Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

26 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think they’re mailing it in, but I think this is the beginning of the end of Mike McCarthy in Green Bay. 

I think even moreso, it's the beginning of the end of Ted Thompson in Green Bay, as this Rodgers' situation will tremendously expose how thin that organization is in talent...and how much has been covered up by Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy.  

Edited by disaacs

I think McCarthy goes before Thompson. Just the way things seem to work. 

Also, I have family in Green Bay who are scared that Rodgers may never play in a Packers uniform again. I think they are a little too “the sky is falling” right now. But they bring up some interesting conversation points. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I think McCarthy goes before Thompson. Just the way things seem to work. 

Also, I have family in Green Bay who are scared that Rodgers may never play in a Packers uniform again. I think they are a little too “the sky is falling” right now. But they bring up some interesting conversation points. 

Do tell.

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

I think even moreso, it's the beginning of the end of Ted Thompson in Green Bay, as this Rodgers' situation will tremendously expose how thin that organization is in talent...and how much has been covered up by Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy.  

I don't think Green Bay gets rid of either. However, I could see Thompson retiring.

36 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Do tell.

I can do a better write up later, but the jist of it is that they expect this coming offseason to be the one where Rodgers demands a new contract. This season is the last season with at guaranteed money on it, and they think he could ask for $30M annually. And with Ted Thompson’s ego, they think it will get ugly. Maybe to the point where Rodgers demands a trade. 

52 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

somewhere he can be closer to his family? oh wait...

Yeah, he'd probably want to get traded to the opposite side of the country from his family...so, NY Jets, anyone?  Why not make it 2 HOF QBs playing for the Jets right after the Packers?

18 hours ago, disaacs said:

Yeah, he'd probably want to get traded to the opposite side of the country from his family...so, NY Jets, anyone?  Why not make it 2 HOF QBs playing for the Jets right after the Packers?

Maybe Rodgers should just retire, then around mid-August he can start tossing footballs around with some high schools kids.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I can do a better write up later, but the jist of it is that they expect this coming offseason to be the one where Rodgers demands a new contract. This season is the last season with at guaranteed money on it, and they think he could ask for $30M annually. And with Ted Thompson’s ego, they think it will get ugly. Maybe to the point where Rodgers demands a trade. 

Interesting.  I didn't see something like that coming.  I figured we were stuck dealing with him for a few more years for sure.  Thanks.

On 10/25/2017 at 10:30 AM, Heimdallr said:

Um, we should try to sign Barclay... Even if he doesn't play this year that would be a good depth add next season

I heard he wasn't very good. Given their depth issue and the fact that they didn't keep him is telling.

One season won't be the end of McCarthy if they finish poorly this year. Yes, their struggles go back to 2015, but making the playoffs has allowed Green Bay to sweep them under the carpet.

I think its more likely that Dom Capers is fired and Thompson retires.

In an appearance that airs on “Conan” on Thursday night, Rodgers, who had surgery Oct. 19 in California, confesses that he now has, essentially, an entire Home Depot aisle of hardware holding his collarbone together. Rodgers faced off against O’Brien in his “Clueless Gamer” segment, but first Conan made the Green Bay Packers quarterback relive the hit that put him on the injured reserve list. Because who wouldn’t want to relive that?

“I rolled out to my right, I threw the ball, and I got tackled and kind of slammed on the ground, but I’m good now.” Rodgers, with his arm in a sling and a bandage visible under his shirt, said. “Thirteen screws later and here I am.”

A little later, in a text exchange with ESPN.com’s Jason Wilde, he was a little more coy, refusing to say how many screws were placed in his collarbone. “It’s TV. Sometimes you exaggerate. And then sometimes you tell the truth,” he joked with Wilde. His activities in the Los Angeles area? “Reading ‘Into the Wild’ with my feet in the sand at the beach, recovering.” With the Packers on their bye this week, he plans to return to Green Bay on Monday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/26/im-good-now-aaron-rodgers-now-has-13-screws-in-his-broken-collarbone/?utm_term=.13e901c9aad5