College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I probably like this draft best among all I have seen for it's balance between O and D.

Not necessarily the players picked, although some appear quite good, but more the holes filled.Still disagree with taking an RB so high.

Think it might be better to grab a replacement for JT to protect our #1 QB.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

I probably like this draft best among all I have seen for it's balance between O and D.

Not necessarily the players picked, although some appear quite good, but more the holes filled.Still disagree with taking an RB so high.

Think it might be better to grab a replacement for JT to protect our #1 QB.

Yeah. I have not done a mock yet but there is a lot of going back and forth on the DBs, DL, OL, WR with Texan's 1st. If Texans pick is around 9-12 and the best OL Tackle is available vs the 2nd best DB/WR do we go ahead and get Joe's eventual replace? Because if it does become a early mid round pick, it is completely possible that James, Fitzpatrack, Chubbs, Ridley will all be gone. Not to mention Rosen, Darnold, Barkley, that one LB (forget his name), maybe another DL/DE? I might have to look up the top Olinemen now.... I said I wasn't going to mock us taking a tackle in the top 2 rounds but nooooooo here you guys are pulling me right back in. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

13 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Yeah. I have not done a mock yet but there is a lot of going back and forth on the DBs, DL, OL, WR with Texan's 1st. If Texans pick is around 9-12 and the best OL Tackle is available vs the 2nd best DB/WR do we go ahead and get Joe's eventual replace? Because if it does become a early mid round pick, it is completely possible that James, Fitzpatrack, Chubbs, Ridley will all be gone. Not to mention Rosen, Darnold, Barkley, that one LB (forget his name), maybe another DL/DE? I might have to look up the top Olinemen now.... I said I wasn't going to mock us taking a tackle in the top 2 rounds but nooooooo here you guys are pulling me right back in. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I think LT has to be a consideration after taking a QB #1 overall. It all depends on how high a pick we have with Houston's pick. 3 positions will have to be considered and you draft the best among them. RB, WR, LT. I believe all 3 positions are in play, starting with Houston's pick.

Mastercheddaar , how do you add to a person's rating. I want to add something for you, but I do not know how???

26 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I think LT has to be a consideration after taking a QB #1 overall. It all depends on how high a pick we have with Houston's pick. 3 positions will have to be considered and you draft the best among them. RB, WR, LT. I believe all 3 positions are in play, starting with Houston's pick.

Disagree re positions to consider.

Would under no circumstances burn the pick on a RB.

CB, FS have to be in the mix.

Would seriously consider a trade-down with the right partner if no CB, FS or OT we really want is there.

Archived