Your official Round 1 prediction

Superduperman

I'm going to call my shot and predict the Lions will trade out of the first round entirely, for a package which includes at least one high pick in 2019. Off the top of my head I'll say they trade with Denver for #40 plus a 2019 second rounder and another pick in this draft.

But! If they stay at 20 I predict:

Most likely: Landry

Less likely: Payne, Davenport, Guice

Wild card: Frank Ragnow

I am predicting that the Lions will trade down with a team like the Pats, Steelers or Saints who move up to take a QB.

Who I would like: Rashaan Evans, Da'Ron Payne, Isaiah Wynn

Targets they could draft: Taven Bryan, Maurice Hurst, Will Hernandez

Wild Card: Derrius Guice, Justin Reid

I've made my thoughts on Evans pretty clear. I also like Payne and can see him as a solid DL prospect for us. If we trade down and Wynn is available this would solidify us at LG.

Bryan has been getting JJ Watt comps. Maybe he winds up better than I expect. We've seen Hurst mocked to us for a while. Hernandez is an option if Wynn isn't available.

I just can't see the Lions taking a RB in the 1st round. MAYBE with a trade up for an extra 1st but it just doesn't make sense with only 6 picks. The Lions have visited with Reid and he is getting 1st round buzz. Could be an option with a trade down but unlikely.

10 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I'm going to call my shot and predict the Lions will trade out of the first round entirely, for a package which includes at least one high pick in 2019. Off the top of my head I'll say they trade with Denver for #40 plus a 2019 second rounder and another pick in this draft.

But! If they stay at 20 I predict:

Most likely: Landry

Less likely: Payne, Davenport, Guice

Wild card: Frank Ragnow

I could get on board with Landry but not sure if he makes it to us. It'd be wild to see us take an OC in the 1st.

Who I would like: Derrius Guice

Who it could be: Taven Bryan, Will Hernandez, Harold Landry, Marcus Davenport, Maurice Hurst, Da'Ron Payne, Vita Vea, Isaiah Wynn, Frank Ragnow, Sam Hubbard, Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Dallas Goedart, Hayden Hurst, Mike McGlinchey, Austin Corbett, Billy Price, Donte Jackson, 

I can see us trading for for with a team(pats, saints, steelers) for the "2nd tier" qbs that are projected rd 1 qbs. could see us trading down with Tenn for a guy they love... I hope well trade out of rd 1 and get a boat load of picks for next yr and get solid "football guys" for this draft, pick up a o-line guy or 2, d-line/edge a rb. maybe move AA for something.... how about AA for eli Apple? I want the FO to look at the big picture(in a way like the old browns/pats mang. did) with all those pick in the top 3.

48 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

So much depends on how everything shakes out.

I think they’re going to do something a bit different. If possible I think Quinn moves down.

I think they take the top rated defensive backfield player on their board.

What would be your initial response if they took someone like Jaire Alexander or Justin Reid in the 1st?

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

If they think the player warrants the pick...booya...I’m personally intrigued by Reid. 20 seems a bit high but with a trade back it works.

Building  a strong secondary can’t hurt in the NFC North.

If they're going to take a player in the secondary I would probably prefer one of the top level CB's like Jackson or Alexander. If they do go that route it would tell us their thoughts on Tabor after only the one year. I'm not sold on Tabor but I also didn't select him in the 2nd round. I wouldn't hate Reid in a trade down. Just depends on who else is there. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

If they're going to take a player in the secondary I would probably prefer one of the top level CB's like Jackson or Alexander. If they do go that route it would tell us their thoughts on Tabor after only the one year. I'm not sold on Tabor but I also didn't select him in the 2nd round. I wouldn't hate Reid in a trade down. Just depends on who else is there. 

I still really like Tabor but as even Quinn has stated several times teams are in nickel most of the time so it's not out of the question to spend a high pick on your third CB as teams are in nickel most of the time. 

22 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I still really like Tabor but as even Quinn has stated several times teams are in nickel most of the time so it's not out of the question to spend a high pick on your third CB as teams are in nickel most of the time. 

Do you see Tabor as our slot corner or are you thinking of taking a guy like Jackson or Alexander in that spot? 

Archived