College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I think the WR issue is smaller than we realize because we're going to roll with a lot of two TE sets. So in those, we'd only need two WR's if we are throwing a RB out too. In that situation, Coleman/Britt is an adequate outside duo. Could we upgrade there? Sure, and I think that would be a good idea with the level of resources that we have, but I don't think it's a desperate situation. That said, we actually (assuming Kizer pans out) don't have many desperate needs right now. This roster has taken huuuuuge steps forward and is actually looking pretty solid. We could use a LT of the future or RT, a FS/SS depending on where Peppers ends up, maybe a Mike but they don't play a ton in Williams' defense anyway, a WR upgrade, a backup NT, a #1/2 CB depending on how good BBC gets, and maybe a 4th pass rusher. That's not even close to the needs we were looking at two years ago. 

20 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think the WR issue is smaller than we realize because we're going to roll with a lot of two TE sets. So in those, we'd only need two WR's if we are throwing a RB out too. In that situation, Coleman/Britt is an adequate outside duo. Could we upgrade there? Sure, and I think that would be a good idea with the level of resources that we have, but I don't it's a desperate situation. That said, we actually (assuming Kizer pans out) don't have many desperate needs right now. This roster has taken huuuuuge steps forward and is actually looking pretty solid. We could use a LT of the future or RT, a FS/SS depending on where Peppers ends up, maybe a Mike but they don't play a ton in Williams' defense anyway, a WR upgrade, a backup NT, a #1/2 CB depending on how good BBC gets, and maybe a 4th pass rusher. That's not even close to the needs we were looking at two years ago. 

I also expect to see Devalve and Njoku off the line a lot.  We basically drafted a 1st round WR this year.  He can line up and block but that isn't going to be his main contribution to the offense. 

9 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think the WR issue is smaller than we realize because we're going to roll with a lot of two TE sets. So in those, we'd only need two WR's if we are throwing a RB out too. In that situation, Coleman/Britt is an adequate outside duo. Could we upgrade there? Sure, and I think that would be a good idea with the level of resources that we have, but I don't think it's a desperate situation. That said, we actually (assuming Kizer pans out) don't have many desperate needs right now. This roster has taken huuuuuge steps forward and is actually looking pretty solid. We could use a LT of the future or RT, a FS/SS depending on where Peppers ends up, maybe a Mike but they don't play a ton in Williams' defense anyway, a WR upgrade, a backup NT, a #1/2 CB depending on how good BBC gets, and maybe a 4th pass rusher. That's not even close to the needs we were looking at two years ago. 

Yeah just for errbody's fyi I'm hearing the term "pass catcher" out of camp. Sounds like we are grouping TEs with WRs. Is it something?

11 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb by myself and say Derwin James is not a FS

I'm crushing on James hard this year. 

So since I'm my mind we've basically drafted him I'm interested in the thought of Peppers as a free safety. He's been lining up there. So whatever we would need to do to make James work I'd want that to happen. 

WR Calvin Ridley 

FS Minkah Fitzpatrick 

CB Tre McFadden 

UT Ed Oliver 

are all guys I really like. Next year. I think even if we draft high we'll trade down because of ppl trying to trade up for QBS. Gain an extra 2nd and 1st next year. Hopefully. I'd love to somehow get three 1sts again next year. That would be outstanding. Because I think next year is when we make the jump to playoff contender 

Archived