My 1 and only Mock

Golfman

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

We'll be lucky if we have a shot to get him in round 2. I see no way we could get him beyond that. He's the real deal at WR. Also, I could have a lot of these guys a round or two too early or too late. It would not surprise me if there are a guy or two on my list who don't get drafted. I tend to value speed more than most. A little Al Davis in my, I guess. The one I'm really taking a flyer on (might not get drafted) is Matthew Thomas from Florida State. Reminds me of Telvin Smith who was a guy I really wanted in that draft a few years back. I knew that was the direction the linebacker position was going, smaller quicker and faster guys inside to cover TE's. 

Works for me.

You know me. I want some outside the box targeting of superior talents. Difference makers - not guys that "fit into a system" but then disappear into that system and you never hear their name on game day. I want guys you can build a system around. I research these guys far less than many on here and I'd never checked Kirk out. Although he's not a big as I'd like - he's got an "NFL build" already and some serious scoots to him.

My touchstone on these highlight tapes is Voch Lombardi. Before this offseason I'd never heard of the guy, but he gives simple, easy to understand evaluations of these guys from a players perspective.....and Kirk passed the "Lombardi test" :)

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Works for me.

You know me. I want some outside the box targeting of superior talents. Difference makers - not guys that "fit into a system" but then disappear into that system and you never hear their name on game day. I want guys you can build a system around. I research these guys far less than many on here and I'd never checked Kirk out. Although he's not a big as I'd like - he's got an "NFL build" already and some serious scoots to him.

My touchstone on these highlight tapes is Voch Lombardi. Before this offseason I'd never heard of the guy, but he gives simple, easy to understand evaluations of these guys from a players perspective.....and Kirk passed the "Lombardi test" :)

Voch is the man. He should have like twenty times the subs he has.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGFxp2JvE08LUSA0bRbdHKQ

Sub you bastards

Edit: I do disagree with him sometimes but he's so positive vibes, he's just easy to listen to. I don't like that guy that helps him sometimes now though. He's just noise to me lol

Very solid draft all the way through. My one question is on Kirk. Is he a slot only? Or do you see him as an outside guy? His frame suggests slot. Like the talent though. Seems like a more explosive Cobb.

7 hours ago, Lieker said:

Very solid draft all the way through. My one question is on Kirk. Is he a slot only? Or do you see him as an outside guy? His frame suggests slot. Like the talent though. Seems like a more explosive Cobb.

He's much more explosive Cobb. I think he can play outside, but would be the heir apparent to Cobb after this year. He's a football player who can make plays. 

10 hours ago, Lieker said:

I think his floor is a slot WR given his height and length.  I wouldn't pigeon hole him as just a slot guy just yet though.  I think he has the quickness, explosion and routing running ability to POSSIBLY have success on the outside.  Guys his like Antonio Brown, Steve Smith, TY Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, Brandon Cooks, ect... none are 6' and all have had success on the perimeter. 

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

He's much more explosive Cobb. I think he can play outside, but would be the heir apparent to Cobb after this year. He's a football player who can make plays. 

You new guys won't get this but playmakerzzzzz is what this team needs now that Ted is gone

I like the direction you took. Probably would go with some different guys in various spots but it's not like I couldn't live with this draft with the exception of Yiadom. I want to like him, but he seriously needs to hit the weightroom OMG....

10 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You new guys won't get this but playmakerzzzzz is what this team needs now that Ted is gone

LOL! You don't think Kirk is going to help out this WR group right away? Seriously?

12 hours ago, Golfman said:

LOL! You don't think Kirk is going to help out this WR group right away? Seriously?

I love Kirk. There used to be a meme here that Ted won't draft playmakerzzzzz but he's gone so Kirk time!

Archived