College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Any dudes you like in the draft from the Wisonsin OL?

I like their freshman center. They are pretty young. I'm pretty sure they will ALL be back next year. The RG would get drafted in the 3-4 range but he's just a junior. The RT will be a good one. Hopefully he plays on the blind side his senior year and gets more looks.

I've taken very little notice in any of the prospects this year because of the QBs. All my focus has been on them.

From the surface, am I right in saying this doesn't seem to be a star studded draft? Certainly not like the 2011 draft where you could do no wrong in the Top 15.

I know there's Saquon Barkley, who I personally do not want us to draft. Not necessarily because I think he'll bust, just because I don't want a RB that early. But who are the other top flight weapons? The undoubted blue chip WRs, DBs, OTs?

It's my lack of knowledge about the class outside of QB that makes me okay with trading the Texans pick for another haul.

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

I want the OT from Oklahoma Orlando Brown he's the best I've seen this year

I like what I see with him but am concerned about his size making him destined for RT--6'8"/345 or so & seen him listed as high as 360.  With Shon Coleman allegedly :-D playing decent at RT, wouldn't we be taking Brown to be our LTOTF?  If we pick a passer high, I'd like to somehow end up with Baker Mayfield, Orlando Brown and Mark Andrews TE from Oklahoma.  I'd love if that somehow happened.  I do a lot of mock stuff on fanspeak & read the main sites like Walter football and many prospects like Orlando Brown are all over the board, sometimes as high as top-10 down to high 2nd round.  

Now if we can sign a CB & a WR in the offseason...

1. B. Mayfield / 6. M. Fitzpatrick FS / 33. O. Brown / 39. Josh Jackson CB Iowa / 60. Ronald Jones USC RB / 65. Mark Andrews TE / 4th round best WR available / bpa rest of the way.  *then many sunglasses emojis*

We could always grab a WR at 65, though I'd love to pair Andrews--more of a Jason Witten type than a Vernon Davis like Njoku--with Mayfield as they already have awesome chemistry.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I've taken very little notice in any of the prospects this year because of the QBs. All my focus has been on them.

From the surface, am I right in saying this doesn't seem to be a star studded draft? Certainly not like the 2011 draft where you could do no wrong in the Top 15.

I know there's Saquon Barkley, who I personally do not want us to draft. Not necessarily because I think he'll bust, just because I don't want a RB that early. But who are the other top flight weapons? The undoubted blue chip WRs, DBs, OTs?

It's my lack of knowledge about the class outside of QB that makes me okay with trading the Texans pick for another haul.

My perception is similar to yours.  There seem to be ten or so elite prospects & then a big wash.  I see Houston winning one more game and giving us a top-10 pick around #6 or #7 with their 5-11 record--CLE/SF/NYG/then a bunch of 5-11s--and thus would be happy not to trade down depending on who is there.

The problem is that most of the elite players aren't really ideal for what we need.  There are likely three defensive ends going top-12 or so in Bradley Chubb/Arden Key/Harold Landry & we are really being greedy grabbing a pass rusher so high when we have some legit nobodies at some positions.  We have two starting DEs already; Ogbah is very underrated by many and looks to be on his way to being an excellent pick.

Then there is Derwin James who does not appear to be a FS, more of a SS.  No thanks there.  Give me some coverage already back there.

Other guys are Minkah Fitzpatrick whom I would for sure draft if there--future All-Pro in my eyes--and Barkley, whom will likely go top-4.

People like the Notre Dame guard as a possible top-10, on the Zach Martin level.

Add in Rosen, Mayfield & Lamar Jackson to the list with Mason Rudolph possibly surprising and going top-10.  I think Darnold goes back to school.  He really should.

So yeah, that's ten dudes or so.  There are several nice OTs but no clear cut guy.  This CB draft is super deep though no clear cut top dude--many 1st rounders, though.  Depending on the draft, I'd like to target CB at #33--could get great value there on a CB1.  WRs are thin at the top & I hope we don't reach for one top-10.

I'll add that this draft is very deep and is a great one to have so many high picks in; mocking has been a ton of fun.

On 11/24/2017 at 11:17 PM, Iamcanadian said:

I think LT has to be a consideration after taking a QB #1 overall. It all depends on how high a pick we have with Houston's pick. 3 positions will have to be considered and you draft the best among them. RB, WR, LT. I believe all 3 positions are in play, starting with Houston's pick.

Mastercheddaar , how do you add to a person's rating. I want to add something for you, but I do not know how???

I don’t know. 

Mc

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

I want the OT from Oklahoma Orlando Brown he's the best I've seen this year

He's a beast. But I'm not spending a top 10 pick on a future starter. He isn't an OG and he's not beating out Thomas. So he'd be a slight upgrade over Shon Coleman, who doesn't need to be upgraded. Not with all the other holes on our team.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He's a beast. But I'm not spending a top 10 pick on a future starter. He isn't an OG and he's not beating out Thomas. So he'd be a slight upgrade over Shon Coleman, who doesn't need to be upgraded. Not with all the other holes on our team.

You're that sure Thomas comes back? 

Archived