fan perspective, you'd rather see your team go for the TD in that situation every time.

Especially with Rodgers as your QB. I think that was the bigger reason for complaint. They essentially took the ball out of Rodgers’ hands and gave it back to Tom Brady. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

~2 minutes left in the game, down 8 against the Bucs in NFCCG. On like 4th and goal from the 10, they kicked the field goal rather than going for it and never got the ball back.

I don't think it makes a huge difference, either way your chances are slim. But from a fan perspective, you'd rather see your team go for the TD in that situation every time. 

Ah ok. That makes it even funnier. 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

Appearing Monday with Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio, Charles Woodson acknowledged that things eventually could get “nasty” between quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Woodson: “I think it’s one of those situations where, you know, there’s all this talk swirling around between him and Green Bay, and I think it could be one of those situations where it gets nasty at some point, somehow in the back and forth between the Packers and Aaron’s agents and then before you know it somehow the thing gets blown up. I mean, I certainly hope that doesn’t happen, but you know where there’s smoke there’s fire.”

“You think about over the years the great players that have played most of their careers in one place and then gone on to play somewhere else. Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, myself — I left twice. At some point, the team is gonna start looking to the future.”

Woodson, referring to the decision in 2020 to use a first-round pick on quarterback Jordan Love, said that “it is looking to the future.”

“I know that Rodgers had to be thinking, ‘Bring me somebody in here that’s gonna help me immediately, you know not somebody that has to sit behind me for the next two or three years or whatever it is. So I think he ends up ending his career in another place.” 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/14/charles-woodson-thinks-aaron-rodgers-will-indeed-end-his-career-in-another-place/

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Appearing Monday with Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio, Charles Woodson acknowledged that things eventually could get “nasty” between quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Woodson: “I think it’s one of those situations where, you know, there’s all this talk swirling around between him and Green Bay, and I think it could be one of those situations where it gets nasty at some point, somehow in the back and forth between the Packers and Aaron’s agents and then before you know it somehow the thing gets blown up. I mean, I certainly hope that doesn’t happen, but you know where there’s smoke there’s fire.”

“You think about over the years the great players that have played most of their careers in one place and then gone on to play somewhere else. Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, myself — I left twice. At some point, the team is gonna start looking to the future.”

Woodson, referring to the decision in 2020 to use a first-round pick on quarterback Jordan Love, said that “it is looking to the future.”

“I know that Rodgers had to be thinking, ‘Bring me somebody in here that’s gonna help me immediately, you know not somebody that has to sit behind me for the next two or three years or whatever it is. So I think he ends up ending his career in another place.” 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/14/charles-woodson-thinks-aaron-rodgers-will-indeed-end-his-career-in-another-place/

SCHISM

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Appearing Monday with Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio, Charles Woodson acknowledged that things eventually could get “nasty” between quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Woodson: “I think it’s one of those situations where, you know, there’s all this talk swirling around between him and Green Bay, and I think it could be one of those situations where it gets nasty at some point, somehow in the back and forth between the Packers and Aaron’s agents and then before you know it somehow the thing gets blown up. I mean, I certainly hope that doesn’t happen, but you know where there’s smoke there’s fire.”

“You think about over the years the great players that have played most of their careers in one place and then gone on to play somewhere else. Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, myself — I left twice. At some point, the team is gonna start looking to the future.”

Woodson, referring to the decision in 2020 to use a first-round pick on quarterback Jordan Love, said that “it is looking to the future.”

“I know that Rodgers had to be thinking, ‘Bring me somebody in here that’s gonna help me immediately, you know not somebody that has to sit behind me for the next two or three years or whatever it is. So I think he ends up ending his career in another place.” 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/14/charles-woodson-thinks-aaron-rodgers-will-indeed-end-his-career-in-another-place/

If this comes to be, I wonder what it is about the culture of the Packers that aging superstar quarterbacks end their time with the team with acrimony?  Manning left Indy with grace and the relationship between the Patriots and Brady didn't seem dysfunctional and the split was more or less amicable.  Was Favre a one off...or will the relationship with Rodgers deteriorate to the point that there becomes a pattern in Green Bay?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a wise GM once said, a QB drafted in the first round was drafted to play. Jordan Love will be given the keys to the Packers offense at some point. 

I do believe that 2021 will be Rodgers’ final season in Green Bay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...