College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

@candyman93 I would also agree with you on those names above.

With our projected cap space looking solid (and I personally think this is going to be make or break for Haden this year with his atrocious contract and Brock definitely not back next year), we could make several big splashes in free agency again next year, not to mention the plethora of draft picks, 5 of which are 1sts/2nds...which I would almost bet we parlay into more high picks again in 2019. 

Anybody think there could possibly be a trade to get Aaron Donald if this contract situation can't get figured out. 

Donald for Texans first could make sense. LA is moving to a 34 so im not sure how well he fits in. He's a great player of course but this contract situation is making things tough 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Anybody think there could possibly be a trade to get Aaron Donald if this contract situation can't get figured out. 

Donald for Texans first could make sense. LA is moving to a 34 so im not sure how well he fits in. He's a great player of course but this contract situation is making things tough 

Aaron Donald fits every defense.

First mock of 2017.

1. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

1. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

2. Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

2. Jordan Whitehead, S, Pittsburgh

2. Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida

3. Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

4. Casey Tucker, OG, Stanford

4. Jamarco Jones, OT, OSU

5. Bentley Spain, OT, North Carolina 

6. Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech

6. Da'Shawn Hand, DT, Alabama 

7. Tanner Mangum, QB, BYU

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Aaron Donald fits every defense.

Yup.  I would sling that Texans first out of a cannon for Aaron Donald.  I would even throw Philly's second with it.  They could throw in KD Cannon from their WR logjam to balance out cannonings.  Or maybe we could trade Shelton & a second rounder for Donald, since Shelton is ideal in a 3-4...

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

First mock of 2017.

1. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

1. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

2. Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

2. Jordan Whitehead, S, Pittsburgh

2. Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida

3. Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

4. Casey Tucker, OG, Stanford

4. Jamarco Jones, OT, OSU

5. Bentley Spain, OT, North Carolina 

6. Da'Shawn Hand, DT, Alabama 

7. Tanner Mangum, QB, BYU

Great mock as far as players picked, but can we afford to neglect CB/S, especially CB, til round 2?  It'd be cool to get another solid WR, but I can't see us passing on secondary for WR, especially with Coleman beginning to show his WR1'ness.  I could see us picking too late for Barkley, who likely goes top-5, and then going CB or LT, as it doesn't appear any of our late picks are going to be LTOTF'able.

1. Drafting a high round left tackle of the future doesn't make sense right now. I'd see it as a borderline waste of a pick.

2. I think we pick top 5.

3. Greg Williams has routinely developed lower round corners. Also, the 2nd round pick in my mock would be borderline close to a 1st.

Just now, candyman93 said:

1. Drafting a high round left tackle of the future doesn't make sense right now. I'd see it as a borderline waste of a pick.

2. I think we pick top 5.

3. Greg Williams has routinely developed lower round corners. Also, the 2nd round pick in my mock would be borderline close to a 1st.

1. We'd kinda have to know 2018 was Joe's final year for it to make sense, 2019 at the absolute latest.

2. Definitely, the Texans will suck ;)

Just  wanted to Chime in on the beginning football games I saw over this weekend....

The Colorado State vs Oregon State game....and a couple people I would say to keep an eye on....

Col State has two on offense....a 6'1/6'2 200/205 WR named Michael Gallup....this kid looked like Corey Coleman his Jr. year a Baylor....and I also see the next Big Thing at RB...Just as I called Kameron Petteway two years ago (yall will hear more about him this year, if you haven't already)....the next BIG thing coming out at RB, will be Rashadd Boddie who's a RS Freshaman.......this kid is going to be legit....IMO this kid will develop into the top RB in College football in the next year or Two (after Barkley and Guice).

Oregon St. has a DE with a Samoan sounding name...looked to be about 6'5/6'6 DE who looked really good last night too.

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Been one of my favorite players since his freshman year in 2015 (I talked about him two years ago along with malik Jefferson as two of my favorite Freshman defenders).

(Last year my favorite Freshman defenders were Ed Oliver DT Hou, the two Big Freshman at Aub Davidson and Brown and the Big Freshaman at Clemson Lawrence)

IF anyone has not heard of these kids....PLEASE watch some of their games this year.....

Also wanted to put another young prospect out there.....I don't know if anyone of yall saw the Bishop Gorman (N.V.) vs Damatha (M.D.)HS school game the other night....but I will say this.....I am sure that Josh Rosen will be turning Pro after this season.....the reason I say this is because the B.G. QB named Dorian Thompson-Robinson has committed to UCLA and in all honesty, after seeing this kid play.....Rosen might loose his start.....This Kid can PLAY QB....some of the throws he made looked like Arron Rogers vs a Practice Squad Defense....Dorian T-R, already has a College arm....I don't want to make improper comparisons...but this kid looks like he already has NFL caliber arm (average caliber...but the kids a Sr. in HS)....I will be keeping an eye on him....

Archived