College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

5 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think OT is very, very likely going to be one of our first four picks. We have enough of them to have the luxury of looking toward the future.

If we become a power run spread type of offense (what the Titans run) I think we'd take Mcglinchey and a guy like Bo Scarborough.

On August 12, 2017 at 6:40 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

I think OT is very, very likely going to be one of our first four picks. We have enough of them to have the luxury of looking toward the future.

If they really believe it takes a year or two to truly develop a lineman, it's not even really that early.  

I'd rather they draft one a year early as opposed to a year too late.

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If they really believe it takes a year or two to truly develop a lineman, it's not even really that early.  

I'd rather they draft one a year early as opposed to a year too late.

I think this is very dependent on how Coleman looks at RT this year and if they think he could replace Joe in the more immediate future.  However, I expect Joe to play another 3-4 years at least. Especially if he starts to see the team making strides to being a competitive team.

24 minutes ago, EL Brownso said:

I think this is very dependent on how Coleman looks at RT this year and if they think he could replace Joe in the more immediate future.  However, I expect Joe to play another 3-4 years at least. Especially if he starts to see the team making strides to being a competitive team.

Honestly 

I think unless we go above 7-9 Joe leaves after the season

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If Kizer and Myles pan out and reach their ceilings, I say the Browns can trade down like crazy. We'd have the answer for the 2 most important positions in football. 

We could see 6 picks in the first 2 rounds.

1. FS Derwin James (trade down picking up a 2nd and future 3rd)

1. DT Christian Watkins

1. DE Sam Hubbard (Trade up with 2nd, 4th, 6th future 3rd)

2. OT Mitch Hyatt

2. CB Adonis Alexander

2. WR Paris Campbell

3. ILB Michah Kiser

QB Kizer/Kessler

RB Crowell/Johnson/Dayes

TE Njoku/DeValve/Telfair

WR Gordon/Coleman/Britt/Campbell/Louis

LT Thomas/Hyatt

LG Bitonio/Drango

C Tretter/Reiter

RG Zeitler/Greco

RT Coleman/Johnson

DE Ogbah/Orchard/Nassib

DT Shelton/Ogunjobi

DT Watkins/Brantley/Coley

DE Garrett/Hubbard

OLB Collins/Burgess

MLB Schobert/Kiser

OLB Kirksey/Alexander

CB Haden/Taylor/Wilson

FS James/Kindred/McCourtey

SS Peppers/Campbell

CB Boddy-Calhoun/Alexander

Add in a FA or two and we could be building something serious here.

18 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

WR Gordon/Coleman/Britt/Campbell/Louis

Right now, anything to do with this kid is a pipe dream. He has caused his career to go up in smoke.  He either needs to poo or get off the pot.  To put it bluntly, I don't know if he will ever be the budding prospect he was. He needs to get his head out of the weeds. I have to admit it though, when he played he tore up the joint.

I'm neither a yay or nay on the mary jane.  But this kid could have been something special.  Now he hasn't played in a long, long time.  I wish him well but I doubt we ever see him in the NFL again and if we do I don't think he is the player he was.  I hope I'm wrong but I guess only time will tell.

Honestly, even if we do have a viable QBOTF (Huge assumption here), we desperately need help at:

1. WR: I personally HATE our WR corps. I wasn't a huge fan of Coleman when we drafted him, but I hope he proves me wrong. Britt is a nice 1-2 year stopgap and average at best #2 WR. We still need a legit game breaking #1.

2. Secondary: Especially at the CB spots and potentially at FS as well

Then, there are some "wait and see" type things, such as:

*QB

*OL/Depth, namely RT pending Shon Coleman and potentially JT's replacement. We'll also see if Bitonio can stay healthy and if Tretter shows he's the man at C.

*RB: Make or break for the Crow this year

DL: Hopefully Brantley/other youngsters like Ogunjobi are legit. Shelton had a wretched preseason game the other day. How a 350 pounder can get moved around like that blows my mind.

This is assuming all of our 1st rounders pan out well at DE, S, and TE.

Fair, but most of that is in areas we didn't necessarily address like at CB, or where even if the guys we picked up DO pan out, age will require upgrades sooner rather than later. About the only guy I'm assuming does NOT pan out is Coleman, but as stated, I hope he proves me wrong. I see him as an injury prone glorified slot and gimmick guy like Tavon Austin. That's just me though. Hopefully he's the next Antonio Brown or OBJ.

I don't consider offensive line a need. Coleman just has to be average. You can find a average guy in free agency. We might need a runningback, but that's a low priority need unless you want a monster.

I strongly agree about WR and secondary. Even if Coleman works out, that unit will be painful to watch.

I am slightly mixed on d-line. I think we will need another defensive end.

I think our DL will be fine. We have a slew of UT's that I love and it looks like Orchard is coming along nicely as the 4th DE on the roster. Shelton irritates me, but he's good enough to start on most teams.

I also hate our WR's. Too many meh guys there. I agree that Kenny Britt is a band-aid over a hole that only a true #1 WR can fill. I was lukewarm on Coleman at best, but he will be fine as a #2 WR IMO. I don't like any of our other young WR's below the two starters (Louis, Higgins, Payton...). I would like to get a true #1 and a better #2. Coleman as a slot WR would be NASTY.  I was really holding out hope for a WR group of:

Gordon/Pryor/Coleman

And obviously our DB's are pretty crappy. I'd be shocked if Haden was on this team in 2018 and the rest of our DB's are nickel/dime guys at best.

Archived