College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

If we still need a korterbk next year, me likey that Rosen guy.  I wonder if his bad press could make him fall to the 2nd round.  I'd almost grab him there even if Deshone looks like the guy; we could be the anti-Browns for the next decade, being a passer factory.

Is it too early to start salivating over all our draft picks?  

What positions do you guys see us targeting early next year other than qb?

CB perhaps, but we have some young guys who could develop.

WR is still a need IMO.

FS looks weak on paper.

LB? Collins and Kirksey should be nearing "over the hill" status when a 2018 pick is due for an extension.

LT? I mean, if one's there, how much longer do we wait to grab Joe's replacement?

5 top 64 picks is nuts...

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

If we still need a korterbk next year, me likey that Rosen guy.  I wonder if his bad press could make him fall to the 2nd round.  I'd almost grab him there even if Deshone looks like the guy; we could be the anti-Browns for the next decade, being a passer factory.

Is it too early to start salivating over all our draft picks?  

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/23/9604662/ucla-hot-tub-josh-rosen-damn-you-college-kids

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What positions do you guys see us targeting early next year other than qb?

CB perhaps, but we have some young guys who could develop.

WR is still a need IMO.

FS looks weak on paper.

LB? Collins and Kirksey should be nearing "over the hill" status when a 2018 pick is due for an extension.

LT? I mean, if one's there, how much longer do we wait to grab Joe's replacement?

5 top 64 picks is nuts...

I think we badly want Trumaine Johnson.

As crazy as this sounds, I won't rule out drafting another 1st round defensive end if Ogbah and Nassib don't produce.

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think we badly want Trumaine Johnson.

As crazy as this sounds, I won't rule out drafting another 1st round defensive end if Ogbah and Nassib don't produce.

I disagree on both points.

Johnson will be a 28 year old CB, not sure I'd sink a ton of money into him.

Also, a pair of top 32 picks and a 65th pick at one position in two years is plenty of talent, they needed some time to develop IMO. 

If we have the opportunity, we should take one of the blue chip QB's irregardless of our situation at the end of the year. 
Otherwise WR is an issue we need to address. 
Then probably CB, FS, OT with our early picks. 

Laso we need some more 2019 picks. 

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I disagree on both points.

Johnson will be a 28 year old CB, not sure I'd sink a ton of money into him.

Also, a pair of top 32 picks and a 65th pick at one position in two years is plenty of talent, they needed some time to develop IMO. 

I understand not wanting Trumaine. However, if Nassib has less than 3 sacks, we NEED a 3rd pass rusher and potentially a #2 guy.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Also, as crazy as this sounds. I wouldn't mind using Ogbah like a Justin Tuck, even if he produces well at DE.

Yeah I definitely think drafting a pure pass rush type of guy in say the 3rdvriund would make sense. There's a guy out of Ole miss named Marquis Haynes that could fit the bill, or a guy like Harold Landry if you want one early. I think they like Ogbah enough to not draft a DE with a super early pick  

My ideal draft next year is a first round of

Derwin James FS Florida State

Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

then in the second go 

Tackle

Receiver

Corner 

James and Barkley would be sexy as hell.

2 blue chippers would be incredible, but I could definitely see them moving a first rounder for picks the next year.

As it stands we're flush in 2018 but lacking by their standards in 2019.  I'd imagine they'll remedy that next spring.

Archived