College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

@Bonanza23 This is not for you but the post you replied to, so this guy is going to form his opinion about a person based off of what he hears on twitter??? , also based off his logic, he could have never discovered a GM like John Lynch.

Yeah and just so everyone knows I’m not for firing everybody. IF we are starting over yet one more gain I’d look at him. I just have a Butch Davis that Peyton will be good. If we were to hire him I’d also hire a veteran FO guy to advise. 

I know that one should not respond to the negative outbursts on the thread, and that we should keep it on topic, and about football. However, a few points that I feel need to be made.  While I understand that 1.  It’s against forum rules and 2.  It’s just outright being nasty.  I can see why people get agitated enough to vent in this manner. (name-calling)

I am not attempting to defend this, but rather show how it can be potentially avoided in the future.  When someone has an opposing view, and there is a lot of back and forth, it seems that the “douchyness” gets ramped up.  People like to throw around snarky, sarcastic comments, and then when someone snaps back inappropriately, they like to sit on the “high horse” and point it out.  And then you have those that are in a bromance, that like to chime in and defend one another.  This is all very petty and I can see how new posters would quickly become agitated, and no longer want to post.  I’ve seen what can be as close to “cyber bullying” as it gets on here, with very little but warnings by mods.  Lots of internet “tough guys.”

I think that the “agree to disagree” line is most appropriate when the back and forth can’t be resolved.

I really would rather not lose posters that I think bring value with their comments, even if I don’t share the same thoughts.

Back on topic    

I like Barkley, but I think there are too many solid backs in this draft to make him the priority.  If we don’t address the QB position in FA, then I can’t see anything else they can do besides taking a QB with their own pick, which I assume will be top 3, and probably 1.

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

@Bonanza23 This is not for you but the post you replied to, so this guy is going to form his opinion about a person based off of what he hears on twitter??? , also based off his logic, he could have never discovered a GM like John Lynch.

Dude. Lynch had been out of the game for years, working in broadcasting and with teams. And when he was in the league he sat in on the draft room every year because he was already really interested in that stuff. So at least there are hints of interest and aptitude there, I haven't seen a single story about Peyton's amazing desire to be in a FO or his skill at evaluating players or running an organization. And beyond that, your best example is a guy who has been a GM for one year, and who drafted an RB in the 3rd who was OFF THEIR BOARD the day before, because he called the kid and felt good about him? Like, I get it, Peytoooooooon! But there's just no relevant information that says he would be good. Now if he works in a FO and does well for awhile, then sure, sign me up! But right now guys like Lynch and Elway are the exception to the rule regarding former players working in FOs, not examples of a widespread trend of success.

And where the heck are you getting your information? Urinals? Cleveland sports radio callers? That's more trustworthy? What has Mike Singletary ever done in his life to make you think he's an awesome coach or should be in a FO?

@big poppa pump Thanks for the PSA.

Why not just tag the people you're talking about? No point in being vague about....

Here's a thought, worry about yourself and the mods can address others as they see fit, even if it doesn't match how you feel it should be done. 

Or even better "agree to disagree" with others posting styles and move on.  Just trying to show how this can be avoided in the future....

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Dude. Lynch had been out of the game for years, working in broadcasting and with teams. And when he was in the league he sat in on the draft room every year because he was already really interested in that stuff. So at least there are hints of interest and aptitude there, I haven't seen a single story about Peyton's amazing desire to be in a FO or his skill at evaluating players or running an organization. And beyond that, your best example is a guy who has been a GM for one year, and who drafted an RB in the 3rd who was OFF THEIR BOARD the day before, because he called the kid and felt good about him? Like, I get it, Peytoooooooon! But there's just no relevant information that says he would be good. Now if he works in a FO and does well for awhile, then sure, sign me up! But right now guys like Lynch and Elway are the exception to the rule regarding former players working in FOs, not examples of a widespread trend of success.

And where the heck are you getting your information? Urinals? Cleveland sports radio callers? That's more trustworthy? What has Mike Singletary ever done in his life to make you think he's an awesome coach or should be in a FO?

I haven't seen freaky this fired up in years.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I know that one should not respond to the negative outbursts on the thread, and that we should keep it on topic, and about football. However, a few points that I feel need to be made.  While I understand that 1.  It’s against forum rules and 2.  It’s just outright being nasty.  I can see why people get agitated enough to vent in this manner. (name-calling)

I am not attempting to defend this, but rather show how it can be potentially avoided in the future.  When someone has an opposing view, and there is a lot of back and forth, it seems that the “douchyness” gets ramped up.  People like to throw around snarky, sarcastic comments, and then when someone snaps back inappropriately, they like to sit on the “high horse” and point it out.  And then you have those that are in a bromance, that like to chime in and defend one another.  This is all very petty and I can see how new posters would quickly become agitated, and no longer want to post.  I’ve seen what can be as close to “cyber bullying” as it gets on here, with very little but warnings by mods.  Lots of internet “tough guys.”

I think that the “agree to disagree” line is most appropriate when the back and forth can’t be resolved.

I really would rather not lose posters that I think bring value with their comments, even if I don’t share the same thoughts.

Back on topic    

I like Barkley, but I think there are too many solid backs in this draft to make him the priority.  If we don’t address the QB position in FA, then I can’t see anything else they can do besides taking a QB with their own pick, which I assume will be top 3, and probably 1.

Interesting thought but like i said i feel barkley is a good as Greg Pruitt and Barry sanders  put together.

2 barkley has a 3.4 gpa at Penn state that means he is smart.

3Greg Pruitt never put a double move on a linebacker let alone a db

once again like you thoughts

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why not just tag the people you're talking about? No point in being vague about....

Here's a thought, worry about yourself and the mods can address others as they see fit, even if it doesn't match how you feel it should be done. 

Or even better "agree to disagree" with others posting styles and move on.  Just trying to show how this can be avoided in the future....

Typical

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So many victory lap threads needed...

Archived