Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

Packers defensive tackle Kenny Clark had to be carted off with an ankle injury during Sunday’s loss to the Ravens, but the early indication is that he did not suffer a season-ending injury.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Clark suffered a high ankle sprain. He is expected to miss some time as a result of the injury, but Rapoport reports he should be back before the year is over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/20/report-kenny-clark-has-a-high-ankle-sprain/

Packers rookie running back Aaron Jones was apparently getting high even before he got elevated to the starting lineup. According to Michael Cohen of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jones was charged on Oct. 2, just before he made his first start against the Cowboys Oct. 8.

Jones was arrested after a traffic stop, during which he admitted smoking marijuana. He pleaded not guilty to charges of speeding, driving without a valid license and operating a vehicle with a controlled substance in his system, according to court records. He was clocked doing 79 mph in a 55-mph zone, the incident report said the officer observed Jones having bloodshot eyes, and that Jones admitted he smoked after breakfast.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/20/packers-running-back-arrested-before-he-made-his-first-start/

13 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Green Bay looked a lot better against the Steelers than they have in weeks. Are they becoming legit again, or did Pittsburgh just play really badly?

PITT plays down to their competition. They almost lost to Indy as well.

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Green Bay looked a lot better against the Steelers than they have in weeks. Are they becoming legit again, or did Pittsburgh just play really badly?

their first 2 TDs looked like broken plays. I didn't see the Adams TD but from what I heard it was like he was fielding a punt.

their last TD, and that whole drive was very impressive. 

5 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm fine with that. As I've said, I hope they linger long enough to not get a top 15 pick but still not be a real threat. If they could finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs, that would be ideal in my mind.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm fine with that. As I've said, I hope they linger long enough to not get a top 15 pick but still not be a real threat. If they could finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs, that would be ideal in my mind.

To finish 9-7, they'd have to beat the Vikings in Lambeau...are you fine with that?  xD

6 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Green Bay won the turnover battle 3-0.

That's the only reason the game was close.