Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

you think Murray is that high?

I don't personally like Kyler, mainly because he's almost like a poor man's Cam Newton, in that he has tremendous talent, but he's not interested in really being the best player he can be.  I could also call him the NFL equivalent of KAT. 

The NFC is so weak at QB, which is really probably the only reason Jalen Hurts is at the top as well, because I'd like someone who has a little more longevity than him at the top, but it is what it is.  My top 4 would have to be Hurts, Cousins, Goff and Prescott, with probably Stafford, Carr and Murray behind them in any order. 

Geno Smith had a good year last year, but call it the Ryan Fitzpatrick effect, he's been a backup so long that he plays better than expected, but let's not think he's all of a sudden a top QB and you can rely on him to carry you through.  His weaknesses that kept him a backup will begin to show up.

Daniel Jones owes his contract to the Vikings...and then the rest are still up in the air (Ridder, Young, Fields, Love, Purdy/Lance, Trask/Mayfield, Howell)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I don't personally like Kyler, mainly because he's almost like a poor man's Cam Newton, in that he has tremendous talent, but he's not interested in really being the best player he can be.  I could also call him the NFL equivalent of KAT. 

The NFC is so weak at QB, which is really probably the only reason Jalen Hurts is at the top as well, because I'd like someone who has a little more longevity than him at the top, but it is what it is.  My top 4 would have to be Hurts, Cousins, Goff and Prescott, with probably Stafford, Carr and Murray behind them in any order. 

Geno Smith had a good year last year, but call it the Ryan Fitzpatrick effect, he's been a backup so long that he plays better than expected, but let's not think he's all of a sudden a top QB and you can rely on him to carry you through.  His weaknesses that kept him a backup will begin to show up.

Daniel Jones owes his contract to the Vikings...and then the rest are still up in the air (Ridder, Young, Fields, Love, Purdy/Lance, Trask/Mayfield, Howell)

Geno has an extraordinary accurate arm.  He has great pocket awareness,  and his football intelligence is above average. The best thing about his being a backup is that he is pretty fresh physically.  I think he is more in the mold of Rich Gannon than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

The Packers also took a big hit when tackle David Bakhtiari refused to add void years to his contract restructure. He must have his reasons for not agreeing to the voids, but it's unclear what they are. Unless a player is in the last year of his contract and wants leverage for an extension, he usually loses nothing by doing the voids and collecting most of his pay in an upfront bonus rather than waiting for weekly paychecks. Bakhtiari has two years left on his contract, so instead of including the voids and spreading his $15 million payment over five years of salary cap, the money was spread over only the two years left on his deal. That cost the Packers a valuable $4.5 million in cap room this year.

Green Bay Press Gazette

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Packers also took a big hit when tackle David Bakhtiari refused to add void years to his contract restructure. He must have his reasons for not agreeing to the voids, but it's unclear what they are. Unless a player is in the last year of his contract and wants leverage for an extension, he usually loses nothing by doing the voids and collecting most of his pay in an upfront bonus rather than waiting for weekly paychecks. Bakhtiari has two years left on his contract, so instead of including the voids and spreading his $15 million payment over five years of salary cap, the money was spread over only the two years left on his deal. That cost the Packers a valuable $4.5 million in cap room this year.

Green Bay Press Gazette

He'll just be another player bitter at the Packers' front office/culture after he leaves, just like a number of them have been over the last 2 decades. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Was talking to a Packer fan on another forum today and he used the words "Jordan Love" and "generational talent" in the same sentence.

Was the full sentence “Jordan Love is not a generational talent”?

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Sad People said:

Was talking to a Packer fan on another forum today and he used the words "Jordan Love" and "generational talent" in the same sentence.

He must be @J0rdanL0ver on Twitter.  I didn't get into that type of discussion with him, as we were discussing Za'Darius, but there can't be many Packers fans that feel that way unless they have that handle and JordanLoveIsTheGOAT as their name.    

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He must be @J0rdanL0ver on Twitter.  I didn't get into that type of discussion with him, as we were discussing Za'Darius, but there can't be many Packers fans that feel that way unless they have that handle and JordanLoveIsTheGOAT as their name.    

lol Na im not on twitter. It was on a hockey forum. Declining his 5th year option should be enough evidence in how they think about him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sad People said:

lol Na im not on twitter. It was on a hockey forum. Declining his 5th year option should be enough evidence in how they think about him

I didn't necessarily say you were on Twitter, but it might be the same guy.  I'm generally only on Twitter (although I try to go elsewhere for political news, since it's now just become a  sewage plant) and here, but I'm certain there are quite a few people that post on several forums.