Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

10 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Imagine the drama in Minnesota if they go 8-9 

Then they’ll only have to put up with Cousins for one more season and work towards a QBOTF. Which seems to be exactly the plan. So I would presume the only drama would be from people who already want the move to fail. 

44 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Then they’ll only have to put up with Cousins for one more season and work towards a QBOTF. Which seems to be exactly the plan. So I would presume the only drama would be from people who already want the move to fail. 

To be honest, we’ve seen absolutely no indication that they’d move on from Cousins after the 2023 season unless there is already a viable alternative already on the roster. Hence why i am not ruling out drafting QB in 2022 draft. 

37 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

To be honest, we’ve seen absolutely no indication that they’d move on from Cousins after the 2023 season unless there is already a viable alternative already on the roster. Hence why i am not ruling out drafting QB in 2022 draft. 

What we’ve seen is that there was no viable alternative on the market, and an incredibly weak QB draft class. I think the extension is a recognition of those realities, and the Coach’s belief that his system can get even more out of Cousins. 

And as I’ve said before, this extension buys KOC and Kwesi job security precisely because they can move on from Cousins after two years and try again with “their guy.”  However, the longer they hang onto him and don’t win, the more tied to him they become. So the notion that they’ll just keep extending him ad infinitum, isn’t likely. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 5:11 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Tonyan and Douglas are back.

My guess is they sign MVS back too.

So right now it’s Tonyan, Lazard, and Cobb. Maybe MVS. Probably a receiver in the first 2 rounds (though we’ve seen Gute pass there before) and probably one significant vet left in FA. I can’t imagine that will be enough to match Adams’ production.

Edited by NorthCountryEvo
  • Like 3

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Worth is very subject. $10M for a starter isn’t all that expensive when the top players are making $25M+. 

I personally don't believe he's even starter-material, so that is subjective on my part.

• Like 1

A-Rodg must really be stewing right about now. This is going to be, by far, the least talented group of WRs he's ever had. They have 1.22 and 1.28 and a couple of 2nd rounders, but rookie WRs don't usually contribute heavily. 

Could be a meltdown coming in Green Bay...and I'm here for that. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

A-Rodg must really be stewing right about now. This is going to be, by far, the least talented group of WRs he's ever had. They have 1.22 and 1.28 and a couple of 2nd rounders, but rookie WRs don't usually contribute heavily. 

Could be a meltdown coming in Green Bay...and I'm here for that. 

Agreed he must be losing his mind.  His public praise of Adams clearly did not keep him around but why would it, he gets big time bucks and Adams gets a franchise tag?  He was probably nuts when Adams left now Valdes-Scantling.  However they could easily draft Chris Olave and Burks 1st round and Olave could do a lot of things similar to Adams.

Hope it is a big issue but honestly is probably not if they draft well.  And if not those guys Dotson should be around, Metchie, Thornton, David Bell etc.  So things could fall very nicely for them but sure rookies might not be great but Justin Jefferson did just fine as a rookie and he had much worse QB play.  

On 3/22/2022 at 4:51 AM, NorthCountryEvo said:

So right now it’s Tonyan, Lazard, and Cobb. Maybe MVS. Probably a receiver in the first 2 rounds (though we’ve seen Gute pass there before) and probably one significant vet left in FA. I can’t imagine that will be enough to match Adams’ production.

Ironically speaking, Aaron Rodgers was as productive (or more) without Davante Adams as he was with him the past 3 seasons when Adams was out.