College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Well i was talkin about qb s taken by us later in the first round....you need to get a qb high..and even then there is no guarantee....but taking one later?  Chances are very slim that they will be successful...why u started talking about other non qb picks?  I am not sure. .and btw.  Those guys are just ok up to now....if they were as good as u think...we would probably have won a game

I would love an off-season that somehow turned out something like this

Draft

1. QB Sam Darnold

1. FS Minkah Fitzpatrick

2. DE Sam Hubbard

2. CB Joshua Jackson

2. RB Nick Chubb

3. WR David Sills

Sign

Trumaine Jackson

Terrelle Pryor

Darnold/Kizer

Chubb/Johnson/Dayes

Gordon/Coleman/Pryor/Sills/Higgins

Njoku/DeValve/Telfair

Thomas/Jones

Bitonio

Tretter

Zeitler

Coleman

Garrett/Hubbard

Shelton/Meder/Brantley

Ogunjobi/Coley

Ogbah/Nassib

Collins

Schoebert

Kirksey

McCourty/Jackson/Taylor

Fitzpatrick/Reynolds

Peppers/Kindred

Jackson/Boddy-Calhoun

54 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Draft

1. QB Sam Darnold

1. FS Minkah Fitzpatrick

2. DE Sam Hubbard

2. CB Joshua Jackson

2. RB Nick Chubb

3. WR David Sills

Sign

Trumaine Jackson

Terrelle Pryor

Darnold/Kizer

Chubb/Johnson/Dayes

Njoku/DeValve/Telfair

Thomas/Jones

Bitonio

Tretter

Zeitler

Coleman

Garrett/Hubbard

Shelton/Meder/Brantley

Ogunjobi/Coley

Ogbah/Nassib

Collins

Schoebert

Kirksey

McCourty/Jackson/Taylor

Fitzpatrick/Reynolds

Peppers/Kindred

Jackson/Boddy-Calhoun

When it comes to the combine/workouts, Hubbard is going to shine. His tape shows his ability at DE but the combine/workouts will show his background of being a safety/LB. his potential of being a 4/3 DE or a possible 3/4 LB. he won’t be a 2nd rd pick IMO. I feel like he would be a perfect New England player. They mold him into a stud then trade him lol

58 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Draft

1. QB Sam Darnold

1. FS Minkah Fitzpatrick

2. DE Sam Hubbard

2. CB Joshua Jackson

2. RB Nick Chubb

3. WR David Sills

Sign

Trumaine Jackson

Terrelle Pryor

Darnold/Kizer

Chubb/Johnson/Dayes

Njoku/DeValve/Telfair

Thomas/Jones

Bitonio

Tretter

Zeitler

Coleman

Garrett/Hubbard

Shelton/Meder/Brantley

Ogunjobi/Coley

Ogbah/Nassib

Collins

Schoebert

Kirksey

McCourty/Jackson/Taylor

Fitzpatrick/Reynolds

Peppers/Kindred

Jackson/Boddy-Calhoun

Not to be a Debby downer but we NEED more receivers than Pryor and Stills.

When Gordon gets suspended again, that puts us in the same position we were in a year ago when people didn't think we had enough receiving talent.

Either it has to be a better FA WR IMO (Jefferies, Laundry, Robinson, ETC) or it has to be someone like Pryor or Adams and a higher draft pick (Sutton, Ridley, etc)

Thats just my opinion but we NEED some hope at receiver.  Coleman has been good when healthy but Gordon is not reliable and Coleman has yet to stay healthy.

6 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

When Gordon gets suspended again, that puts us in the same position we were in a year ago when people didn't think we had enough receiving talent.

Either it has to be a better FA WR IMO (Jefferies, Laundry, Robinson, ETC) or it has to be someone like Pryor or Adams and a higher draft pick (Sutton, Ridley, etc)

Thats just my opinion but we NEED some hope at receiver.  Coleman has been good when healthy but Gordon is not reliable and Coleman has yet to stay healthy.

I think they really need to invest heavily there this offseason.

Minimum of 1 starting caliber FA and high draft pick (top 2 rounds). I'd probably be tempted to add another mid round pick too tbh.

Free agent, Coleman, Gordon, top 40 pick, top 100 pick and let Louis/Coates/UDFA battle it out for the last spot.

I like HWS guys, but they need to make sure they can also catch the football.  Coates and Louis look great and are hella athletic, but their hands are garbage, Njoku's are suspect as well.  They need pay more attention to that in their talent identification process.

2 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

DING DING DING! Give this man a prize. I'd also add a vet QB. This rookie/2nd year QB experiment has shown exactly what everyone feared. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

18 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Those guys are just ok up to now....if they were as good as u think...we would probably have won a game

Actually, Ogbah has been a top 8-12 DE in the NFL so far. It's just that his impact is felt more in the run game than the pass so far, so it isn't as noticeable. And on a per snap basis Garrett has been amazing (albeit you can't really credit them for taking the clear #1 player at #1). And they've had some really nice hits later in the draft too with Schobert, Ogunjobi (they're easing him in, but per snap he's an absolute beast against the run), Shon Coleman, and Devalve. I mean, honestly, other than QB they're doing awesome. We did a complete tear down and a lot of our later round picks have developed into quality depth guys (Higgins, Louis, Kindred, Drango, Brantley, and Dayes have all been better than you'd expect from a guy taken in the round they were, not stars but solid role players). They desperately need a hit at QB, but outside of that the team is actually starting to look a LOT better from a talent standpoint. Fix QB, Secondary, and WR this offseason and this could be a really, really good roster.

Archived