Draft "What ifs"

elliot878

2 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

It’s gotta be Rosen at this point 

If we were to trade down with Buffalo, and Buffalo made the mistake of drafting Josh Allen (unless Cleveland makes that mistake). There aren't really any teams between 6 and 12 that would have interest in a QB.  Arizona or New England would be the teams to watch trading up for whoever is left.

14 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

If we were to trade down with Buffalo, and Buffalo made the mistake of drafting Josh Allen (unless Cleveland makes that mistake). There aren't really any teams between 6 and 12 that would have interest in a QB.  Arizona or New England would be the teams to watch trading up for whoever is left.

Am I stupid for kinda being okay with Allen at 12, despite not wanting him at all at 5? I know some are higher on him than me, but I would be disappointed with him at 5. Grabbing an extra pick at 22nd, and hopefully another 2nd/3rd helps lessen the blow. 

39 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

Apparently teams are falling in love with Allen's ceiling (which undeniably is the highest, just the floor is so very low), and in CLE & BUF's case, his arm strength and size in the bad weather.   It totally ignores the problem that bad weather accentuates inaccurate throwers' problems even more than just meh-arm strength guys IMO.   

Just now, Broncofan said:

Apparently teams are falling in love with Allen's ceiling (which undeniably is the highest, just the floor is so very low), and in CLE & BUF's case, his arm strength and size in the bad weather.   It totally ignores the problem that bad weather accentuates inaccurate throwers even more than just meh-arm strength guys IMO.   

I don't see how they could take him #1, just doesn't jive to me.  I still think its Darnold.  But if Allen/Mayfield go #1 & #3, that leaves Denver with a selection of: Darnold, Rosen, Barkley, Nelson, and Chubb at #5, depending on NYG.  And that would make my very happy to add one of those guys come draft day

7 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I don't see how they could take him #1, just doesn't jive to me.  I still think its Darnold.  But if Allen/Mayfield go #1 & #3, that leaves Denver with a selection of: Darnold, Rosen, Barkley, Nelson, and Chubb at #5, depending on NYG.  And that would make my very happy to add one of those guys come draft day

Trust me, I won't believe CLE is taking anyone but Darnold until I see it.  But there's literally no reason for Allen-CLE to be fed to the press, it doesn't help CLE in any way, shape or form.  It doesn't help them smokescreen anyone, no one is trading up to take Allen 1.1.  And we know Allen is GM Dorsey's type of player, and they have Tyrod for 2018.   So it's not the impossibility one would surmise from scouting the guys conventionally.

Still, I'll only believe CLE will take Allen when I see it.  But I will be blunt - I'll breathe a sigh of relief if that happens, it will take that choice away from Elway.

Archived