College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Pretty soon it will be a 100 hrs a week and you guys will not have to put up with me

Come on man you’re not a bad poster. Feel free to post as much as you want. There are others that are garbage, you are not. 

Land I know the huge hour work weeks, they suck. 

31 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

i do not know? is this correct

The only actual quote from Darnold on the topic of him avoiding the Browns is him saying he has "no idea where that rumour came from so I'm just going to let that one go".

Everything else is conjecture and 'sources'.

What we do know is that there are many in the media that are starting to run with the narrative that he would be better served going back to school to improve his craft (which makes no sense, you'd improve a lot more with pro NFL coaches than Let's Pray Clay Helton). That and to avoid the Browns. Which feels like a cheapshot but I can't really blame outsiders for looking in at the dysfunction and the 1-35 record or whatever it is.

Another thing we do know is that Darnold has until the 15th of January to make his mind up. We play Pittsburgh in the final game on New Years Eve. That's a two week period to possibly convince him that he should play for the Browns. Maybe that's a staff overhaul. Maybe it's Peyton Manning. Or maybe one believes that if he doesn't want to play for the Browns on the 31st of December, than forget him and he's not the right guy for us.

As much as I love him as a prospect, I'm coming around to the idea of Josh Rosen, who seems almost a lock to be available to draft.

14 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

About to make @mtmmike and @LETSGOBROWNIES a victory lap thread if it gets any more cozy in here.

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.

No worries boo, I still got love fo ya.

13 hours ago, mtmmike said:

No worries

who do you like rosen or darnold

lol wut

It is getting cozier in here with each additional post.

18 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Come on man you’re not a bad poster. Feel free to post as much as you want. There are others that are garbage, you are not. 

Land I know the huge hour work weeks, they suck. 

We work alot of hours in jackson during the holidays and the snow is the best ever so I will work alot like it or not .

Ok, there is no way an agent talks a kid, who will be the #1 pick in the draft, into going back to school. You can do no better by staying in school. You are already the best prospect in the draft on multiple teams' radars. If he went back to USC at this point in his life, it would be a seriously stupid risk. And for what?

1 - To become a better player? Pros up your game quicker than college. For one in the pros, football is your 9 to 5. In college you are part time football. So no darnold won't get better at USC. He can work harder, training harder, and learn against actual pro players and not scrubs who are earning a degree. 

2 - He risks getting seriously injured playing meaningless games for 0.00$. I got about 50-60 million reasons why his agent will be screaming at him to go to the pros. If he messes up his knee or what have you, he has a lot of money still coming to him. I'd rather be seriously injured and signed on a pro squad pulling in them game checks than at college eating ramen in the quad any day of the week. All the while watching my backup play in my place. 

3 - What if he regresses? He could hurt his draft stock. He flat out plays like garbage next year and drops out of the top 5 or the top 10. How much money would that end up costing him? How about if he falls out of the 1st round altogether?

So please, can we stop the "Darnold ain't coming out cuz of the Browns" BS. Haslam's millions spend just as good as anyone else's. Darnold will play for whatever team drafts him. If he has the talent to play at a pro level, he will showcase it. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I bet a lot of GMs and taking note of the recent stretch of very poor play of Dak Prescott and its direct correlation to Ezekiel Elliott being suspended. It just goes to show what a stud running back can do for a young inexperience QB and how they can make QBs look even better.

26 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

I bet a lot of GMs and taking note of the recent stretch of very poor play of Dak Prescott and its direct correlation to Ezekiel Elliott being suspended. It just goes to show what a stud running back can do for a young inexperience QB and how they can make QBs look even better.

Last year their OL seemed to be able to move mountains.

Not so much this year. Dnk why.

That's a factor, too.

Archived