Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

While Doubs’ Love and Rodgers comp may have done enough to both excite and concern Green Bay faithful, the second-year wideout didn’t stop there when looking ahead to the future. 

Doubs: “I see it going up. I don’t see the Packers going down. I only focus on our room and our team in this organization. This organization is historic, and it’s only winning. That’s all. When you hear Green Bay, it’s no losing, it’s only winning.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/06/03/packers-romeo-doubs-bold-comparison-aaron-rodgers-jordan-love?fbclid=IwAR0UruAry8UG_51s8Myz7F3H2WJ7DVAW9qKHH8w1b08sURNaB-gaNdsFack

Doubs doubling down for the dubbya's...

While it's been a long time now, from their 2nd SB title (1967) to their 3rd (1996), there was a whole lotta losing...and let's not even get into the pre-Lombardi days, since only VD was around for that. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, swede700 said:

While it's been a long time now, from their 2nd SB title (1967) to their 3rd (1996), there was a whole lotta losing...and let's not even get into the pre-Lombardi days, since only VD was around for that. 

Our Commanding Officer, General Washington, perfected the Run and Shoot Offense.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Doubs: "Green Bay is all about winning"

*Goes 8-9 and misses the playoffsin his only year with the team*

That's why you can't go to a guy for a quote who's only played 1 year if you want to have any credibility.  Why not go to Aaron Jones or AJ Dillon, guys who actually have been there more than a year? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i enjoyed Greg Jennings' quotes.

He was a classic.  We've heard those same hints from Bakhtiari...and he's still on the roster.  I've always gotten the sense that the Packers run their organization like the Twins did for 20 yrs (except that it's the "Packers" Way) and the players aren't too fond of it. 

I think we'll see what happens with the team when they don't have a HoF level QB captaining the ship...and what a Matt LaFleur offense truly looks like with a QB that will actually run it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

One thing Packer fans have taken for granted was Rodger's insane TD to INT ratio.  They are in for a rude awakening this year when Love, even if he plays well, is going to throw a lot more picks than Rodgers ever has.

But Love is a generational talent. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...