Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

montell cozart?

perhaps, but that answer isn't as fun as the one i'm looking for...

Sternberger caught a TD from this mystery QB in an overtime thriller against a team whose QB went on to have an NFL career too. and that QB threw a TD to a now Viking receiver...

• 1 month later...

As one league source explained it to PFT, Za' Darius Smith is believed to be unhappy about the team exercising the automatic conversion option in his contract, converting a large chunk of 2021 salary to a guaranteed payment and, in turn, pushing his 2022 cap number north of $28 million. He knows that, come next year, the magnitude of the cap charge for keeping him around means he’ll likely be cut or traded.

Smith, per the source, didn’t realize the import of the automatic conversion language. Also, he’s believed to be not happy that the Packers didn’t pay out the 2021 guarantee ($14.76 million) in March. By letter of the agreement, the Packers will make the payments in weekly chunks during the season, resulting in Smith getting no net benefit from the move. Instead, the restructuring hurts him because it makes his cap number in 2022 too high for the team to carry.

It’s not an issue if he signs an extension before next March. Currently, that’s not expected to happen. Smith previously displayed his displeasure by making an agent change. And it’s believed that, like quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Smith wants security or he wants out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/24/zadarius-smith-joins-the-list-of-less-than-happy-packers/

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

As one league source explained it to PFT, Za' Darius Smith is believed to be unhappy about the team exercising the automatic conversion option in his contract, converting a large chunk of 2021 salary to a guaranteed payment and, in turn, pushing his 2022 cap number north of $28 million. He knows that, come next year, the magnitude of the cap charge for keeping him around means he’ll likely be cut or traded.

Smith, per the source, didn’t realize the import of the automatic conversion language. Also, he’s believed to be not happy that the Packers didn’t pay out the 2021 guarantee ($14.76 million) in March. By letter of the agreement, the Packers will make the payments in weekly chunks during the season, resulting in Smith getting no net benefit from the move. Instead, the restructuring hurts him because it makes his cap number in 2022 too high for the team to carry.

It’s not an issue if he signs an extension before next March. Currently, that’s not expected to happen. Smith previously displayed his displeasure by making an agent change. And it’s believed that, like quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Smith wants security or he wants out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/24/zadarius-smith-joins-the-list-of-less-than-happy-packers/

Packers are quickly turning into a trash fire. And I’m here for it. 

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 3:03 PM, wcblack34 said:

Packers are quickly turning into a trash fire. And I’m here for it. 

On 7/24/2021 at 3:18 PM, perrynoid said:

Do you like your popcorn buttered?

Dang, I wonder if they will all magically get resolved? Like it was all about leverage? ;)

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

This did not age well Chappelle Show Lol GIF

You have three of your best players (two of whom are arguably the best players at their positions) unhappy with their contracts. Your response may yet be premature. And again, I'm here for it. 

Just now, wcblack34 said:

You have three of your best players (two of whom are arguably the best players at their positions) unhappy with their contracts. Your response may yet be premature. And again, I'm here for it. 

NFL players unhappy with their contracts?? Woah..Keanu Reeves GIF

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I guess you could say Adam’s is and maybe he takes a cue from Rodgers for some contractual freedom, but his is simply about   Negotiation. Of course you hold out a bit longer for more $$.

He’s also said he’s not holding out, under contract for 2021 and can be franchised.

Edited by Arthur Penske