College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

So is Barkley going to start to drop down boards a little now? Is a Darnold and Barkley first round without trading up at all looking possible?!

With the Texans in trouble it might happen

It's not impossible. I wouldn't say it's likely. But it's not impossible.

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

It's not impossible. I wouldn't say it's likely. But it's not impossible.

I don't think we're going to get both of those players.

8-8 teams don't usually get to pick a QB up that high.

Wait a minute.  What the hell am I thinking?

Yeah, we've got a real shot at that.

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

1 Alabama

2 Clemson

3 Oklahoma 

4 Miami

Wow

Lots more fun to come. Auburn/Bama should be an intriguing matchup in a few weeks. Then conference title games should be especially good this year. Miami/Clemson could be good. I’m hoping the Canes advance. I also don’t really care to see multiple teams from a conference advancing, but that’s just me. Right now, my money is on Bama, Miami, Oklahoma, and an unknown non-condeference winner, either ACC/SEC. I see Wisky losing to OSU and as a result don’t see a PAC/Big Ten team making it.

Here’s how I think OSU could make it

1. Alabama, Oklahoma, and Miami win out. That would eliminate Auburn and Clemson for us because Clemson’s SOS would be garbage compared to us at that point. They’d also have 2 losses.

2. Washington wins the pac 12. That eliminates USC and Washington’s resume won’t stack up to OSU. Another USC loss hurts Notre Dame. Another loss by Georgia hurts Notre Dame too.

3. OSU wins out, duh.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Well, 49ers are up 11 on the Giants in the fourth quarter, so let me be the first to say congrats on the number one pick, guys! Make sure you take the right quarterback. 

As if it were ever in question.

Typical delusional 9ers fan who think they can out-tank the Browns. ;)

I'd like to see the NY Giants and 49ers each win another game or two. It would be the Cleveland Brownsiest thing ever for this team to win a random November/December game or worse, two and lose out on what little hope that we'd have this season...the 2018 #1 overall draft pick.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'd like to see the NY Giants and 49ers each win another game or two. It would be the Cleveland Brownsiest thing ever for this team to win a random November/December game or worse, two and lose out on what little hope that we'd have this season...the 2018 #1 overall draft pick.

It is not impossible that we win one game. Teams treat us like jokes and are already marking down a win on their schedule before they even plays us. That overconfidence and a lack of any emotion on their football team, sets them up for an upset, but it will come against a good opponent not a weak one. That's how weak teams upset contenders.

Unfortunately, our fans will think we actually accomplished something and have thus improved, when in fact, it has zero to do with that. Winning in sports is directly connected to emotion and when you play emotionless teams, they are always ripe for an upset.

Archived