College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I understand not wanting Trumaine. However, if Nassib has less than 3 sacks, we NEED a 3rd pass rusher and potentially a #2 guy.

Maybe, but I can't see spending a third top 32 pick in 3 consecutive years on the same position.  Matt Millen isn't running things.

Especially with another first rounder at DT, a 65 at end AND DT and a 2nd/3rd round talent at DT all added in the last 3 drafts in addition to Garrett and Ogbah.

You gotta give these guys time to grow IMO.

My 2018 targets in R1:

QB: Sam Darnold/Josh Allen/Josh Rosen/Lamar Jackson

RB: Saquon Barkley/Derrius Guice

WR: Deon Cain

OT: Connor Williams/Orlando Brown/Mike McGlinchey

CB: Tarvarus McFadden

FS: Derwin James

Based on positional importance, given I'd be happy with any of these guys...

Top 12:

Sam Darnold

Josh Allen

Saquon Barkley

Derwin James

Deon Cain

Josh Rosen

Tarvarus McFadden

Connor Williams

Mike McGlinchey

Orlando Brown

Derrius Guice

Lamar Jackson

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

My 2018 targets in R1:

QB: Sam Darnold/Josh Allen/Josh Rosen/Lamar Jackson

RB: Saquon Barkley/Derrius Guice

WR: Deon Cain

OT: Connor Williams/Orlando Brown/Mike McGlinchey

CB: Tarvarus McFadden

FS: Derwin James

Top 12:

Sam Darnold

Josh Allen

Saquon Barkley

Derwin James

Deon Cain

Josh Rosen

Tarvarus McFadden

Connor Williams

Mike McGlinchey

Orlando Brown

Derrius Guice

Lamar Jackson

Very solid list.  You have all the guys I'm most excited about on there.  That said, imagine if Deshone ends up being the next David Carr, as some like myself are hoping/foreseeing.  Imagine if Crowell takes the next step this year and starts to resemble Marshawn in more than just appearance :D.  Imagine if somehow Josh  Gordon comes back this year and recommits & is recommitted to.  Now imagine Houston is who some of us think they are and land us a top-10 pick.  Then imagine we trade down and get a haul for a passer in a very strong year for passers.  Finally imagine us trading up and ending up with three first rounders again next year and a future 1st and more for the 2019 draft.  It all could happen and I believe it will. 

Go Browns.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I'd include Minkah Fitzpatrick, Courtland Sutton, and James Washington.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm not usually a fan of Bama players, but I love Fitzpatrick.

Yeah Minkah would be a perfect player for Greg Williams like a Free safety corner chess piece 

16 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Top 12:

Sam Darnold

Josh Allen

Saquon Barkley

Derwin James

Deon Cain

Josh Rosen

Tarvarus McFadden

Connor Williams

Mike McGlinchey

Orlando Brown

Derrius Guice

Lamar Jackson

I would say Christian Kirk deserves to be on that list. 

It would be funny for the browns to draft him Kirk. The Browns would have a christian kirk and a christian kirksey

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Very solid list.  You have all the guys I'm most excited about on there.  That said, imagine if Deshone ends up being the next David Carr, as some like myself are hoping/foreseeing.  Imagine if Crowell takes the next step this year and starts to resemble Marshawn in more than just appearance :D.  Imagine if somehow Josh  Gordon comes back this year and recommits & is recommitted to.  Now imagine Houston is who some of us think they are and land us a top-10 pick.  Then imagine we trade down and get a haul for a passer in a very strong year for passers.  Finally imagine us trading up and ending up with three first rounders again next year and a future 1st and more for the 2019 draft.  It all could happen and I believe it will. 

Go Browns.

I'm pretty sure you meant Derek, not David Carr.  

10 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I'm pretty sure you meant Derek, not David Carr.  

Maybe I was just being..."goofy".  Or maybe I saw truly the amazing passer who could have been had he not taken so many hits on a team that just wasn't ready for his greatness.
Or umm...yeah, I did mean Derek.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Guys like Barkley and James are gonna destroy the SPARQ scores. I will be shocked if Barkley doesn't score 85+% and I'd say he's dang close to 90%

I would have no issue if the browns decided to use their first 5 picks to somehow draft Barkley and James. 

James and Pepper at safety would be pretty intimidating for opposing offenses. 

I would then like to see the Browns have a Crowell/Barkley two headed rushing attack! 

Just think about it, it be the 80s all over again. Browns have a secondary that is striking the fear into opponents. Instead of starting the bark, they are bring back the bite! Crow and Bark are Mack and Byner. 80s was lead by a QB who was a local boy from Y-town, to the resurgence being lead by the local boy from Toledo. 

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mike Mcglinchey is a name to keep an eye on with Houstons pick. He can start at RT next year and be Joes replacement.

I think OT is very, very likely going to be one of our first four picks. We have enough of them to have the luxury of looking toward the future.

Archived