College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

10 hours ago, Dogbite said:

What a worthless hack. Stats prove he is still one of the most productive players in college football and you say I don't care because he is not the most productive RB on the ground. I want a guy who can be effective in any situation at all times. I see you chose to ignore that I too said I would pass on him in the Top 5 because there are other guys I like at RB. Typical letsgo picking and choosing what he reads/hears to fit his side of the story. Anyway if you weren't such a arrogant tool you would see we actually agree on the Browns not taking him Top 5. You, however, take it too far and call out his production and act like he is not worth a Top 5 pick. That is where I decide to play devils advocate. I see I made the wrong choice because you are a typical millennial lunatic who refuses to ever hear both sides of a story.  Wasn't even worth my time. Letsgo again showing his true self. Thought we could actually have a good football talk but I was wrong. We don't even have to agree but you reasonings for your Barkley hate are beyond ignorant.

Ooo. Oooo.  Ooo do me do me!  Desparage me too!!!

So you earlier questioned why people were at odds with your posts?

6 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I was assuming it was for some assistant job on the defensive staff, haven't seen any info about it being FO.

Singletary is an idiot. Follow a couple guys on twitter who work with former coaching colleagues of him when he was an assistant, to a guy they all say he's an idiot and a bad coach. I'm really hoping it was just Williams doing him a favor and getting him an interview for like assistant LBs coach.

I don't get the Peyton obsession. I really don't. Dude was an amazing, cerebral QB who has shown no talent for or proclivity towards team building. There is a huge difference between running an organization and playing QB. There is a huge difference between reading a defense pre-snap and watching film to know who is going to be good and bad at the next level, or in a different system. Now, he COULD be good at that, but you guys who want to hand the whole team over to him right now are nuts.

Because the dude is extremely intelligent, from everything I have heard he has big contacts in the nfl. If we fire our organization yet again what more do you want? This **** has to end. The cycle has ended the battery.

oh crap grounhog day is real...

let that sink in

17 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Because the dude is extremely intelligent, from everything I have heard he has big contacts in the nfl. If we fire our organization yet again what more do you want? This **** has to end. The cycle has ended the battery.

let that sink in

The trouble is, an owner like Haslam is always going to be looking for a miracle worker to save him from himself and Peyton fits that bill, but will Haslam actually stand back and let him run the ship without interference, h...mmmm???

8 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

The trouble is, an owner like Haslam is always going to be looking for a miracle worker to save him from himself and Peyton fits that bill, but will Haslam actually stand back and let him run the ship without interference, h...mmmm???

You honestly need to take a break. This internet stuff is too much for you. Perhaps golf?

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

You know you've hit rock bottom when you have the number one pick and the best QB in the draft would rather stay at school and make zero dollars than play for your franchise.

He is at USC, after all. His wages might be comparable.

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

let that sink in

@Bonanza23 This is not for you but the post you replied to, so this guy is going to form his opinion about a person based off of what he hears on twitter??? , also based off his logic, he could have never discovered a GM like John Lynch.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The same people who hate on Sashi for not being a "football guy who knows talent" or for being unqualified due to inexperience want to hire a guy who's never worked in a front office in any capacity nor ever scouted a player.

The best part is they don't even see the irony.

I would definitely trust Peyton Manning's judgment on football players over Sashi Brown.

The inexperience in a front office argument is valid. I've personally never hated on Sashi for that. In general I've been a fan of the moves he made. With hindsight however, it's not looking so hot. Would Peyton Manning, inexperienced or not, have looked at Carson Wentz and said "we are absolutely not passing on this man"? I trust his judgment on the quarterback position over Sashi, that's for sure.

To be honest, I've made no attempt to hide my primary reasoning for wanting him. The idea that it might be what it takes to persuade Darnold to play. I don't have the same faith in Sashi and co. to do that, and seeing Darnold as by far the most critical aspect of the offseason naturally makes me fine with the idea of the change if that's what it resulted in.

9 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I would definitely trust Peyton Manning's judgment on football players over Sashi Brown.

The inexperience in a front office argument is valid. I've personally never hated on Sashi for that. In general I've been a fan of the moves he made. With hindsight however, it's not looking so hot. Would Peyton Manning, inexperienced or not, have looked at Carson Wentz and said "we are absolutely not passing on this man"? I trust his judgment on the quarterback position over Sashi, that's for sure.

To be honest, I've made no attempt to hide my primary reasoning for wanting him. The idea that it might be what it takes to persuade Darnold to play. I don't have the same faith in Sashi and co. to do that, and seeing Darnold as by far the most critical aspect of the offseason naturally makes me fine with the idea of the change if that's what it resulted in.

Using that logic every great player would be a good GM.

Perhaps Manning will be great, but I'd rather have some idea of what a guy can do before hiring them to run a team. For all of Sashi's "inexperience", he's worked in multiple roles in multiple front offices. Manning has never held a front office job in any capacity. For the last 2 years he's been selling pizzas.

If folks like Peyton, that's fine, but you're betting on a complete wildcard and you can't use "inexperience" as a reason to want to replace Sashi with him.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Using that logic every great player would be a good GM.

Perhaps Manning will be great, but I'd rather have some idea of what a guy can do before hiring them to run a team. For all of Sashi's "inexperience", he's worked in multiple roles in multiple front offices. Manning has never held a front office job in any capacity. For the last 2 years he's been selling pizzas.

If folks like Peyton, that's fine, but you're betting on a complete wildcard and you can't use "inexperience" as a reason to want to replace Sashi with him.

I've never used inexperience against Sashi myself. Passing on Wentz and not deeming him a Top 20 QB is the main reason I want him replaced. Even if I thought at the time it was a good trade down. It was a critical mistake. I don't believe in the arguments about Wentz flopping if we drafted him. Great QBs are great. He would've been fine. 

That links to another reason I want him gone. He could've taken Wentz at 2, kept Mack, Schwartz, Gipson, Pryor etc. I'd have that combination over what's he's drafted and signed so far, easily. That's before we mention that a year after trading Wentz away, he traded Watson away. Painful.

It's made out like we needed to gut the roster and take years and years to rebuild but that's just not true. Those players around Wentz and we'd be in great shape. As well as an offseason of free agency offense like the Eagles and Rams gave Wentz and Goff.

Unfortunately, the facts tend to show an era of ineptitude and incompetency from Sashi Brown.

Our last beacon of hope as far as I'm concerned is the #1 pick that we are hopefully going to win for being the absolute biggest freak show in football. If Sashi Brown and the rest of them end up being the reason Sam Darnold stays out of the draft, that's the final nail as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing to do with inexperience for me. Just outright incompetence.

That's a fair assessment, hard to argue.

I can't blame them for not pushing their chips all in on a 24 year old rookie who started 2 years for NDSU, I wouldn't have most likely.

I think this is the "crap or get off the pot" year for the front office though.  They need to use some of that absurd cap space and draft well. If Kizer isn't their guy moving forward, they need to find him in April, no more kicking the can.

I would give them all 4 years and see where they're at then, but I realize I'm in the extreme minority there.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can't blame them for not pushing their chips all in on a 24 year old rookie who started 2 years for NDSU, I wouldn't have most likely.

I'm with you here. A 24 year old rookie from an FCS School considered to be at best the 2nd best QB in the draft (behind Goff) with major injury concerns who went from the 15-20 range and climbed high the last 2 months without playing a meaningful down only after Pro Days/Combine. That would have been a Browns whiff written all over it.

I think this is the "crap or get off the pot" year for the front office though.  They need to use some of that absurd cap space and draft well. If Kizer isn't their guy moving forward, they need to find him in April, no more kicking the can.

100% agree. No more trade downs if their QBOTF is available. We want/need him NOW. They have a solid OL to protect him, so that's not an excuse, unlike 2 years ago when our QB's were sacked 66 times. Unless Kizer really plays absolutely LIGHTS OUT the last 6-7 games, we need to and had better draft him. They can do whatever they want with the Texans pick (trade backs, stockpile, more of the same) but they had better go #1 Rated QB in the entire draft or I'm done with the FO and perhaps coaching staff.

I would give them all 4 years and see where they're at then, but I realize I'm in the extreme minority there.

I think it would be fair to give them all 3 no matter what and then go from there. No meaningful signs of life/improvement after 3 years and I'm done with the whole lot of them. Three years is enough to see/give them a chance after the state of the roster that was 2015. 

JMHO

Archived