College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Still have no interest in Barkley in the top 5....

I love Barkley and think that he's dynamic enough to warrant a Top 5 pick

BUT

RB is more of a luxury for us right now as we desperately need QB and WR help first, plus this draft is extremely deep in the RB department (Chubb, Harris, Guice, Michel, Love, Adams) and we could get major value in the 2nd/3rd round here. (See: Kareem Hunt).

I'd be happy with Barkley at 5 and wouldn't be the least upset, but he wouldn't be my first choice personally.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I love Barkley and think that he's dynamic enough to warrant a Top 5 pick

BUT

RB is more of a luxury for us right now as we desperately need QB and WR help first, plus this draft is extremely deep in the RB department (Chubb, Harris, Guice, Michel, Love, Adams) and we could get major value in the 2nd/3rd round here. (See: Kareem Hunt).

I'd be happy with Barkley at 5 and wouldn't be the least upset, but he wouldn't be my first choice personally.

My thoughts as well, too much depth to spend a top 5 pick on a back.

Also, at what point is his production going to be mentioned? 3 100 yard games?

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If we draft a QB at 1, I’m okay with Derwin James with the Houston pick. However, after him I want all offensive talent.

Gross. Why would we waste a Top 7 selection on a SS/LB type when we already have one in Jabrill Peppers playing out of position? How about we find a real FS so Peppers can be placed back at SS where he can play in the box and in 1v1 coverage and actually win the match up unlike Kindred who was toasted yesterday.

Teams are game planning just to take out Barkley when he isn't reaching 100 on the ground he is still producing in the pass game. I am, however, fine with passing on Barkley in the Top 5 for one simple reason. Josh Adams is a tank and I am liking him and his running style more and more. He has very good vision and he makes one cut and gets down hill hard and runs through would be arm tackles with ease(Isaiah Crowell gets tackled by fingers).

18 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Teams are game planning just to take out Barkley when he isn't reaching 100 on the ground he is still producing in the pass game. I am, however, fine with passing on Barkley in the Top 5 for one simple reason. Josh Adams is a tank and I am liking him and his running style more and more. He has very good vision and he makes one cut and gets down hill hard and runs through would be arm tackles with ease(Isaiah Crowell gets tackled by fingers).

Aren't great players still expected to produce?

Didnt teams gameplan for guys like AP, Tomlinson, etc?

206 touches for 1423 yards and 14 touchdowns. He is still producing very well just not how you want him to produce.

No one that I had ever watched before or since has been close to the same level as Adrian Peterson and I am more than positive if Barkley played a powder puff schedule like Tomlinson did in college then he would have double the production he has right now.

12 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Ladainian Tomlinson averaged 5.7 yards from scrimmage as a senior against a weak schedule. SaQuan Barkley is averageing 6.9 yards from scrimmage this year.

LT wasn't featured in the pass game at all. The 5.7 was his YPC. He had 370 ish carries for almost 2200 RUSHING yards.

Barkley's yards per touch is aided by the fact he's featured in the pass game.

57 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Gross. Why would we waste a Top 7 selection on a SS/LB type when we already have one in Jabrill Peppers playing out of position? How about we find a real FS so Peppers can be placed back at SS where he can play in the box and in 1v1 coverage and actually win the match up unlike Kindred who was toasted yesterday.

Because Derwin has the instincts to play FS

Barkley is third in his CONFERENCE in rushing yards and not even in the same hemisphere as the top guys in YPC.

Im not saying he sucks, but at what point do folks look at his production and perhaps consider he's not a one man wrecking crew capable of saving our run game all by himself like some think he is?

Archived