Your official Round 1 prediction

Superduperman

3 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

You’re absolutely correct.

I expect any GM trading down is confident in his scouting staff and medical issues are the same regardless where a player is selected. 

Im a big believer in having as many top 100 picks as possible because it’s generally regarded as the sweet spot. 

I believe the Lions would benefit by increasing competency in a number of positions rather than adding big name prospects.

I'm not sure I’m saying it right but I think you get what I mean.

This is the first draft in a few years that I’m excited about.?

*However, if they stay at #20, I want Derrius Guice :P

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

You’re absolutely correct.

I expect any GM trading down is confident in his scouting staff and medical issues are the same regardless where a player is selected. 

Im a big believer in having as many top 100 picks as possible because it’s generally regarded as the sweet spot. 

I believe the Lions would benefit by increasing competency in a number of positions rather than adding big name prospects.

I'm not sure I’m saying it right but I think you get what I mean.

This is the first draft in a few years that I’m excited about.?

I always drink the Kool-Aid and get excited about the draft. It's a blessing and a curse.

I think that Quinn has demonstrated that already to some extent. When he selected Golloday I was not too happy about it but reserved judgment as KG was apparently coveted by other teams in that spot. I think most mocks had him in the 5th? or so. So far he has looked to be a very promising piece for the future. He was definitely not a name that the fans loved and definitely not in the 3rd.

4 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I would be totally fine with that, especially if they draft a road grader in the 2nd.?

Absolutely.

I just think having a RB is the one thing on offense that we lack. If we can address that with the top guy available, we can go defense the rest of the way which is where we need the most work. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I always drink the Kool-Aid and get excited about the draft. It's a blessing and a curse.

I think that Quinn has demonstrated that already to some extent. When he selected Golloday I was not too happy about it but reserved judgment as KG was apparently coveted by other teams in that spot. I think most mocks had him in the 5th? or so. So far he has looked to be a very promising piece for the future. He was definitely not a name that the fans loved and definitely not in the 3rd.

Our reactions were the same! Now I’m really excited about Golladay and how good he can become. 

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

LOL....you wordsmith, you.?

That's my campaign slogan.

If we are running an offense that wants to utilize a workhorse RB and we need to find our Todd Gurley, then Guice would make sense. The team has said that they want to go with a RBBC approach, Patricia and Quinn come from the Pats who employ that method. History has shown that you can get RB's in later rounds. If they aren't going to be "the guy", then it also wouldn't make sense to invest a lot into the one guy. Upgrading the OL with a guy like Wynn or Hernandez and adding someone like Chubb later on would likely have a better effect on the run game as opposed to just adding Guice.

If the team takes Guice in the 1st then I'm not going to be pissed about it. We need a RB and he is likely the best available in that spot. I just would wonder how they plan on addressing the other holes on the team which are more significant IMO.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

That's my campaign slogan.

If we are running an offense that wants to utilize a workhorse RB and we need to find our Todd Gurley, then Guice would make sense. The team has said that they want to go with a RBBC approach, Patricia and Quinn come from the Pats who employ that method. History has shown that you can get RB's in later rounds. If they aren't going to be "the guy", then it also wouldn't make sense to invest a lot into the one guy. Upgrading the OL with a guy like Wynn or Hernandez and adding someone like Chubb later on would likely have a better effect on the run game as opposed to just adding Guice.

If the team takes Guice in the 1st then I'm not going to be pissed about it. We need a RB and he is likely the best available in that spot. I just would wonder how they plan on addressing the other holes on the team which are more significant IMO.

I think the variables in this draft are what makes it 8nteresting. 

20 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I just would wonder how they plan on addressing the other holes on the team which are more significant IMO.

With the rest of their picks. ;) And IMO, being 32nd in the league in rushing and not being able to kill the clock is a very significant hole/need. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

With the rest of their picks. ;) And IMO, being 32nd in the league in rushing and not being able to kill the clock is a very significant hole/need. 

Agree wholeheartedly. Adding another piece on the OL and a later round RB + Blount should be the needed upgrade and address that issue for me. We just don't need to be a Top 10 rushing team.

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Agree wholeheartedly. Adding another piece on the OL and a later round RB + Blount should be the needed upgrade and address that issue for me. We just don't need to be a Top 10 rushing team.

See, I think the OL can be addressed day 2. Austin Corbett, Will Clapp, Connor Williams, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, etc

IMO:

Barkley top 5

-------------- 

Guice top 20

------------- top 20

Michel

Chubb

Penny

------------- 2nd rd but gone by our pick

40 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

See, I think the OL can be addressed day 2. Austin Corbett, Will Clapp, Connor Williams, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, etc

IMO:

Barkley top 5

-------------- 

Guice top 20

------------- top 20

Michel

Chubb

Penny

------------- 2nd rd but gone by our pick

You still have Ronald Jones, Kerryon Johnson, available by then. I don't know if I would rank Penny much higher than Johnson. I'm sure Michel is going to be a solid player but I don't feel like he fits what we need. Blount is a temporary placeholder. A guy with a little more size and power that can move the chains fits that bill IMO.

Archived