Your official Round 1 prediction

Superduperman

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

PFF has Hurst as a Top 10 prospect. Will be interesting to see if he's available anywhere close to #20, if he goes Top 10 or drops into the 2nd.

I like him, but his stock seems to fluctuate everywhere you look. Who really knows, but I think he's definitely in play for #20. 

22 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

If they think the player warrants the pick...booya...I’m personally intrigued by Reid. 20 seems a bit high but with a trade back it works.

Building  a strong secondary can’t hurt in the NFC North.

Thats the best thing about this draft, it doesn't have the superstar talent at the top, but it's a very deep draft with quality starting caliber players. Alot of guys would make solid building blocks. It's very hard to draft wrong in the first 3 rounds of this one. 

I would be pleased with about 15 different guys. 

Landry is getting hyped pretty well and seems to be moving up draft boards.  Love it if he's there at 20, but I don't think so. I like moving back in the 1st rnd, maybe to 31 w/ the Pats, get a mid rnd pick this year and a 2019 pick.  I could see Winn or Hernandez there.  Staying at #20 Payne or Bryan.  I think you can still strike gold in the 3rd rnd for a RB.  Kareem Hunt went in the 3rd last year.

3 hours ago, ManeLine said:

I like him, but his stock seems to fluctuate everywhere you look. Who really knows, but I think he's definitely in play for #20. 

It was the first time that I had heard from a legitimate source about Hurst being ranked that high. I agree he's in play at 20 but don't see him going top 15.

Will be interesting to see

On 4/23/2018 at 5:55 PM, Karnage84 said:

Do you see Tabor as our slot corner or are you thinking of taking a guy like Jackson or Alexander in that spot? 

I see Tabor on the outside but can cover the big slot WR like Bolden or Fitz. I see Jackson as only an outside CB. I see Alexander being able to line up anywhere. Reminds me of a more advanced slay coming out. But somehow cockier.

19 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Thats the best thing about this draft, it doesn't have the superstar talent at the top, but it's a very deep draft with quality starting caliber players. Alot of guys would make solid building blocks. It's very hard to draft wrong in the first 3 rounds of this one. 

I would be pleased with about 15 different guys. 

This is definitely a draft where additional picks in the first three rounds are valuable. It’s the kind of draft where there’s lots of good players to round out a roster.

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

This is definitely a draft where additional picks in the first three rounds are valuable. It’s the kind of draft where there’s lots of good players to round out a roster.

I would love to trade back. I wouldn't mind 4 or 5 picks in the first three rounds, even if it meant moving our 5th rd pick and having fewer picks overall. 

18 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It was the first time that I had heard from a legitimate source about Hurst being ranked that high. I agree he's in play at 20 but don't see him going top 15.

Will be interesting to see

I will be tremendously upset if the draft a TE at 20. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I would love to trade back. I wouldn't mind 4 or 5 picks in the first three rounds, even if it meant moving our 5th rd pick and having fewer picks overall. 

I agree 100%. 4 or 5 picks would be ideal. There’s an opportunity for every pick to be a starter or a big improvement in depth. 

8 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I will be tremendously upset if the draft a TE at 20. 

This was in reference to Maurice and not Hayden. I would be equally upset if we take a TE within our first two picks and we haven't traded down for more.

8 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I agree 100%. 4 or 5 picks would be ideal. There’s an opportunity for every pick to be a starter or a big improvement in depth. 

If you can be certain of your evaluations and luck works out medically, then it would work wonderfully. It just usually isn't the case and there's a better chance of hitting when you have more picks. Then again the Browns have shown that a ton of picks doesn't always mean things work out so who knows.  

On 4/23/2018 at 8:29 PM, Millenhater said:

Jaire Alexander. I think the value will be too good to pass up. I really want Landry but I think he will be long gone. 

I wouldn't be upset, but I doubt they go corner that early unless the rest of their board is torn apart, which I doubt happens. 

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If you can be certain of your evaluations and luck works out medically, then it would work wonderfully. It just usually isn't the case and there's a better chance of hitting when you have more picks. Then again the Browns have shown that a ton of picks doesn't always mean things work out so who knows.  

You’re absolutely correct.

I expect any GM trading down is confident in his scouting staff and medical issues are the same regardless where a player is selected. 

Im a big believer in having as many top 100 picks as possible because it’s generally regarded as the sweet spot. 

I believe the Lions would benefit by increasing competency in a number of positions rather than adding big name prospects.

I'm not sure I’m saying it right but I think you get what I mean.

This is the first draft in a few years that I’m excited about.?

Archived