College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Is Saquon Barkley still considered a top 5 talent in the draft?  The reason I ask is because out of the 10 games he's played so far, He's been held to under 90 yards for seven of them.  I do think he has talent and has a nice feel for the passing game but some people were saying he was a generational talent which I'm not totally sold on.  Do you feel that Saquon Barkley is still worth a top 5 pick regardless of in season stats?  Just curious as to what you guys think.

Peace!!!

3 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Is Saquon Barkley still considered a top 5 talent in the draft?  The reason I ask is because out of the 10 games he's played so far, He's been held to under 90 yards for seven of them.  I do think he has talent and has a nice feel for the passing game but some people were saying he was a generational talent which I'm not totally sold on.  Do you feel that Saquon Barkley is still worth a top 5 pick regardless of in season stats?  Just curious as to what you guys think.

Peace!!!

I'll let @LETSGOBROWNIES and @Dogbite answer this question, LOL. 

13 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

Yes.

But he is kind of a frustrating guy. You see some highlights and expect a lightening in a bottle type. But that's not him...he's a power guy that can just do everything else. He's still power first..and those types can get held up if you throw everything at them.

2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

Not sure if this is legit or just subtle trolling....hoping for the latter.

Maybe? Depends who comes out, who's available when we pick, etc.. I probably wouldn't, some others would as I understand it.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not sure if this is legit or just subtle trolling....hoping for the latter.

Maybe? Depends who comes out, who's available when we pick, etc.. I probably wouldn't, some others would as I understand it.

I always look at things on a sliding scale when it comes from the draft, with a 0-10 on how much I like/hate the pick. I would be at around a 7-8 if we drafted Barkley. We'd get arguably the best position player in the draft, but from a value standpoint I think we could do a lot better.

Examples of past drafts:

I was hyped about Haloti Ngata, then we traded the pick to Baltimore for a 6th, and drafted Kamerion Wimbley. I ran to the door and punching it, yelling "WHY DO WE NEVER DRAFT ANYONE THAT I WANT!!!!". I was at a 1-2 when we drafted Alex Mack after trading back a million times and threw a glass of water across the living room in the apartment in college.

The closest I've ever been to a 10 was a 9, when we drafted one Joe Thomas. I was CRAZY about Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson and REALLY wanted them. The Lions took Megatron, so I sulked. Then we passed on AD for Thomas, who I also LOVED and was VERY happy.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I always look at things on a sliding scale when it comes from the draft, with a 0-10 on how much I like/hate the pick. I would be at around a 7-8 if we drafted Barkley. We'd get arguably the best position player in the draft, but from a value standpoint I think we could do a lot better.

Examples of past drafts:

I was hyped about Haloti Ngata, then we traded the pick to Baltimore for a 6th, and drafted Kamerion Wimbley. I ran to the door and punching it, yelling "WHY DO WE NEVER DRAFT ANYONE THAT I WANT!!!!". I was at a 1-2 when we drafted Alex Mack after trading back a million times and threw a glass of water across the living room in the apartment in college.

The closest I've ever been to a 10 was a 9, when we drafted one Joe Thomas. I was CRAZY about Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson and REALLY wanted them. The Lions took Megatron, so I sulked. Then we passed on AD for Thomas, who I also LOVED and was VERY happy.

Scheme plays a role too.

In Hue's offense?  Meh.  IF the Gruden speculation has legs? I'd like him a bit more in a wco scheme.

I just don't like RB's in the first round tbh.  Not that they won't be good, just that you can find a good running back later in the draft relatively easy.

On 8/18/2017 at 7:04 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do you fellas really think we spend a high pick on a DL next year?

Sashi has already invested a lot of (premium) picks there.

IDK....but I really wish we would see some more out of Ogbah in the passing game.  He has played better this year against the run, but I am still not thrilled with his pass rushing so far.  I wouldn't want to invest another high pick on the d-line, but if there is a FA to be had, I'm in.

14 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

IDK....but I really wish we would see some more out of Ogbah in the passing game.  He has played better this year against the run, but I am still not thrilled with his pass rushing so far.  I wouldn't want to invest another high pick on the d-line, but if there is a FA to be had, I'm in.

I would like a pure pass rusher in the third like a 

Sam Hubbard or someone like that 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Scheme plays a role too.

In Hue's offense?  Meh.  IF the Gruden speculation has legs? I'd like him a bit more in a wco scheme.

I just don't like RB's in the first round tbh.  Not that they won't be good, just that you can find a good running back later in the draft relatively easy.

I would agree about taking RBs in the first round, especially high in the first round, but, having a Zeke type player does wonders for the offense. It was one game, but, Dallas just got owned big time by a defense that normally struggles vs decent/great RBs who can catch. I am also still in the camp that believes Zeke should have been OROY last year instead of Dak because there is no doubt in my mind that Dak does not have as great of a rookie season without Zeke commanding so much attention out of the back field.

Of course, there is also the salt of Richardson still in my thoughts....:(

Archived