Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

you have to read the replies in addition to just this ridiculous post.

this guy allllllmost redeemed himself, but then blew it at the end. badly:

Scratch@Scraxch001

I mean, yes, he has a higher ceiling because he has better physicals, but he won’t reach that ceiling. That would be a massive mark to hit, because if he became that he would be the best wr in the nfl, so that won’t happen. My personal high end comp for Watson is Randy Moss.

• Like 2

I remember in the old Madden games they had pro player comparisons for upcoming draft prospects.

The logic was so bad that every QB was either compared to Peyton Manning or Brady, and every receiver was either likened to Moss or Owens.

That guys post reminded me of this lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d have to believe that a RB like Dillon would have had to be included in any deal discussed. 

But then the Colts would be in the same situation...a soon-to-be free agent RB (as Dillon is in the last year of his deal too) who's going to want more than he's likely going to get.  And has no devotion to the Colts. 

Edited by swede700

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I think Aaron Jones would have been the RB going to Indy in the trade. 

And there'd be no incentive for the Colts to take his deal on, because they'd be getting similar salary for less performance...and a much older RB. 

35 minutes ago, swede700 said:

But then the Colts would be in the same situation...a soon-to-be free agent RB (as Dillon is in the last year of his deal too) who's going to want more than he's likely going to get.  And has no devotion to the Colts. 

But he’s not holding out

There are a number of pundits out there that believe the Packers will win more games this year without Aaron Rodgers than they did last season with him. I’m not one of them. Current games lines have the Packers favored in just 5 games this season, not far off my prediction of a 4-win season for the green and gold. Still, some think they could be a playoff team this year.

Be that as it may, the easiest part of the Packers schedule comes early on, before their early Week 6 bye week. Things get tougher after that when the Packers are favored in just one of their next 8 games. They have a couple easier matchups prior to the Vikings matchup Week 17, at which point they’ll likely be eliminated from playoff contention and could end up mailing it in at US Bank stadium. We’ll see.

The issue for the Packers is that all their skill position players in their passing offense have two years or less of starting experience. QB Jordan Love has just one start since being drafted in 2021, which is one more than slot receiver Jayden Reed and TE Luke Musgrave. Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs are the senior men now in the Packers’ passing offense- both are second year players. They combined for just over 1,000 receiving yards last year.

Given that, the Packers may be looking at running more of a play-action, run-heavy scheme this year compared to the Aaron Rodgers era. The Packers were reportedly interested in trading for Jonathan Taylor, despite having two good backs in Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon on the roster. Apparently the issue is that this may be the last year for Jones and the Packers are looking at opportunities to find his replacement.

Be that as it may, the Packers may find themselves with an anemic offense this season, and a team that can’t afford to fall behind in games, which would put increased pressure on their passing game.

Defensively, the Packers have a good unit on paper but also one that ranked 17th last year in points and yards allowed. They’re going to need more from that unit to stay competitive and I’m not sure they’ll get it. That could lead to a long season for the Packers but also put them in range to draft a top quarterback next year. In that sense it would be better if the Packers won 6-7 games this season than the four games I’m predicting.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2023/9/5/23857827/nfc-north-schedule-insights?fbclid=IwAR1-j_vf3hrqB55-Q6OPhfru9a40g1yXgP3HGlIk6XuoSLuVWdUZ7FqlDXg

• Like 1